What civilizations do you WANT in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hungary and
Phoenicia or Sumer or Hittite or Armenia or Khmer or Vietnam or Mali or Kongo or Nubia or Tibet or Khazars

Armenia, Hittites, Phoenicia, Sumer, Tibet, Mali, Kongo, Elam, Apache, to name a few.

Surprised to see so many votes for Ukraine. May be it's because it was one of the main competitors of Venice for some time?
My choice would be Hungary and Kyivan Rus.

I want Norway and Finland in the game

Finland and Norway dont necessarily "deserve" to be in, but I could come up with very interesting UUs, UBs and UAs.

For example Finnish Runesinger would make very interesting special replacement for great artist or great musician.
Stave churches would make good religious UBs for Norwegians.
etc.

Kongo
Ashanti
Khmer
Afganistan
Canada
Tibet
Kazars
Summers
Kingdom of Israel
Vietnam

There are much interesting civilizations than the ones that are the most likely to be included yet (Venice & some random North American tribe). Still, I can't complain: Indonesia, Brazil and Morocco, yay! :D

Cherokee
Oman
Vietnam
Kongo
Venice
Sioux
Khmer
Phoenicia
Hittites
Sumer
Timurids

If Venice and the Sioux are in, then there's enough here for another expansion :) :p.

1. Another Southeast Asian (Vietnamese or Khmer)
2. Another Colonial civ (Australia, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, Grand Colombia)
3. Another Ancient-Classical civ (Sumer, Phoenicia, Harrapan, Scythians, Nubians, Israelites etc)
4. A silk road civ (Khazars, Timurids, Mamluks etc)
5. Another Native American civ (Sioux, Mississippians, Apaches, Inuits, Olmecs, Arawaks etc)
6. Another African civs (Kongo, Zimbabwe, Ashanti etc)
7. A Medieval Europeans civ (Goths, Franks/HRE, Vandals, Kievan Rus (Ukraine) etc)
8. Eastern Europeans civ (Bulgars, Romanians, Hungarians etc)
9. East Asians? (Tibetans, Manchus etc)

My wish list civs are Venice and the Comanche. I know the Comanche are out for BNW, so I will settle for the Shawnee. No Sioux please.

Beyond that, I'd eventually like to see Vietnam and some version of Afghanistan. Mostly because I would like to see a Cold War era UU.

Oh, and I forgot to add the Ashanti.

Why no Sioux?

Why no Sioux?

Because they aren't one of the more significant Indian peoples. The Sioux took advantage of the changing power dimensions in America with the arrival of the Americans, and didn't stand the test of time.

Essentially, they stand alongside peoples like the Comanche, Navajo etc as famous peoples that stood against the USA. This is for the most part how they're remembered. However, the Comanche and the Navajo have a long and successful history in the region before the arrival of the Americans. The Sioux didn't even have horses until the late 18th century, and the only reason we remember the name of their tribe instead of another is because of a man named Custer.

TLDR: Including the Sioux is Americo-centric pandering for sales when there are far more significant american peoples in their own right.

Why no Sioux?

I think Shawnee led by Tecumseh would make the most sense for North-American Native Civ. Tecumseh succeeded to create a large tribal confederacy. Something that very few Native leaders could achieve in North-America. Shawnee is better candidate than Sioux IMO.

I think there are Civs that deserve to be in the game, but I still dont want them in the game. One of them is Sumeria. Reason is that we dont have a decent real life leader for them. Same can be said about many Native American civs.

TLDR: Including the Sioux is Americo-centric pandering for sales when there are far more significant american peoples in their own right.

So what you're saying is Sioux Civ confirmed?

Because they aren't one of the more significant Indian peoples. The Sioux took advantage of the changing power dimensions in America with the arrival of the Americans, and didn't stand the test of time.

Essentially, they stand alongside peoples like the Comanche, Navajo etc as famous peoples that stood against the USA. This is for the most part how they're remembered. However, the Comanche and the Navajo have a long and successful history in the region before the arrival of the Americans. The Sioux didn't even have horses until the late 18th century, and the only reason we remember the name of their tribe instead of another is because of a man named Custer.

And they never practiced agriculture or built cities.

I'll put them in order until 30 max... I strongly disagree with many of the choices made in your top 50 up there, I think you made some poor decisions (no offense, just my opinion)

EDIT: forgot the Philippines! they'd be top 5 for me!

Opinions - everyones got them.

I think most anything is viable if it offers design elements which is why right down the end I put in USSR and CSA because I think they offer design elelments.

In the end any list that long is a pipe dream and we know it.

Opinions - everyones got them.

I think most anything is viable if it offers design elements which is why right down the end I put in USSR and CSA because I think they offer design elelments.

In the end any list that long is a pipe dream and we know it.

Neither the CSA or the USSR are civilizations, and the USSR itself is directly represented within the game within the Russian Civilization as they always have been. If you think we can have the USSR and Russia, then why not Qing China, Ming China, the Republic of China and the People's Republic of China. Why not England, Great Britain and the UK? Why not The Kingdom of France, Empire of France and Republic of France? Why not Prussia, German Empire and Germany?

Neither the CSA or the USSR are civilizations, and the USSR itself is directly represented within the game within the Russian Civilization as they always have been. If you think we can have the USSR and Russia, then why not Qing China, Ming China, the Republic of China and the People's Republic of China. Why not England, Great Britain and the UK? Why not The Kingdom of France, Empire of France and Republic of France? Why not Prussia, German Empire and Germany?

I think you need to calm down. This man just stated it was purely for gameplay, and also he was not looking for an argeument, he just stated his opinion, and said so explicitely. I don't agree with him, but I think he has the right to say what civ he wants on the wanted civ list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom