merger between two forums?

meltone1

Civophile
So is the c3c forum and this one going to merge soon? I was just wondering.. :rolleyes: I say it's time for us to come together as one! :D

Hm, maybe both should just stay since conquests seems to have quite a lot of changes (etc...etc) in comparison to vanilla.:shrug:
:)

Kind of a stickied "Lightspeed answers for insomnia-causing C3C questions"-thread over there could be very nifty. I'm looking forward to severly spam such place with my utterly stupid and grilling n00b-questions any time soon...:yeah::D

I also think that some discreet C3C hint in a thread title in the Strategy (Articles) section may be very descriptive; if an article/thread appears there and has slightly to do with C3C, that is. (Possibly even create an extra strategy section.)
That way, a new 'vanilla/ptw visitor' won't get the plague from making the assumption to have missed that mentioned Scientific Great Leader or such in two years of constant vanilla playing...
:)

I second Grille.
C3 is slightly different from PTW
C3C is very much different (from what I ve read) than both PTW and C3. Cramming them together makes for :confused: faces.
Some might even go :crazyeye: from having to find info.

I guess stickying 3 sets of newbie questions and FAQ threads at the top of c3 general discussion could do a bit though, but it would be limited use at best to have all in one forum, imHo

I would prefer it didnt happen- this is one my rare little sorties into this forum, and franklly, this set of forums just isnt very enjoyable- the C3C one is for (cause then, when I spam about cataphracts, there is a good reason, I can do that here ;))

People have run out of good things to say in the C3C forum...but that's all changed. At first, everyone was just talking about what they are going to do with the game when they get it. It's gotten old, if you ask me. But now, I hope it stays the way it is. There is going to be a glut of C3C questions coming in, oh, right about now. That'll just clog up GD for the people who have vanilla questions. I'll be visiting the C3C forum more when I actually get the game, cuz right now it's kinda...uh...boring. Keep em' separate, that's my thing. ;)

I personally support merging the two forums (or just closing the C3C forum), once enough time has elapsed for those who want to get the game to get the game (early December?). There's no need/sense to have two forums with very similar predicates.

Questions about which "type" of Civ3 being played (vanilla, PTW, Conquests) will become fairly common. And people answering will have to be careful to answer correctly for the circumstance.

My $.02,
Arathorn

The forums should be merged because people are going to eventually ask questions in either forum which could be useful to both games.

Plus, I wouldn't have to subscribe to an extra forum :p

My own, personal opinion:

I expect (read -> hope) that the C3C forum will be folded into the rest of the Civ3 forums, say around the first of the year. People will just have to be specific about which version of the game they are talking about, when it matters. Not *that* much different from now, where we have to remember to distinguish between plain Civ3 and PTW.

I prefer that it would happen, as the number of forums are growing large.

Once the market becomes saturated with c3c and many more people have it, that is when they should probably merge. I wouldn't agree that the x pac is that much different from the real game to merit having its own forum permanently. If it was civ4, sure. But soon many people will have the game and this forum will start to absorb many of the c3c questions, as it already has started to. At that point, they might as well be brought together, as this forum should represent civ3 in it's current state, not how it was.

Top Bottom