Customization Options Won't Save

fdrpi

Prince
Every time I load a game with the BAT mod, all my BUG/BAT customization options have been switched back to the default. Does anybody know a remedy for this?

That means it cannot write the info to the location where you installed the mod. Did you install single player or multi-player?

If single player ... do you have any non-standard characters in your windows user name?

If MP - do you have write access to the mod folder?

In that case ... no idea. Have you tried turning on Civ4 logging and modify the BUG logging level?

Try running the game as Administrator.

How do you do that for Civ? I am the administrator on the laptop I use.

It's not enough to be the Administrator. You must run the game with elevated privileges. Right click on the game icon (or file) and choose "Run as Administrator" and see if that works for you.

I ran it as administrator, but there was no change. It did not save my options. It said there was an error writing INI file.

And now my screen is being covered with error messages that won't go away saying how it failed to save my customization options. Please help!

Update: Despite starting when I ran Civ as administrator, the problem only goes away now if I run the game as an administrator.

What version of Windows are you using, and where is BTS installed?

Windows 8

BTS is installed in the standard 2K/Firaxis/ Civ folder.

I've also noticed that even when the error messages appear, the customization options are (now) nonetheless saved, even when not run as administrator.

So let me get this straight, when you run as administrator, it saves your settings?

Then you should run as administrator all the time.

Top Bottom