New Features & Fixes

Oh right - putting in the wide version doesn't have option code wrapped around it ... meaning that it is there and cannot be disabled.

Not that. More that if we have duplicated files with core files, we have to work quick when a patch comes out. That is the cause of the "missing text keys" thing going on with 3.17. In this case, I think it's okay. I can't imagine anyone wanting to turn off a widescreen FA. :)

well, the only thing I had to change in the vainilla FA file was the value that centers the "knights of the round table", the first screen. I did not went further with that, but as your Exotic FA imports the original FA and calls the function to draw the first screen from there, maybe there is a way to just include the adjustment for that value inside the Exotic FA.

I tried this out, and it doesn't work on monitors not running 1280xYYY resolution. You cannot assume the screen is 1280 wide, otherwise the right-most leaders are drawn off-screen. :(

I'll take a look at the EFA and see about making it not require a modified FA.

yes, I know. The widening works OK, but the Relations "round table" stays out of center if you don't modify the FA as of now. It is a minor annoyance, compared to the benefits of a wider Glance, but nevertheless...

I only modified the FA for my use. I just finished trying some things to get rid of the modified FA, but I couldn't (only a rookie programmer wannabe here... for now :D)

I looked at that too, and the only way to fix the stuff drawn by the FA screen is to modify that screen. For now, I'll just leave it alone and have the first tab be off center.

I looked at that too, and the only way to fix the stuff drawn by the FA screen is to modify that screen. For now, I'll just leave it alone and have the first tab be off center.

:D:D:D

Done.

This is the code I inserted into EFA:

# RJG Start
def drawRelations (self, bInitial):
screen = self.getScreen()
self.W_SCREEN = screen.getXResolution() - 40
self.X_SCREEN = (screen.getXResolution() - 24) / 2
self.X_LEADER_CIRCLE_TOP = self.X_SCREEN
CvForeignAdvisor.CvForeignAdvisor.drawRelations (self, bInitial)
# RJG End

The screenie shows the result.

The attached file is your latest SVN EFA including the inserted code (calling drawRelations). Works like a charm.

With the successful release of BUG 3.0, it's time to once again start adding new stuff. :)

Tired of calculating the whip overflow?

• Epic, shoot, it's 45 :hammers: not 30 :hammers:
  • +25% for the Forge, so that's 56 :hammers:. 2 population, so that's 112 :hammers:? No, 113 :hammers:?
  • Oh I have stone, so that's, um, carry the 2 . . . divide by pi . . . It's Tuesday, so drop the 6 and add 8 . . . #$!&@
Me too! :D

Whip Population and Overflow :hammers: / Purchase Cost :gold:

The next feature of this mod will help you determine the optimal time to whip so you can maximize your overflow. No more missing that 89 :hammers: overflow by 1 lousy :hammers:!

The Sevopedia now has a section for leader traits. Each trait lists the leaders with that trait, the effects of the trait, and strategy for maximizing the trait.

The strategy articles were written by Sisiutil of ALC fame and include useful technologies, buildings, wonders and civics.

Spoiler Charismatic Trait :

The scoreboard now has an option to include the score delta for each civ: the change in score during the previous turn. There is also an option to include the current turn's delta so you can see the scores change while you make your moves. Note that this second option can get confusing.

Thanks Caesium for the idea and code. To enable, update from SVN and select "Score Deltas". If you use the Advanced Layout, you must also add "Z" to the Display Order field, to the right of "S" in the screenshot below.

Score Deltas

The scoreboard now has an option to include the score delta for each civ: the change in score during the previous turn. There is also an option to include the current turn's delta so you can see the scores change while you make your moves. Note that this second option can get confusing.

Thanks Caesium for the idea and code. To enable, update from SVN and select "Score Deltas". If you use the Advanced Layout, you must also add "Z" to the Display Order field, to the right of "S" in the screenshot below.

Score Deltas

I'm glad to see this added to BUG :)

well, where is the strength display on that scoreboard?

The scoreboard in BUG is fully customizable. With the text field at the scoreboard tab at the BUG options screen you can select which elements are displayed. On that screenshot the elements are reduced to a minimum.

The Doc is correct about the customizability of the Advanced Layout scoreboard. However in the above pic, I think it's just that it's very early in the game and I didn't have enough EPs against any of my rivals yet to see their demographics. Note also that I don't have OB or TNs with anyone.

I use the above game as a test game because it loads very quickly, being early and having probably 30 total units and 10 cities for all players combined. ;)

Ask and ye shall receive! Though it took some wrangling and a serious rewriting of much of SevoPediaMain.py's drawing code, I have added in fitchn's Civilopedia Index for Sevopedia.

Spoiler Screenshot :
Everything is indexed except Hints, Shortcuts, and Strategy Articles. I will do the SAs when I get a breather, but the others don't make sense.

A further enhancement I'd like to make is to have the sorting work like in a phone book, where you read down a column until the end and continue at the top of the next column. I think that will be easier to scan for entries.

Ask and ye shall receive! Though it took some wrangling and a serious rewriting of much of SevoPediaMain.py's drawing code, I have added in fitchn's Civilopedia Index for Sevopedia.
Too many icons.
Spoiler :
you know I'm joking - good job.

Note: The following feature isn't in SVN yet (still working on related items), but it's working and should be committed shortly (this weekend?).​

I have modified the Peace Treaty, Open Borders and Defensive Pact icons in Advanced Scoreboard by adding functioning hovers to them. If they cannot be canceled (10 turn waiting period), you are told how many turns you must wait. Otherwise, clicking it will ask you if you want to cancel the deal.

Be careful, as the popup (out of my control) doesn't say which deal you'll be canceling.

Trade Deal Hovers in Scoreboard

Warning: If you were dumb enough to include other items in the same trade (e.g. gold per turn or resources), those will be canceled at the same time. This is a game and player lunacy issue and has nothing to do with BUG. The same thing happens if you use the Diplomacy screen or Foreign Advisor.

I got so completely sick of opening the EFA just to find out how many turns I had to wait before I could open another can of whoop-ass. :D

I have finally added two dropdown lists so you can select the way in which units are grouped on the Military Advisor's Deployment tab.

Grouping Dropdown Lists

There are currently five grouping methods.

• Unit Type
  • Combat Type
  • Level
  • Promotion
The default is by Location and Type (soon to be configurable in options screen). Here are some examples showing various combinations.

Spoiler :
Location and Unit Type

Combat Type and Unit Type

Unit Type and Level

Unit Type and Promotion

Top Bottom