[BXP] BAT Xtras Packs - Modpacks for BAT 3.0 and above

Very cool. I downloaded and started a fresh game, but I don't know if I got it right. I followed link for the BAT download from SF, got it all done and set up, but I'm not sure if I got the "extra's" part of this thing. Was looking for the Australian Civ specifically mentioned here but I'm not seeing it anywhere. Are the "extra" portions needed to be loaded seperately or something? Maybe I'm missing that part. I can download and install the mods w/o any real big questions, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be loading the other content differently.

Thanks for guiding me. Your entire team has made this game the greatest of all time for playability purposes, and I'm eternally grateful to all of you for the hard work you all put into it.

Very cool. I downloaded and started a fresh game, but I don't know if I got it right. I followed link for the BAT download from SF, got it all done and set up, but I'm not sure if I got the "extra's" part of this thing. Was looking for the Australian Civ specifically mentioned here but I'm not seeing it anywhere. Are the "extra" portions needed to be loaded seperately or something? Maybe I'm missing that part. I can download and install the mods w/o any real big questions, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be loading the other content differently.

Thanks for guiding me. Your entire team has made this game the greatest of all time for playability purposes, and I'm eternally grateful to all of you for the hard work you all put into it.

The links for the extra content you are looking for can be found in the first post in this thread, below the spoiler. Download the Civilizations and if you want the additional modern units, download the MEE (Modern Era Expansion) support as well.

Lemon, now that I think of it, one could get the impression that you seem to try to hide your work. ;)

The links for the extra content you are looking for can be found in the first post in this thread, below the spoiler. Download the Civilizations and if you want the additional modern units, download the MEE (Modern Era Expansion) support as well.

Lemon, now that I think of it, one could get the impression that you seem to try to hide your work. ;)

Sweet. Many thanks Buford. I figured it out, I was looking at the SF site wrong and just missed the extra content the first time around. Gonna install now, are these all pretty much free standing (other than the Civs) or do the Apps. need to be loaded in a certain order? I'll try digging through this thread to make sure, but I'm assuming this all just gets loaded into the BAT folders.

Awesome stuff, thanks to Lemon, and the many, many other Modders and testers that make it possible for a caveman to play!

Sweet. Many thanks Buford. I figured it out, I was looking at the SF site wrong and just missed the extra content the first time around. Gonna install now, are these all pretty much free standing (other than the Civs) or do the Apps. need to be loaded in a certain order? I'll try digging through this thread to make sure, but I'm assuming this all just gets loaded into the BAT folders.

Awesome stuff, thanks to Lemon, and the many, many other Modders and testers that make it possible for a caveman to play!
Firstly, thank you for the nice words. :)

The extra civ packs will install to the right spot for BAT to use, there isn't anything that you need to do beyond checking off the MEE box if you want the civ pack to support it. You must have the MEE pack installed first if you want your extra civ to install with it properly.

You must have the MEE pack installed first if you want your extra civ to install with it properly.
say what? Are you saying that I have to install the MEE pack and then the extra civs (with MEE checked) for it to work?

What happens if I install the civs (with MEE checked) and then install the MEE pack?

How do I tell if I have it installed it in the wrong order?

say what? Are you saying that I have to install the MEE pack and then the extra civs (with MEE checked) for it to work?

What happens if I install the civs (with MEE checked) and then install the MEE pack?

How do I tell if I have it installed it in the wrong order?
I just said it that way to keep people from forgetting and then getting confused. It really doesn't matter what order you do it in. (Shhh.)

OK, I'm sure there's an easy answer to this problem that I'm just not seeing.

I started with the first post of this thread, and went through the process of downloading the Hungary and Polynesian Civs in the Spoiler link. I then found out that I could get everything from the SF site that Lemon linked to so I went there and downloaded the MEE Pak, LeaderHeader, Italy, Poland, and Australia. Installed everything (including the two through Atomic Gamer), all is good in the world. I run BAT, and I've got everything loaded up except Hungary and Polynesia. I tried to re-run them and I get a mssg. that they are already installed, but their not showing up. Am I missing them somewhere or do I need to have the VD program that is referenced on their download pages maybe? Sorry for all the confusion, I'm sure I'll get better at how to figure all this stuff out someday.

EDIT: Problem Solved. I went back to the SF page and downloaded the Hungary and Poly files from there installed them, and they are showing up fine. Not sure why the other files don't show though. Should I install the VD stuff, or do I need to even worry about it.

No. You don't need any of the VD components unless you want to play BTS with VD itself. It's a good mod, but BAT includes all of it, so...

BTW, anything for BAT will only be hosted at SourceForge, and nowhere else. I'll edit the instructions to make that more clear. I provided those links only so that prospective users of the BXP packs could see in advance what they will be getting. There is no need to download any of those items in the spoiler.

Sweet. Thanks Lemon, I'm sure that should have been obvious, but your helping out a non-tech savy gomer is greatly appreciated!

I believe between BAT and PIG I should have more than enough to keep me happy until 2012, and if I'm lucky by then they will have Civ V patched up and ready to play!

I can't thank this team enough for this mod and now these modpacks! Without a doubt my favorite way to play my favorite game. I especially love the new wonder movies Lemon Merchant. Nice touch.

I can't thank this team enough for this mod and now these modpacks! Without a doubt my favorite way to play my favorite game. I especially love the new wonder movies Lemon Merchant. Nice touch.
Thank you. We're happy that you're enjoying it. :)

Minor Annoyance but not sure if it can be changed. When I open a City screen the top 3 tiles (northern part of BFC) is partially cut off. It allows me to move things around and everything, but you can only see 1/2 of the tile. I can obviously still figure out what the yield is, but it's a little annoying at this point. Is there anyway to fix it? I'm running Blue Marble, which may be the issue, but I'm not sure.

Happy Holidays to all, and a big Salute to our troops out in harms way.

That is caused by the screen zoom (slider on the top right). The default setting is 42 but if you have it higher (shows much more than BFC) or lower (shows less than BFC) and you only have 1 city, then you run into the problem you mentioned. It is also an issue for the first city you open when you have more than 1 city. It is fixed by hitting the left / right arrows - effectively looping to the next city and then back again.

We've tried to fix it for the first city, but cannot.

Cool. I will make note and adjust accordingly.

So... how is the Better AI merge coming along? Any news? I'm really looking forward to playing BAT 3, the new stuff sounds fantastic... but not without Better AI.

Cheers and keep it up! :)

There was a bit of a hiccup with something in BetterBUGAI that Fuyu corrected. I've been a bit busy in r/l lately, but I'm hoping to finish things up during the Christmas break, and release shortly after Christmas. Much sooner, if I can find the time.

I'm as eager as you are. :D

That is caused by the screen zoom (slider on the top right). The default setting is 42 but if you have it higher (shows much more than BFC) or lower (shows less than BFC) and you only have 1 city, then you run into the problem you mentioned. It is also an issue for the first city you open when you have more than 1 city. It is fixed by hitting the left / right arrows - effectively looping to the next city and then back again.

We've tried to fix it for the first city, but cannot.

Thanks ruff_hi
I changed the field of view slider to 50 (default is 42) and it fits everything in perfectly. Hope you and the team enjoyed your holidays.

Is there a way, after having dl'ed and installed the modpacks, to NOT have them available in a game? Sometimes, I want to play a game with only the original leaders and sometimes I don't. Thanks for any help.

Is there a way, after having dl'ed and installed the modpacks, to NOT have them available in a game? Sometimes, I want to play a game with only the original leaders and sometimes I don't. Thanks for any help.
See post #34 and prior.

Top Bottom