[BXP] BAT Xtras Packs - Modpacks for BAT 3.0 and above

Is there a way, after having dl'ed and installed the modpacks, to NOT have them available in a game? Sometimes, I want to play a game with only the original leaders and sometimes I don't. Thanks for any help.
Hi Norvin.

The solution that Ruff posted is probably the best for now. I would like to find a way to make them be an option, but my modding time is almost zero atm. It would be nice to be able to switch them out easily. I'll put it on my "to figure out" list. :)

Thanks ruff and Lemon for the response. When I read ruff's response I actually had one of those "duh" moments as that's something I already know. It just didn't occur to me. Thanks for all the hard work on this super mod!

When I read ruff's response I actually had one of those "duh" moments as that's something I already know. It just didn't occur to me.
Don't worry. I have at least one of those every day. :lol:

And we're glad you're enjoying the mod. :)

Very nice work, My Favorite Lemon Person. :goodjob:

Now, as for the Enya....:p*

* Sorry, hadn't noticed you'd moved on to STP. My bad.

Since I'm checking this thread nearly every day to see whether the Better AI merge is out (note the thinly veiled impatience ;)), I thought I might as well say hello and wish you all a :xmassign: and a soon-to-be :newyear:!

Congrats Lemon! Have a long and wonderful marriage. :)

Hello from Germany ! My Friend and I have played Civ 4 (german) with BAT mod since the early 2.0 versions. We love the mod and never want to play without it. Thanks for this great work.
Now I find the stuff from the BXP and I tried it out with some problems.

LeaderHead pack : graphics are shown correctly, but the most of the leadernames
and the civnames of the packleaders aren't shown in the
pregame menu or ingame
additional civs : only hungary, polenesia and australia are working well, poland
doesn't. The same problem as the leaderhead pack names. polish
civname and polish leadernames aren't shown.
an additional problem with poland installed is, the civnames and
leadernames of hungary, australia
and polenesia are missing too. If i delete poland, all names of the
other three civs are there again.

Maybe some entries in XML are missing for the german Version?

I'm running civ 4 with BTS 3.19, BAT mod 3.01.

Hello from Germany ! My Friend and I have played Civ 4 (german) with BAT mod since the early 2.0 versions. We love the mod and never want to play without it. Thanks for this great work.
Now I find the stuff from the BXP and I tried it out with some problems.

LeaderHead pack : graphics are shown correctly, but the most of the leadernames
and the civnames of the packleaders aren't shown in the
pregame menu or ingame
additional civs : only hungary, polenesia and australia are working well, poland
doesn't. The same problem as the leaderhead pack names. polish
civname and polish leadernames aren't shown.
an additional problem with poland installed is, the civnames and
leadernames of hungary, australia
and polenesia are missing too. If i delete poland, all names of the
other three civs are there again.

Maybe some entries in XML are missing for the german Version?

I'm running civ 4 with BTS 3.19, BAT mod 3.01.
Hello from Canada! :D

I'm very happy that you are enjoying BAT, but unfortunately, the problem stems from the fact that some, or all of the expansion pack modules don't implement all of the languages. :(

It isn't something that I can easily correct, as I only speak English and Irish, and sometimes neither of those very well. :lol:

If someone is willing to do any translation for the packs, I will gladly add it to future releases as I am able, but for now I must disappoint. I'm very sorry about that.

=====================

@Jester and Brian:

Thanks for the well wishes! And Brian... There's nothing to be jealous about. You've never seen me in the morning. :p

:lol:

Hello Lemon Merchant.
Thank you for the answer. So we here don't need german versions of the packs. Is it possible to activate the english text for german in the mods like in the australia pack? There the english texts are shown in the german version. Our biggest problem in the pregame menu -where you can chose the nations- is, nothing is displayed an we must guess which blank option is the one we want.

Hello Lemon Merchant.
Thank you for the answer. So we here don't need german versions of the packs. Is it possible to activate the english text for german in the mods like in the australia pack? There the english texts are shown in the german version. Our biggest problem in the pregame menu -where you can chose the nations- is, nothing is displayed an we must guess which blank option is the one we want.
That might be something I can fix. I'll see what I can do. :)

Thank you for that. :) I can try to translate some of the texts into german. I just need to know which files I have to open. Ideally after you have fixed the english text for german. At this time I would give australia a try.

Hi,

I'm from Germany too and we had the same problems. I fixed all the XML files, so you can use german, french, spanish! The problem was missing tags in some xml files. But I don't translated all the stuff. I only copied the english version to the missing tags. But it works and you can play the mod in german too! It took me about 4h.

Copy the Assets folder from the attached zip file to the right place. Check if all names and leaders are shown ingame. If yes, the fix works.

Cheers
Sir Pustekuchen

@Lemon Merchant
Maybe you can use it in your standard, so everybody can play it in other languages too.

Attachments

• Assets.zip
    119.7 KB · Views: 182
Very nice. I'll try it out and let you know. Have you fixed the additional nations and the leaderheadpack?

@Sir Pustekuchen

I've tested it and it works. :) So everything is there. Thank you very much ! :goodjob:

Quick announcement:

For those waiting for the BetterAI BAT merge, I have a preliminary build completed and I will be testing it when I return home from my little holiday. I did give it to my beta tester friend, so we'll see what kind of a mess I've made when I get back. :lol:

Sláinte.

-LM

Quick announcement:

For those waiting for the BetterAI BAT merge, I have a preliminary build completed and I will be testing it when I return home from my little holiday. I did give it to my beta tester friend, so we'll see what kind of a mess I've made when I get back. :lol:

Sláinte.

-LM

You are forbidden from posting on the forums, and thinking of BAT/BUG/WHATEVER, whilst on your honeymoon with the fair Andie. Priorities, Woman. So there. :p

Quick announcement:

Sláinte.

-LM

Yay!

And don't listen to bestbrian. ;)

Top Bottom