BULL not working correctly in my new build

blitzkrieg1980

Octobrist
In my new build, I am able to run and play games (BTS 3.19) with BUG, BULL, and BlueMarble installed. BlueMarble works fine, BUG mod (Single Player installation) works fine, but there are problems with the BULL DLL.

The BULL options are appearing just fine in the CTRL+ALT+O menu. The tool tips are also coming up. However, the tooltips show missing XML texts (such as TXT_LEADERHEAD_INFOS) and the graphics for the combat chances are all showing huge purple bars instead of green/red (which signifies missing art assets). I have installed the BULL files as described in the readme (and as I have already done several times in the past with my old build).

It is obvious that the game is not looking at the Documents\My Games\Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets folder. It seems to be bypassing them (since that is where the Text and Art assets are held). Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to force Civ4 to look at the CustomAssets folder first (like in a .ini file)?

SOLVED

I don't know how or why but I was, apparently, copying the CustomAssets to the wrong directory. I never put them in the My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Beyond The Sword\Custom Assets folder. For some reason, I was putting them in My Documents\My Games\Custom Assets folder. I really did check a couple of times last night but I must've been totally over-tired at 2am.

Oh well, if you are experiencing this problem, triple and quadruple check that you put the assets from the BULL zip into the correct Custom Assets folder!

Top Bottom