[BTS][Graphic Mod] King Kong's Flags & Colours Mod [based on Bad Ronald's Mod]

KingKongTR

Chieftain
King Kong's Flags & Colours Mod

KingKongs Flaggenmod.JPG KingKongs Flaggenmod Civilopädia.JPG

Hey, greetings from Germany.

I am King Kong :king: and a big fan of Bad Ronald's Flags and Colours modification. I was always unhappy about the fact that there is no version for BTS. So I have tried it myself and have given my best one. I am quite contented with the result.
And because you should have also a little bit of it I put it here to the download.

The installation is very easy. You can use it for vanilla BTS v3.13 and for Varietas Delectat v3.5.

Installation:
vanilla BTS v3.13:
Copy the KingKong's Mod folder in the Mod list of BTS. That's it.

Varietas Delectat v3.5:
Copy the Assets folder from the KingKong's Mod in the Mod folder of Varietas Delectat v3.5. As a security make a copy of the Varietas Delectat folder before. However, everything should function.

The Mod contain possibly modern looking flags like you can see. Sometimes I have kept the original flags because I like them.

I would like to send big thanks to Bad Ronald and Avain. Their preliminary work with their mods have only allowed to me this nice arrangement. :goodjob:

I wish you all a lot of pleasure with my King Kong's Flags & Colours Mod.

And now I will play to the sun rises. :crazyeye:

Tschüss und einen schönen Tag!

-------------------------------------------------
King Kong's Flags & Buttons

Hey
I have made some additional flags & Buttons: ;)

Fantasy Germany, Canada, USSR, European Union, Mexico, Brazil, Imperial Germany, Norway, South Afrika, Poland, Switzerland

To insert the flags you have to rename and to copy them into the following folder:
KingKong's Flag and Colour Mod\Assets\Art\Interface\TeamColor

To insert the buttons you must open the following files with a DDS Converter:
KingKong's Flag and Colour Mod\Assets\Art\Interface\Buttons\Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds
KingKong's Flag and Colour Mod\Assets\Art\Interface\Buttons\civics_civilizations_religions_atlas.dds
KingKong's Flag and Colour Mod\Assets\Art\Interface\Buttons\Warlords_Atlas_2.dds

In one of these files you will find the button to be changed. You have to change this then by copy and paste. Then you have to save the new dds file.

KingKongsFlaggen I.JPG

Attachments

• KingKong's Flag and Colour Mod.rar
    670.2 KB · Views: 867
  • King Kongs Flags & Buttons I.rar
    87.4 KB · Views: 439
Thank you very much to everyone involved in creating this MOD.

Your time and efforts are GREATLY appreciated!

Now I have to go Nuke my wife :mischief: (we play multiplayer against each other!)

Looks good, but the stars in the U.S. flag canton always look off-center when the modern-era flag staff is used. I've noticed this to be true regardless of whether 13 stars are used or 50 stars.

Perhaps the stars should be removed altogether?

Thank you for the work. I've been hoping someone would get this working w/ BTS and the fact that it works w/ Varietas 3.5 is a huge bonus!

Now I have to go nuke my wife :nuke:(she'll interfere with my ability to play the game).-sorry for stealing the line Jim7699...

Looks good, but the stars in the U.S. flag canton always look off-center when the modern-era flag staff is used. I've noticed this to be true regardless of whether 13 stars are used or 50 stars.

Perhaps the stars should be removed altogether?

This has also disturbed me. So I have reworked the American flag.

Many thanks for the friendly comments and a lot of fun with nuking your wifes. :nuke: :lol:

Attachments

• American Flag.JPG
    American Flag.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 347
Thanks, Looks interesting.

Can anyone tell me how to change out the new flags (king kong just created) for the ones in his first post? I like the new German flag more than the real one. Thanks All! (PS I think my wife has finally forgiven me this morning for the Nuclear Barrage I sent her way). :crazyeye:

Hello,I just loved your flags, they are gorgeous!
I've looked everywhere in CIV4, unpacked the right documents with PakBuild, but could not find the german Flag. Could you please teach me how can I definetely change your flags in BTS, so I can play it together with other mods?I want to change German color but in a way to combine with the flag color.Thanks, sorry to bother you

For some reason I only seem to get half the civs changed. I get the vikings, babylon and a few others. I don't get any other civilisations.

Okay, I think I understand what the issue is. If I load the mod and then load a map that I have made, the above problem occurs.

However, when I play a random map that I've not created, there is no problem.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Okay, I think I understand what the issue is. If I load the mod and then load a map that I have made, the above problem occurs.

However, when I play a random map that I've not created, there is no problem.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks
Mods (and scenarios/maps) usually have their own CivArt files... which is where the flags are stored. To use a custom flag, you'll have to ensure both the mod you use has the flags and/or that a custom map/scenario is setup for the flags.

For instance, my Wolfshanze Mod uses custom flags... but if I use an Earth Scenario map, the custom flags won't be the same as those in my mod, unless I also change the flag settings in the earth map.

Thank you for your fast reply. :)

If you don't mind, how would I go about doing that? I opened the map up in notebook and added the mod source in the begingame/endgame part, but that didn't work. Is there something else I must do?

Thanks.

Thank you for your fast reply. :)

If you don't mind, how would I go about doing that? I opened the map up in notebook and added the mod source in the begingame/endgame part, but that didn't work. Is there something else I must do?

Thanks.
This is what you're looking for if you open a saved map in notepad:

Code:
BeginPlayer
	Team=0
	LeaderType=LEADER_LINCOLN
	LeaderName=Lincoln
	CivDesc=American Empire
	CivShortDesc=America
	CivAdjective=American
	[B]FlagDecal=Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_BetsyRoss.dds[/B]
	WhiteFlag=1
	CivType=CIVILIZATION_AMERICA
	Color=PLAYERCOLOR_BLUE
	ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN
	PlayableCiv=1
	MinorNationStatus=0
	StartingGold=0
	StartingX=28, StartingY=45
	StateReligion=
	StartingEra=ERA_ANCIENT
	RandomStartLocation=false
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_DESPOTISM
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LEGAL, Civic=CIVIC_BARBARISM
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LABOR, Civic=CIVIC_TRIBALISM
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY, Civic=CIVIC_DECENTRALIZATION
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_RELIGION, Civic=CIVIC_PAGANISM
	Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

The boldened line is what needs to be pointing to the right file/folder where your custom flag is. You may or may not also need to change the "WhiteFlag" from 0 to 1 depending on if it's a see through flag or a custom colored flag.

I really like those flags, and I think I will start using them aswell. However, don't like the Babylonian Flag really. Difficult, since there is no historical refference. I do want a different flag than the Standard Civ flag, so I made a very first attempt in designing a flag. First try doesn't look all that bad.

I used Babylon's Ishtar Gate as a basis for this design. I kinda like it (after I made this image I made the golden bar in the bottom a little broader so it matches up with the second golden bar)

Like it?

Download here

Attachments

• babylon.jpg
    babylon.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 280
Top Bottom