Quick Questions and Answers

Only the ones started by the great person. First one is 7 turns, second is 6, and so on. Also it can't drop below 3.

Questions :

- From the tech tree, how can you tell if a building is a wonder or just normal?

- I had the tech for Musket, but I was not able to upgrade my archer to it. I upgraded it to crossbowman, but even then can't upgrade to Musket or anything else...

I guess you can't see the difference, other than that the wonder is typically the name of a real world construction and the buildings are more generic.

Crossbowmen can be upgraded to Riflemen a little later, though all their ranged promotions lose their use. It's a feature ;)

hot seat game isnt in civ5?

I hear it'll be available in a future patch.

Hello, i'm new to the series , in all the screenshots i saw here on the forum, in the top of the screen there is black bar that shows various information, like the year, turn by how much some resources are growing, in my game i don't have that bar, tried searching for in the options but no success, how do i enable it?

Hey guys just wondering is there anyway to have the animations of movement and combat play out in full in multiplayer. when mate and I play all it does is teleports from tile to tile and combat is instant no animation at all

please help.

Hey guys just wondering is there anyway to have the animations of movement and combat play out in full in multiplayer. when mate and I play all it does is teleports from tile to tile and combat is instant no animation at all

please help.

That sounds very odd. Can you give a screenshot of what it looks like?

Hello, i'm new to the series , in all the screenshots i saw here on the forum, in the top of the screen there is black bar that shows various information, like the year, turn by how much some resources are growing, in my game i don't have that bar, tried searching for in the options but no success, how do i enable it?

I'm no multiplayer, but I believe it's off by default to cut down turn length. I know for singleplayer it can be set in the ini file, not sure how that works in multiplayer.

I'm no multiplayer, but I believe it's off by default to cut down turn length. I know for singleplayer it can be set in the ini file, not sure how that works in multiplayer.

I want it for single player which ini file should i edit to reflect the changes?

Documents\my games\sid's civ 5\config.ini
Change the 0 at "QuickCombat = 0" to 1

I haven't tried it myself though.

Do I get the wonder effect of the city I conquer and annex?

EDIT: Also, can the B2 bombarder regenerate health (fortify until heal, or some other way)?

If I built a city surrounded by mountains and I build mines is it shared with all other cities, if not, is it then a great city for unit-production?

Can you stack a land unit and naval unit in the same city? (if not the AI was cheating)

Sorry I didnt have the time to check by building a unit.

Do I get the wonder effect of the city I conquer and annex?

EDIT: Also, can the B2 bombarder regenerate health (fortify until heal, or some other way)?

Yes, annexed wonders give you the benefits.

Air units can heal like other military units, I believe.

If I built a city surrounded by mountains and I build mines is it shared with all other cities, if not, is it then a great city for unit-production?

You mean surrounded by hills? Hills are good for production, but remember also needs food to support a population and grow.

- What are the pro's and con's of Fast, standaard, epic and marathon gamespeed?
- And what about the food resource option? like Sparse, legendary start etc?

Does a city need to be on the coast to fish? Is it just the cultural border and that I can have another city make the workboat? Cheers

Does a city need to be on the coast to fish? Is it just the cultural border and that I can have another city make the workboat? Cheers

A city which is not on the coast, but can work water tiles work just fine. You can have a workboat improves the sea resources and the yield from the tile will improve. You're basically only missing out on the coast specific buildings such as the lighthouse.

Top Bottom