Great people associated with techs?

Reds4ever

Chieftain
What is the nature of these associations? I know you get a Great Person with Monarchy and Invention but all the GPs have techs associated with them, how does this work?

Okay, after looking at that, I'm even more confused than I was before. Does anyone know what the associated tech means for a great person? I don't understand the relationship. :confused:

I think it means if you've researched that tech, you have a good chance of getting that great person when you have enough culture to eventually spawn one.

I dont think the asociated tech has anything to do with the great person in game but i think it represents what the great person discovered or what the great person used to become great.

I dont think the asociated tech has anything to do with the great person in game but i think it represents what the great person discovered or what the great person used to become great.

That could be it. I think I've gotten great leaders without researching monarchy and iron working yet so I don't think researching the tech is a prerequisite for getting that type of leader, but I could be wrong. I think it might be unrelated to the tech in game.

Some of the connections are a bit tenuous, Tippu Sultan = Spaceflight??

Some of the connections are a bit tenuous, Tippu Sultan = Spaceflight??

Haha I thought the same thing at first too, but I read this on Wiki so I bet that's where the connection is from:

A military tactic developed by Tippu Sultan and his father, Haidar Ali was the use of mass attacks with rocket brigades on infantry formations. Tippu Sultan wrote a military manual called Fathul Mujahidin in which 200 rocket men were prescribed to each Mysorean "cushoon" (brigade). Mysore had 16 to 24 cushoons of infantry. The areas of town where rockets and fireworks were manufactured were known as Taramandal Pet ("Galaxy Market").

The chance of getting any one great person is equal that the beginning of the game (1/46 i think) but if you research tehe"associated tech" for a great person, the chance that when you get a great person, that one will appear is increased.

Pretty simple actually, it just gives you an increased chance of generating a time-relevant great person.

I can can semi-confim that. I was going for the all-great-person achievements and just fast-completing beta-centauri games didnt get me the last two (I noticed I got the same 20-25 GP's all the time)

Both of the the GP I was missing were linked to Ancient era techs and by playing a game where I focused only on the techs linked to the GP's did I manage to get them. Its not a sure thing, but it ups the chance of getting the right GP.

Top Bottom