Duplicate Maps

Kikimalaka

Chieftain
Has anyone else noticed that maps are repeating? I have played at least a couple games on the same map. Different starting position, but the same layout.

Can't remember seeing the same map twice in dozens of single player games.

Their are only a limited number of maps that they have. There's just so many that randomness in which you play them seems as though they are randomly generated. But yet this was an innocent lie, but a lie still at that.

I was playing yesterday and my son said, "Hey, that is the same map I am playing!" He was playing Chieftain, I was playing King, and we were different cultures.

Their are only a limited number of maps that they have. There's just so many that randomness in which you play them seems as though they are randomly generated. But yet this was an innocent lie, but a lie still at that.

I think it's more likely that the way the map generator works is that it is possible for it to generate the same terrain from different random seeds. It would be a ridiculous amount of work for Firaxis to come up with a couple hundred maps and hard code them into the game.

I had already played the map that was in the game of the week some time ago. As Kiki had observed the start locations, civilizations, and resources were not in the same places though.

Top Bottom