But is it fun to watch?

thelibra

Future World Dictator
I love Civ. Been playing it since Civ I, in all its wonderful forms, but admittedly it's not much fun for the non-Civ player to watch. The wife usually likes to watch me play the 360 games if they're interesting, though she doesn't play them herself.

So, not having seen it yet, is CivRev fun to watch?

I wouldn't watch someone else play a game unless I was watching to learn/examine their strategy.

It's all turn based so there's not really any exciting, fast pace action like there might be in a shooter or something.

My wife thought that paint drying was more exciting than watching my Civ:Rev game. She usually watches whatever 360 game I'm playing for a little while, but she said that she'd rather watch the grass grow for bigger thrills. ;)

My hubby watched me a play a bit. He knows I've been a fan since Civ I but has never even attempted to play it.

However, now he's playing Civ Rev!

I got sucked in watching my husband playing the demo. I kept offering suggestions. So now we play the game together. We talk about everything, but I micromanage the tech tree, keep track of the gold/science balance, feed him information about other civs, units, wonders, etc. and prod him to upgrade defenses. He happily handles all the battles, movements, manages tiles and territory, allocates resources, and explores with ships. He does the button work while I do my thing from my snack table/war room. So yeah, I find the game pretty fun to watch.

I think your either gonna like it or hate it. If you dont understand all the little Intricacies of the game you will probly hate it.

Some of my friends arent the brightest crayon in the box so with everything that is going on they would rather just play a First Person Shooter or Ninja Gay-den. ( Cant believe people play that game... zomg worst game ever.)

I got sucked in watching my husband playing the demo. I kept offering suggestions. So now we play the game together. We talk about everything, but I micromanage the tech tree, keep track of the gold/science balance, feed him information about other civs, units, wonders, etc. and prod him to upgrade defenses. He happily handles all the battles, movements, manages tiles and territory, allocates resources, and explores with ships. He does the button work while I do my thing from my snack table/war room. So yeah, I find the game pretty fun to watch.

you just hit one of the things I dont do enough of...manage the tech tree, I just end up with everything...probably not the best strategy.

I think if I had to watch I'd be putting in my $0.02 enough that it would get annoying, but my wife leaves the ps3 alone so...I dont have that problem. (interestingly enough though, she will watch me play Tiger Woods and I cant imagine anything much worse as a spectator game than that.)

Amazingly enough, my friends will sit for hours straight watching me play Civ Rev (but they are drinking beer).

I'll watch someone else played if I'm too tired.

Will you marry me??? :crazyeye: Or at least explain to my girlfriend that it CAN be interesting to watch/participate?? One lucky hubby! :goodjob:

CivRev is great to watch. I discuss strategies & give advise freely. Then we argue.

Watching is almost as much fun as playing.

Will you marry me??? :crazyeye: Or at least explain to my girlfriend that it CAN be interesting to watch/participate?? One lucky hubby! :goodjob:

First he downloaded the demo and had me check it out with him. It was so darn fun we ran down to the store the next day to pre-order it. The demo is a good intro to the game because it's short but still surprisingly complete. "Oh, look over there! Oh, what's that?" And the winner for many gals, "Oh, HORSES!!!"

CivRev is great to watch. I discuss strategies & give advise freely. Then we argue.

Watching is almost as much fun as playing.

I agree. It's a game someone who doesn't like to button-mash (like me) can take part in with a partner. So I think it makes a good couples game. I'm forever saying things like, "The darn Japanese have galleons now so we better defend Bagadonuts! I don't care if it is an island, it needs more than one archer!" Nagging now takes on entirely new dimensions. :D

Top Bottom