1000 Clues You're Anticipating Civ5 Too Much

279: After buying the aforementioned iMac, you wonder why you did that seeing as CiV will come out earlier on PC, and subsequently buy a new PC, and thus have 2 computers, which get you thinking: Well, now I can play against myself over the internet when CiV comes out."

281. Seeing as you have two computers, you set up an in-house network and invite your best friend over to play face-to-face.

282. You start to wondering if maybe Civ6 could be done in Java or something similar, since that's evidently not how CiV was done.

284. You decide to go back and play through Civs 1 through 4 to get yourself back up to speed with the story before CiV comes out.

285. You feel a sharp pain in your head and black out, only to discover upon waking that you have been put in charge of founding an agnostic civilization, which can never trade technology and won't ever have to deal with military overcrowding, that will stand the test of time!

283. Inspired by a certain episode of South Park, you frantically build a time machine so you can put yourself several months into the future to when Civ V comes out.

:D

286. Also inspired by South Park, you decide to allow yourself to go into a state of hypothermia so that when you wake up in several months, the game is waiting for you.

287. You start pestering the people who made great mods for cIV if they will port their mod for ciV.

288. You get banned fro civfanatics for pestering the moderators if they have been given copies of ciV for playtesting.

289. You wonder if the concept of 1 unit per hex comes from bees in their honeycomb...

290. You shake the dust off of the original civilization to relive the time you beat the battleship with a single phalanx... to be ready for the next generation of combat. :D

291. You have been told the rapture is imminent and pray to God that he will delay it at least until after a few games of ciV.

292. You discover you have cancer and only two months to live so you go to every healing quack you can find to at least delay the inevitable for a little while - just enough time to play a few games of ciV.

293. You delay your fall 2010 wedding for a year because the last thing you want to be doing is wasting time on some annoying honeymoon when you could be playing ciV.

294. as a consequence of 293., you drop wedding altogether, when you find out she's not THAT civfanatic at all...

295. In order to facilitate more efficient time management in anticipation of upcoming ciV, you fatally poison your immediate family, and also your pets.

296. You also fatally poison your suspcious inlaws, who are asking far too many questions, in particular, why were you too busy to attend the funeral of aformentioned immediate family members, which of course is because you were too distracted thinking about upcoming ciV game and what some of the features might be.

297. You quickly marry a rich old bat who is dying, when you realise you may not have enough money to upgrade to the computer specs necessary to run eagerly-awaited ciV game.

298. You listen to "Imagine" by John Lennon over and over again in order brainwash yourself into getting use to a CiV gaming world of "no religion too".

299) you sit on the civ5 forums and think of witty things to say

300. You've begin to build a new house with hexagonal rooms

282. You start to wondering if maybe Civ6 could be done in Java or something similar, since that's evidently not how CiV was done.

301) you point out that C++ is very similar to Java, so I'm confused :confused:

302: You decide to stop lurkiing the civFanatics forums and actually create an account so you can talk about how exited you are

Enlightenment!

I that Java works on both Mac, unix and windows, allowing spontanius releaces???

Java is portable, but at a cost of execution being slightly slower than C++. In a small program you'd be hard-pressed to see the difference, but in a game it could be quite evident. Plus it doesn't support DirectX, only OpenGL.

302: You decide to stop lurkiing the civFanatics forums and actually create an account so you can talk about how exited you are

Welcome to CivFanatics! :band:

303. You get amuzed when yous realize that we reached 300 clues in 15 days
304. You calculate the amount of clues that will be generated by 1 sept 2010
305. You wander why this post isn't titled 3300 clues you're anticipating ciV too much

306) You hire a detective to stalk Sid Meier's every move, and to report back to you any indication of something new about ciV.

307) You have a bug planted at the Firaxis offices, in order to hear very conversation about ciV.

308) You have a bug planted on Sid Meier, to monitor every conversation he has, and even hope he thinks out loud, so you can grab every new snippet of information re ciV, even when he is on the loo.

309) You have a bug planted on Sid Meier's cat, just in case he finds the bug on himself.

310) You hack into the Firaxis office network, to monitor every beta test of ciV.

311) You dig a tunnel into the Firaxis office (maybe even from another city or country), and spy on all activity from the hidden entrance you have built. You also then have access to the office at night when everyone is gone.

312) You plan to have an affair with Sid Meier's wife, just so you can squeeze out new juicy pieces of information re ciV during pillow talk.

313) You delay going niteclubbing just so you can make up more of these silly clues.

307) You are considering deferring college till spring term so you can play ciV in the fall.

307) You are considering deferring college till spring term so you can play ciV in the fall.

I like it - although as I'm entering 4th year of my degree when CivV comes out...

315. You consider basing your Computer Science Senior Honour's project next year around CivV and wonder how you can convince/bribe your supervisor...

Edit: I might actually see what they have to say about that, for kicks if for nothing else. I'm sure there's some serious programming opportunity there though.

316) When you see Java mentioned in this thread, your first thought is: "They've included Java as a civilization? Which leader?"

Top Bottom