10 New City States?

Menzies

Menzies
Whilst in recent months it had become apparent that they had added new city states, it wasn't until now with most of them now seen that it was clear how many had been added, and what exactly had been done. After today's featurette we have a clear picture of the city states, and very few remain unseen. As this stand, these are the city states by type:

Maritime:
Cape Town - Light Orange
Quebec City - Blue
Ragusa - Middle Cyan
Sydney - Middle Blue
Ormus - Grey: Replacement for Jakarta
Panama City - Light Yellow: Replacement for Rio de Janeiro
Riga - Cyan: Replacement for Venice
Ur - Light Purple: New Addition
Byblos - Middle Purple: New Addition

We still expect to see:
Manila - Light Green
Mombasa - Green
Lisbon Replacement - Purple

Cultured:
Monaco - Purple
Yerevan - Peach
Prague - Blue
Milan - Light Orange
Kuala Lumpur - Yellow
Bratislava - White: Replacement for Warsaw
Kabul - Green: New Addition
Kyzyl - Middle Cyan: New Addition
Kiev - Middle Blue: New Addition
Buenos Aires - Light Purple: Addition

Whilst we still expect to see:
Florence - Cyan
Brussels - Light Blue
Bucharest - Light Green

It's also worth noting that Kathmandu changed to religious whilst keeping it's colours, and due to the larger number of cultural additions, it would seem likely that one of those remaining 3 above would change type as well to religious, but this will be discussed in more detail later. For this reason Brussels, which has been seen, is included here as it's type was never seen.

Mercantile:
Cahokia - White
Genoa - Middle Cyan
Hong Kong - Blue
Tyre - Green
Zanzibar - Light Blue
Antwerp - Purple
Colombo - Light Purple
Singapore - Light Yellow
Zurich - Grey
Samarkand - Middle Blue: New Addition
Malacca - Cyan: New Addition

Still expected:
Marrakesh Replacement - Peach

Militaristic:
Belgrade - Green
Sidon - Middle Purple
Hanoi - Light Purple
Valletta - Yellow
Sofia - Light Green: New Addition
Mbanza-Kongo - Cyan: New Addition

Whilst we still expect:
Budapest - Grey
Almaty - Light Orange

Religious:
Geneva - Middle Blue
La Venta - Cyan
Lhasa - Light Green
Jerusalem - White
Wittenberg - Light Purple
Vatican City - Light Yellow
Kathmandu - Middle Purple: Type changed from Cultured

With no others expected. This means that if the above is correct, and the are no further new additions, we'd have the composition of:

Maritime: 12
Cultured: 13
Mercantile: 12
Militaristic: 8
Religious: 7

In terms of new additions:

Maritime: 2
Cultured: 4
Mercantile: 2
Militaristic: 2
Religious: 0

With Kathmandu having it's type changed from Cultured to Religious. For comparison sake, the total numbers for Gods & Kings it was:

Maritime: 10
Cultured: 10
Mercantile: 10
Militaristic: 6
Religious: 6

Whilst for Vanilla:

Maritime: 10
Cultured: 10

Considering that Maritime, Cultured and Mercantile have been at the same number, as have Militaristic and Religious, throughout the time the types have been in, it would seem strange to suddenly have 13 Cultured City states with only 12 Maritime and Mercantile ones, whilst having only 7 religious, with 8 Militaristic. As such, at a guess one of the Cultured City states that have no been directly seen, that is either not seen yet in the game, or haven't had their type directly observed, may have also had it's type changed like Kathmandu. If this is the case, then we'd expect that one of:

Florence - Cyan: Not yet seen
Brussels - Light Blue: Seen, but the type couldn't be seen
Bucharest - Light Green: Not yet seen, but confirmed to be in Brave New World

May have been made into a religious city state for Brave New World. We can basically rule out Florence however, as it's current colour is Cyan, and if it were switched to religious it would either need a colour change or it would be the same as La Venta, which has been seen in the game. The same can be said of Bucharest and Lhasa. As such, it would seem likely that it is Brussels that is changed. In any case, if as said above one of those is changed, it would see there be a city state composition of:

Maritime: 12
Cultured: 12
Mercantile: 12
Religious: 8

If anyone has seen Florence, Brussels or Bucharest and their type could they please respond with a link in this thread.

Apart from all that, there should be no more new additions as such, but there should be replacements for Lisbon and Marrakesh, that is, city states that have new names, but are merely replacements. They would be Maritime and Purple and Peach and Mercantile. It might be worth noting that we have only seen Byblos on one video, and whilst the colour appears to be middle purple, which would make it a new addition rather than Lisbon's replacement, it may actually be purple. If we get another video with Byblos visible, it may clear this up. From what we've seen so far though, it appears that it is middle purple, rather than purple. For those curious, these are the colours used for city states:
Grey
White
Middle Cyan
Cyan
Green
Light Green
Middle Blue
Blue
Light Blue
Peach
Light Orange
Middle Purple
Purple
Light Purple
Yellow
Light Yellow

Whilst the city states we are still yet to see are:
Manila - Light Green, Maritime
Mombasa - Green, Maritime
Lisbon Replacement - Purple, Maritime
Marrakesh Replacement - Peach, Mercantile
Florence - Cyan, Cultured
Brussels - Light Blue, Cultured / Religious (Confirmed to be in BNW, type unseen)
Bucharest - Light Green, Cultured (Confirmed to be in BNW, unseen)
Budapest - Grey, Militaristic
Almaty - Light Orange, Militaristic

Have a nice day.

I wonder what the reaction would be if Venice was still a city-state. It'll never happen, but it would be funny to watch.

I wonder what the reaction would be if Venice was still a city-state. It'll never happen, but it would be funny to watch.

I would love if Venice was still a city state.

I hope to see how cities states:

Dubai (Mercantile)
Mexico City (Mercantile)
Alckland or Wellington (Maritime)
Lagos (Cultured)
Macau (Mercantile or Maritime)
Tula Xicocotitlan (militaristic or Religious)
Santiago (Cultured)
Bogotá (Cultured or Mercantile)
Luanda (Cultured or Mercantile)
Caral (Religious)
Karachi (Cultured)
Taipei (Mercantile)
Toronto (Mercantile)
Havana (I doubt, but I think it would Cultured)

Or you can stay on topic eventually, Imp~Chaos !

In my book, Brussels & Bucharest are still CS but I can recall from where they were seen.

I'll never listen to you as long as you call me an Imp. Snipper. ;)

I haven't seen anything the OP asked for. It was just a comment. One that Menzies seems to want, as well.

Or you can stay on topic eventually, Imp~Chaos !

In my book, Brussels & Bucharest are still CS but I can recall from where they were seen.

As said in the post, they have both been confirmed to be in Brave New World, we just haven't seen their type. It does seem though that it's Brussels that would have had it's type changed to religious if anyone.

Where was Buenos Aires seen?

Edit: Ninjaed 5 min ago

The achievement list tells us several other city states for SFA , but we aren't sure if they will be in the main game or not (sort of like how not every city state from existing scenarios isn't a city state in the main game)

I believe that we are going to see more african city-states for the SFA scenario. For the moment we have:
-M-Banza Kongo,
-Antananarivo,
-Mombasa (?),
-Zanzibar.
Not a lot.

Where do we know of Antananarivo from? Do we know it's colour and type?

Top Bottom