Aesthetics Policy Tree

God of Kings

Ruler of all heads of state
Here is a thread to discuss Aesthetics.

I wonder what would the appropriate title be for a leader who adopts Aesthetics.

Update:

Here is the policy tree from Well of Souls:

Aesthetics is a new Policy tree that improves the civilization's ability to generate Culture. It is unlocked in the Classical era. Adopting Aesthetics allows you to earn Great Writers, Artists and Musicians 25% faster. Unlocks building the Uffizi. Adopting all policies doubles the theming bonus you receive from your Museums and Wonders. It also allows the purchase of Great Writers, Artists, or Musicians with Faith starting in the Industrial Era.

Cultural Centers: Construct Monuments, Amphitheaters, Opera Houses, Museums and Broadcast Towers 50% faster.
Fine Arts: 50% excess Happiness added each turn to the amount of Culture that may be spent on Social Policies.
Flourishing of the Arts: Culture increased by 33% in all cities which have built a World Wonder and the empire immediately enters a Golden Age. Requires Cultural Centers and Fine Arts.
Artistic Genius: A Great Artist appears. Requires Fine Arts.
Ethics: Reduces the Culture cost of future Policies by 10%. Requires Flourishing of the Arts.

I think the title for completing Aesthetics is Master. Someone had that title in a video. Another new title was very similar to explorer so it's probably related to the Exploration tree.

Aesthetics is especially great if you're already down for faith; if I'm playing as Ethiopia with desert folklore, I won't have to trudge through redundant faith bonuses. To get to the culture I'm looking for.

I think the title for completing Aesthetics is Master. Someone had that title in a video. Another new title was very similar to explorer so it's probably related to the Exploration tree.

The female equivalent would be Mistress if it were like that (would be good for Mistress Maria Theresa of Austria).

The female equivalent would be Mistress if it were like that (would be good for Mistress Maria Theresa of Austria).

Mistress Theodora of Byzantium.
Mistress Wu Zetian of China (Though I wouldn't call her that, she has Chu-Ko-Nus everywhere!)

I would recommend "the Magnificent" as an epithet for the Aesthetics tree.

"By my beard and belly, this tree is truly magnificent!"
-Suleiman

The Benevolent I could also see. But the Magnificient fits kinda better.

The tree is okay, even if it seems uneven the same and it still has - as all vanilla trees - way too many links. Less links is fun :)

Do we have one screen confirming / showing the policies of this tree? It would be quite helpful for the discussion, me thinks :)

Do we have one screen confirming / showing the policies of this tree? It would be quite helpful for the discussion, me thinks :)

The information was accrued by repeatedly pausing a video while the player moused over all the policies.

Yeah if this thread is going to discuss it, we should definitely post the tree somewhere; particularly the OP if we can...

From Well of Souls :

Aesthetics is a new Policy tree that improves the civilization's ability to generate Culture. It is unlocked in the Classical era. Adopting Aesthetics allows you to earn Great Writers, Artists and Musicians 25% faster. Unlocks building the Uffizi. Adopting all policies doubles the theming bonus you receive from your Museums and Wonders. It also allows the purchase of Great Writers, Artists, or Musicians with Faith starting in the Industrial Era.

Cultural Centers: Construct Monuments, Amphitheaters, Opera Houses, Museums and Broadcast Towers 50% faster.
Fine Arts: 50% excess Happiness added each turn to the amount of Culture that may be spent on Social Policies.
Flourishing of the Arts: Culture increased by 33% in all cities which have built a World Wonder and the empire immediately enters a Golden Age. Requires Cultural Centers and Fine Arts.
Artistic Genius: A Great Artist appears. Requires Fine Arts.
Ethics: Reduces the Culture cost of future Policies by 10%. Requires Flourishing of the Arts.

- Unlocked in the Classical Era
- Opener; 25% faster production of Great Artists, Musicians and Writers. Allows building of the Uffizi.
- Fine Arts; 50% of excess happiness is added to culture.
- Artistic Genius: A free Great Artist appears. Requires Fine Arts.
- Cultural Centers; Monuments, Amphitheaters, Opera Houses, Museums and Broadcast Towers are built 50% faster.
- Flourishing of the Arts; 33% culture in cities with a WW. Starts a Golden Age. Requires Fine Arts and Cultural Centers.
- Ethics; -10% culture costs for policies. Requires FotA.
- Finisher; Doubles the Great Work Theming bonus you receive from Museums and World Wonders. Allows purchasing GWAMs with Faith in the Industrial Era.

A nice tree for getting ready for earning tenets faster once ideologies become available (also I think Ethics is supposed to read "-10% culture costs for policies and tenets"), and a couple of them benefit tourism as well.

It's hard to evaluate the tree when we don't know how strong a free Great Artist is in the Classical Era (earliest time you can get it). All in all, it's a bit of a bland tree and I heavily dislike the building production discounts. Ethics does seem quite boring since it doesn't provide any instant bonus and the longer one is a indirect one.

Overall, the tree might be strong, but it's not one that is particularly enticing. Just compare this thread to the many on Exploration...

As for myself, except for perhaps France and Polynesia, I think that Aesthetics will be required for a Cultural Victory. More GWAM means more Great Works means more Tourism. And the culture buildings which house them cost less.

Just looking at the policy which makes building opera houses 50% faster and salivating at the Celtic ICS prospects :). Also, this is one policy that gives hope to the wider culture vc idea.
Edit: I'm also looking at the opener, finisher and free artist policy, and thinking that Persia could get very happy off this tree. Sweden could benefit too.

Top Bottom