At the moment it seems like the internet regulation comes off like an inconvenience. The way I thought how it could work, is for the characters to try and discover the real cause behind the regulation. Who will profit the most or will gain the most? Who wants to control access to information? Is there anyone who wants to keep themselves hidden so much that they take control of the internet? The ideas I had could lead to a conspiracy based plot.

Yeah that's kinda what I had in mind.

That sounds like a great idea... I was sort of already on the way to doing so and my crossover was a way of killing time so it's not "Greg is cursed, then all better next comic"
Because there's a little plot in mind there.

-------------

On another, unrelated note, with Christmas coming up, I'm thinking of doing a Christmas Special.

I think some have been done to death, so I've narrowed my ideas down to a few and I'm wondering if any of these sound interesting:

The Cast Sing Jingle Bells
Enoraduo Eyila Sings Silent Night
A Christmas Carol (An original production by Strindberg Incorporated)
How Thor Strindberg Stole Christmas

Take me off the 'members' list, please. I don't wish to be associated with this any longer.

"This"?

That sounds very bitter and resentful there Kan. Has everything gone so horribly wrong with DYOS you don't want to even call it that when leaving?

I've been thinking about this for a while, do anyone mind if after my Bespin Plot that I have and stick with a main quartet (four people) group?

It's funny because when I look at how I script, it's a lot like film.
That's exactly what it is like. I've done scripts for small Fuzzy Knights vignettes (none of which ever got properly made because the FK creator himself had other plans and I didn't have any of the necessary Fuzzies to do it myself). It was fun to write, though.

It's funny because when I look at how I script, it's a lot like film.

Well, you know many films are storyboarded as a midway step. Comic-making could be seen as staying in this stage (except more refined, because it's the final product).

I don't script myself. Too many changes too many often, although the core hasn't changed. I wanna do some heavy shadow-play with the next page now, which had to be exposition but which won't because it didn't really help and diluted the tension. I will move that to the fourth page, which will work as a kind of interlude between scenes and will link my story to tb's. (Spain is ruled by the FWA, right?)

Scripts? What are those things anyway?
Most of my plots are just spurs of the moment. Scripting every last detail is just not my style; I only get a vague idea on what to do next from each comic to comic and that changes depending on the games I play, movies I watch and comics I read...

Scripts can be edited, y'know... ;)

Remove me as "Vice-Consul". I don't think I'm active (or will be active) enough in this to justify my position.
In which case CG defaults to VC and it's time for a snap election!!

Well, you know many films are storyboarded as a midway step.
Ah, but as I think I told you in chat, the way I describe emotions, actions, and mise-en-scène is as though I'm shooting it with a camera, as CG can attest. ;)

Okay, it's a rant fun time (yay)! I decided to switch to Paint.NET, as the computer that has Photoshop on it is the family computer and I get booted off too often to maintain as much access as I would like. Anyway, I work on it for a bit and get to the point where I need to add text. Then, after a long Chirstmas/New Years/Early January break, I start working on it again. And guess what? After placing the text, you can't friggin edit it! :mad: It's so bloody annoying if I want to resize a speech bubble, I have to delete the text and redo it again!

So I thought that, because this is an open source program, someone would have made an addon to fix it. And they did, but guess what? Said module has it's own, incredibly stupid way of moving the text around the image! There's a freaking box that's tiny and incredibly inaccurate! And if you try moving around the text manually, guess what? IT BLOODY STOPS BEING EDITABLE!!! [pissed]

td;lr: Paint.NET is a terrible program 0/10 would not download again.

If you guys have any suggestions on free image editing software that actually has this feature, I would appreciate it. I'm going to do some research into GIMP, but if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. :)

In which case CG defaults to VC and it's time for a snap election!!
Would I have to do anything or is it just automatic?

If you guys have any suggestions on free image editing software that actually has this feature, I would appreciate it. I'm going to do some research into GIMP, but if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. :)
GIMP is the only freeware program that I'd recommend. I've used it many times to add in speech balloons and text.

Radda radda, no drawing like hand drawing, radda radda. :p

GIMP is the only freeware program that I'd recommend. I've used it many times to add in speech balloons and text.

So far it's been working very nice, much better than .net. I've only been using it for ~15 mins, but I've got a good feeling. :)

Top Bottom