Am I missing something? Luxury Resource/UI

Koreos

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

I have another question about the UI information that I don't understand. Given this screenshot:

I would think that I am harvesting a total of 5 Salts (2+3 Exports), however if you look at the map, I am only harvesting 4. If I open a trade window, Salt doesn't even show up.

Is this a bug or am I missing something when it comes to luxury items? I am pretty sure I am not getting salt from any CS... Just to be clear, I understand that any resources that you get from the result of a trade or puppet city you cannot trade away to another Civ, right?

I have discovered that depending on the Civ that I try to trade with, I have a different set of luxury/strategic resources! This is very confusing. Is it a bug or a feature? I am too new to the game to know...

As for your first question, is there a City-State you are allied with that is sending you Salt? I don't have an answer for it if not.
The second question is simple. If you have Gems, Spices, Salt and Copper, and Boudicca has Gems and Spices, she won't need those but will be interested in your Salt and Copper, thus the game allows you to trade your Salt and Copper to her but not your Spices and Gems. Likewise, if Pacal has Spices and Salt, in his screen only the Gems and Copper will show up.

As for your first question, is there a City-State you are allied with that is sending you Salt? I don't have an answer for it if not.
The second question is simple. If you have Gems, Spices, Salt and Copper, and Boudicca has Gems and Spices, she won't need those but will be interested in your Salt and Copper, thus the game allows you to trade your Salt and Copper to her but not your Spices and Gems. Likewise, if Pacal has Spices and Salt, in his screen only the Gems and Copper will show up.

That makes sense. I don't know how I didn't come to that conclusion!

But there definitely isn't a CS that is sending me Salt... strange D:

Perhaps any of your cities is settled on top of a salt pile? If you've done that, it gets automatically worked, after all. I'm not too familiar with the strategic view, but in normal view, hovering your mouse over the city should show such.

Perhaps any of your cities is settled on top of a salt pile? If you've done that, it gets automatically worked, after all. I'm not too familiar with the strategic view, but in normal view, hovering your mouse over the city should show such.

IIRC the resource bubble goes away with Ctrl+R view, so it probably disappears in strategic view as well. Hovering over for the tooltip may be the only way to know it's there at all.

Top Bottom