News: Quick Game 8

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
This time we venture into the land of fiction as we assume the role of Ali Baba in a game focused on military buildup. Credit for supplying the game goes to Rik Meleet. :)

The Game
As we all know the story of Ali Baba there is not much need for an explanation. In his greddiness Ali Baba decides he wants to be the leader of 40 thieves, so that he can plunder and steal from his opponents. Though only having a guy with a stick claiming to be able to found cities at his disposal, Ali Baba is on a demanding mission...

The Objective
The objective is to get 40 thieves (warriors in the game). First player to own 40 warriors (in the F3 screen) is the winner.

Rules:
The rules are the standard rules we use in the COTM competition.

Other info
This quick game requires C3C 1.22 to play

Latest submission date is June 20th
To submit your game go to the gotm submission page and submit it as C3C Bonus 8, choosing the retirement option as victory condition. Ignore the response with jason score it gives you afterwards. Losses can be submitted too.

>> SAVE <<

:thumbsup: Sounds like fun.

Any information about settings? Screen shots?
Do we play the Arabs? Or the Osmans? :crazyeye:

(not able to open the save with CA2) :confused:

Strange, I can open it in CA2 without problems...

The civ is Arabia. Regarding the other settings, Rik didn't tell me, so I'll have to classify it as 'mystery' unless Rik pops in to tell the details. :)

I was also able to open it with CA2, but didn't find any interesting information there.

But I like the challenge and hope that I will find the time to participate in this competition :)

I made no tweaks to the biq; the save is the one you sent me.

Please note that you are uploading an incomplete game for this competition, so you *must* select the option "When I retired from my incomplete game" in the upload form, otherwise your submission will be rejected.

Thanks for pointing that out Alan. I had somehow managed to copy the submit info from one of the few games so far where players actually achieved victory.

wine and spices right next to each other? Perhaps it is tweaked :)
I take it you don't know Rik well enough as a map maker. :p
oh - do we get to know what level it is? Or do we figure out by looking at when our city needs the lux slider?
It tells you the difficulty when you load the save. (This isn't just a dodgy answer (;)) as I actually don't know the difficulty since I did not pay attention when I loaded it for my playtests)

Please note that you are uploading an incomplete game for this competition, so you *must* select the option "When I retired from my incomplete game" in the upload form, otherwise your submission will be rejected.

I assume we will still get the confirmation screen and mail if our game is accepted. And not if it's rejected.

So that I can know if I have done everything correct when submitting my game.

Am I correct in assuming this ?

I assume we will still get the confirmation screen and mail if our game is accepted. And not if it's rejected.

So that I can know if I have done everything correct when submitting my game.

Am I correct in assuming this ?

That's correct.

I'm torn between Cotm37 and this one. Not sure that I can do both :cry:

But I'll try. :mischief:

Top Bottom