Unique Buildings Elimination Thread

Mesix

The Allfather
In the same spirit as the other Elimination Threads. I like to have civs with unique buildings, so I was curious which unique buildings are people's favorites and why. Not every civ has a unique building, so the list is quite a bit shorter than the list of civs ore unique units.

How to vote
Take over the list from the previous post and give the UB you like one point (+1) and take two points (-2) of the UB you dislike the most. Mark the civ that you give an extra point in [.COLOR="Green"]enter UB here +1[/COLOR] and the civ from which you take two points in red [.COLOR="Red"]enter UB here -2[/COLOR] - minus the dots. Sometimes the voting get a bit exiting and people might miss an earlier post: the voting UB colored in blue means that the poster has adjusted the scores to the correct amount.

The idea is that you do give a proper reason based on the game. So please don't come with comments like "I like the Coffee House because it is a fun place to hang out and get free WiFi"

Please vote only once within 24 hours period.

Buildings that hit zero points or below are eliminated and can be deleted from the list that you copy.

Here is a list of the Unique Buildings in the game (including DLC and G&K). Please let me know if I have missed any.

Bazaar (replaces Market, +2 and +25% :c5gold: also provides extra copy of each luxury resource and +2 :c5gold: for Oil and Oasis tiles)
Burial Tomb (replaces Temple, +2 :c5happy: and +2 :c5faith:...maintenance free)
Ceilidh Hall (replaces Opera House, +3 :c5happy: and +4 :c5culture:)
Coffee House (replaces Windmill, +2 and +5% :c5production:, and +25% great people generation)
Floating Gardens (replaces Water Mill, +2 :c5food: and +1 :c5production: also +2 :c5food: per lake tile and +15% growth)
Krepost (replaces Barracks, +15 xp for new units and reduces cost of acquiring new tiles by 25%)
Longhouse (replaces Workshop, +2 :c5production: and +1 :c5production: per forest tile)
Mud Pyramid Mosque (replaces Temple, +2 :c5culture: and +2 :c5faith:...maintenance free)
Mughal Fort (replaces Castle, +2 :c5culture:, +7 :c5strength:, and +25 hp also provides :c5gold: after Flight is researched)
Paper Maker (replaces Library, +1 :c5science: per 2 :c5citizen: and +2 :c5gold:...maintenance free)
Pyramid (replaces Shrine, +2 :c5science: and +2 :c5faith:)
Satrap's Court (replaces Bank, +2 :c5happy:, +2 and +25% :c5gold:)
Stele (replaces Monument, +2 :c5culture: and +1 :c5faith:)
Walls of Babylon (+6 :c5strength:, and +100 hp)
Wat (replaces University, +33% :c5science: and +3 :c5culture: also +2 :c5science: from jungle tiles)

Results
1. Pyramid
2. Stele
3. Paper Maker
4. Floating Gardens
5. Wat
6. Burial Tomb
7. Satrap's Court
8. Bazaar
9. Mud Pyramid Mosque
10. Ceilidh Hall
11. Coffeehouse
12. Longhouse
13. Walls of Babylon
14. Mughal Fort
15. Krepost

Stele. Which frankly seems like a slam-dunk winner no matter what you think of the rest of that Civ.

EDIT--though looking at those, I like all of them!

Stele. Which frankly seems like a slam-dunk winner no matter what you think of the rest of that Civ.

EDIT--though looking at those, I like all of them!
I fixed the OP. Thanks!

Bazaar
Burial Tomb
Ceilidh Hall
Coffee House
Floating Gardens
Krepost
Longhouse
Mud Pyramid Mosque
Mughal Fort 18
Paper Maker
Pyramid
Satrap's Court
Stele 21
Walls of Babylon
Wat

Stele like I said already. What other building is so much better than its replacement and can build straight up from the beginning of the game, almost guaranteeing a religion?

Mughal Fort. Wha?!? Doesn't do much.

Bazaar
Burial Tomb
Ceilidh Hall
Coffee House
Floating Gardens
Krepost
Longhouse
Mud Pyramid Mosque
Mughal Fort 16 (-2)
Paper Maker
Pyramid
Satrap's Court
Stele 21
Walls of Babylon 21 (+1)
Wat

I don't think Walls of Babylon will get too near the top but it can be especially helpful when defending new cities (especially on high difficulties).

Mughal fort is just not that inspiring. A little extra culture.... hurray:nope: Also the defense bonus is negligible.

Bazaar
Burial Tomb
Ceilidh Hall
Coffee House
Floating Gardens
Krepost
Longhouse
Mud Pyramid Mosque
Mughal Fort 14 (-2)
Paper Maker
Pyramid
Satrap's Court
Stele 21
Walls of Babylon 21
Wat 21 (+1)

Mughal Forts are just one more reason why India is a tragically bad civ right now. Free universities with tradition? Wat you talking 'bout, Willis?

Bazaar
Burial Tomb
Ceilidh Hall
Coffee House
Floating Gardens
Krepost 18 -2
Longhouse
Mud Pyramid Mosque
Mughal Fort
Paper Maker
Pyramid 21 +1
Satrap's Court
Stele 21
Walls of Babylon 21
Wat 21

Krepost: There is little reason why I would want to build this.
Pyramid: The best early game building, and probably the best overall building. Period.

Bazaar
Burial Tomb
Ceilidh Hall
Coffee House 18
Floating Gardens
Krepost
Longhouse 21
Mud Pyramid Mosque
Mughal Fort 14
Paper Maker
Pyramid
Satrap's Court
Stele 21
Walls of Babylon 21
Wat 21

longhouse .... iroquois powerhouse ftw .... my best production cities ever...
Coffe house ... i built one when i played austria ... who want to increase G¨P production in ALL your cities ??? (i want to control which GP will be generated ans so few cities (1, 2 at most 3) have bonus...

Bazaar
Burial Tomb
Ceilidh Hall
Coffee House 18
Floating Gardens
Krepost
Longhouse 21
Mud Pyramid Mosque
Mughal Fort 14
Paper Maker 21 (+1)
Pyramid
Satrap's Court
Stele 21
Walls of Babylon 19 (-2)
Wat 21

Paper maker gives money for a building that will be in most cities. And you build it early.

Walls are lackluster. The bowmen should be your defense and the walls should not be necessary in the early game. I hardly ever build them.

Bazaar
Burial Tomb
Ceilidh Hall
Coffee House 18
Floating Gardens
Krepost 18 (-2)
Longhouse 21
Mud Pyramid Mosque
Mughal Fort 14
Paper Maker 21
Pyramid 21 (+1)
Satrap's Court
Stele 21
Walls of Babylon 19
Wat 21

Krepost - Bonus is unneeded with Tradition when going tall, and as for going wide you cities should be tightly packed together so it is unneeded here also.

Pyramid - Great science boost, and the extra faith can grantee as region (perfect for ICS)

Bazaar
Burial Tomb
Ceilidh Hall 21 (+1)
Coffee House 18
Floating Gardens
Krepost 16
Longhouse 21
Mud Pyramid Mosque
Mughal Fort 14
Paper Maker 21
Pyramid 22
Satrap's Court
Stele 21
Walls of Babylon 17 (-2)
Wat 21

I won't even say, alone, they don't add anything to my game, because the walls of babylon will cause cities to potentially take valuable experience from units early in the game. Walls have always been on a "need to build" basis for me anyway, but the more the AI suicides units into a stronger city, the less HP left for my units to eat up. It's not huge, but UB's with potential downsides are rare (I'm looking at you Burial Tomb).

On my up vote, you can't ignore the civ that uses a UB, and the Celts like their war. The Ceilidh Hall helps an expanding empire, by giving you culture you want to keep social policies coming and happiness to keep growing.

Bazaar 21 (+1)
Burial Tomb
Ceilidh Hall
Coffee House 18
Floating Gardens
Krepost
Longhouse 19 (-2)
Mud Pyramid Mosque
Mughal Fort 14
Paper Maker 21
Pyramid
Satrap's Court
Stele 21
Walls of Babylon 19
Wat 21

Bazaar (+1) is the foundation of the Arab economy. Really makes the Arab empire go.

Longhouse (-2) is too map dependent and not much of an improvement over the workshop.

Somethings on wrong, Krepost should have 14 and pyramid 22

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 18
Floating Gardens 20
Krepost 16
Longhouse 19
Mud Pyramid Mosque 20
Mughal Fort 14
Paper Maker 21
Pyramid 22
Satrap's Court 20
Stele 21
Walls of Babylon 17
Wat 21

This should be correct, Krepost was only down voted twice.

The corrections added the last post, not the posts that were skipped (as my post had already corrected another skipped post, seemed complicated to correct a post that skipped corrections).

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 18
Floating Gardens 20
Krepost 16
Longhouse 19
Mud Pyramid Mosque 20
Mughal Fort 14
Paper Maker 21
Pyramid 22
Satrap's Court 18
Stele 22
Walls of Babylon 17
Wat 21

Satrap's court is underwhelming. Replaces bank, and only gives +2 happiness. By that time my happiness is fine.

Stele is best, period. Maybe rivaling Bazaar, but +2 faith is amazing right from the start. You don't even need to build religious buildings as Ethiopia.

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 18
Floating Gardens 21 (+1) Replacing the watermill with a higher chance of use (since it can be used with lakes), extra 10% food, cheap early building, makes lakes actually useful [now that lighthouse doesn't boost them anymore - only civ that has them useful now]
Krepost 16
Longhouse 19
Mud Pyramid Mosque 20
Mughal Fort 12 (-2) The extra gold with flight is ok. Now I rarely if ever build castles to begin with - with Neu Schwanstein it occasionaly makes sense but is a waste of a build in general. India just is not suited for a wide playstyle with that painful happy penalty - overall just a poor building
Paper Maker 21
Pyramid 22
Satrap's Court 18
Stele 22
Walls of Babylon 17
Wat 21

My prediction for the top 5:

1. Stele
2. Bazaar
3. Pyramid
4. Burial Tomb
5. Paper Maker

I agree with the first 3 (not necessarily the order) will be top 5 for sure. Floating Gardens I think will make the top 5. Longhouse imho is an outside contender to crack the top 5.

Just my guess

1. Pyramid
2. Stele
3. Bazaar
4. Floating Gardens
5. One of the other 3

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 16 (-2) Nothing really terrible about this building, but it isn't necessary for most cities, and even in the cities you build it in, it isn't game changing.
Floating Gardens 21
Krepost 16
Longhouse 19
Mud Pyramid Mosque 20
Mughal Fort 12
Paper Maker 22 (+1) You can never have too many paper makers. Just a fantastic early building that really lets you warmonger once you hit CKNs. Gold + Science = Awesome.
Pyramid 22
Satrap's Court 18
Stele 22
Walls of Babylon 17
Wat 21

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 16
Floating Gardens 21
Krepost 14
Longhouse 19
Mud Pyramid Mosque 20
Mughal Fort 12
Paper Maker 23
Pyramid 22
Satrap's Court 18
Stele 22
Walls of Babylon 17
Wat 21

Barracks aren't that great to begin with and buying tiles is something I rarely do.Gold + Science = Awesome.

Top Bottom