Fall patch is out

What about playing Strategic View? Does that help?

What about Quick Movement? Does that help?

no, neither do. when you get your missionary prophet next to a city tile and it still has a movement left you can click the 'convert' action. it doesnt go into any animations or movements, it calculates the new amount of followers and its effects and thats it. it just takes an extra long time beyond the normal finishing action of a unit or citizen.

In a slightly unrelated topic, I hope that the next patch makes river borders on tiles more visible on hex sides that also happen to be where cultural borders are.

Can't tell you how many times I accidentally spent all my movement because I couldn't see a river because a cultural border was covering it up.

Maybe I just don't know how, but I wish I could temporarily toggle off border overlays, if only to get a good idea of where the rivers actually are. I thought the problem was exclusive to playing in Strategic View, but I've had the same difficulties when playing in Normal View.

i just hover my mouse over a tile to see what is on it if the borders are making it difficult. i do the same for ethiopian units that i mistake as barbarians. their colors are quite similar. it is tedious but hovering for a half second brings up the details of the tile and will say if it has a river touching it. but is still make the mistake when i get into a hurry or play impatiently.

Just had to give up on a game playing as Augustus (Prince level). Underestimated the AI! Iron didnt turn up where I needed it and the AI (sensing I was waiting for the iron to get online) attacked from two different directions in concert with each other. Wasnt ready and got overwhelmed. I wasnt expecting this and even though I was annoyed (was in no shape to keep the game going!) Im kind of pleased because I underestimated the AI - that wont be happening again! :)

I've been playing offline and currently on ver 6.1.76.01 and using the Civ Unofficial Patch 2.0.46

Is the new patch compatible with the unofficial patch or should I dump it.

Or should I stay offline and continue as is?

Sounds like the new patch has promise, but reading through the threads also sounds like there are some issues.

FIXED! Thanks, hotfix!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?feed=steam_updates&appids=8930
- Reduced Happiness a bit from Mercantile City States. You no longer get +1 bonus happiness going from Friends to Allies (since you already get the luxuries then). And eliminated the +1 Happiness entering Industrial era.

I don't understand this change. I'm playing a game where 4 of 5 Mercantile city-states have gems and jewelry. My base influence is 30 from Patronage+Protecting so assume all are at least friends.

Making more than 1 mercantile ally (of the 4) seems like a complete waste with regards to the happiness bonus. You can't even trade the duplicates.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Is jewelry and porcelain treated differently from other luxuries? If 4 jewelry gives you 16 global happiness than it would make sense.

Nope. In the example you cite, there is no incremental benefit in getting more than 1 of your mercantile friends to ally status. You might still want to get more than 1, in case of coups, but that would be a defensive measure.

Nope. In the example you cite, there is no incremental benefit in getting more than 1 of your mercantile friends to ally status. You might still want to get more than 1, in case of coups, but that would be a defensive measure.

Thanks. I guess I've been playing it wrong since the patch came out.

I'm still confused about the reasoning given:

"(since you already get the luxuries then)"

All other city-states give an additional Ally bonus on top of the resources. Why should mercantile be any different?

Frankly, just game balance. Mercantile happiness boosts were a bit overpowered pre-patch. Could just as easily reduced friend happiness by 1 happy and left the +1 happy for ally status, but that arguably would have chopped the wrong leg of the wobbly chair.

Top Bottom