Where are my bloody barbarians???

My players are numbered 1-8. My City States are numbered 24-40. The CS's have random placement. I still have no Barbs.

You didn't accidently check 'No Barbarians' in the Scenario editor box, did you ?

Here is what I meant by only assigning a starting plot position in worldbuilder, in case it wasn't clear

Here is how I add my major civs to a map. Later I go through the map and assign random player starting positions on the map equal to the number of civs I've added to the 'scenario'.

And how I add city-states. Note that this is empty. By doing it this way and then assigning 'Random City State' for an individual plot's "Start Position' drop-down, I avoid the whole barbarians=team 22 thing.

I haven't done much true scenario creating in the sense of placing player cities, player units, assigning which techs each player starts with, etc. Mostly I just use worlbuilder when I want to create a custom map with assigned player starting points.

Attachments

• WB_example4.jpg
    WB_example4.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 359
  • WB_example2.jpg
    WB_example2.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 334
  • WB_example3.jpg
    WB_example3.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 364
  • WB_example1.jpg
    WB_example1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 364
What I'd like to know is, why is it after the entire world has been revealed to me and there are no Barbarians to be seen anywhere, it still says "Processing turn for the Barbarians"?

I think it always will even if you select 'No Barbarians' in Advanced Game Set-Up. I think it's part of the game's hard-code to display that. I think back in G&K if I played a game without city-states, I'd still see a message about processing the turn for City-States.

We're checking it out now. Seems to be limited to the "load as scenario" option.

Have you fixed this? This has bothered me for years - literally.

Barbariens just don`t show up. And if I place them manually, they dont respawn or upgrade.

I tried every trick in the book.

Maybe you checked "No Barbarians" in previous game and you forgot to recheck?

They seemed to have fix this. My maps I used to test my mod had Barbarians spawn during the course of testing. It was indeed a scenario as well with pre-placed civs, units and cities.

Top Bottom