Getting 'Baba Yetu' into Civ V

Aaron90495

King
As much as I love CiV, if there's one area it needs improvement in, it's music. Is there a way to simply change the menu theme to Baba Yetu (or possibly a mod?)? Even that would make me happy. :)
Thanks!

On a side note, just 22 hours and 56 minutes left!! :D:D:D

Wow, that song is awesome. I like it almost as much as Baba Yetu.

Anyways, how could I tinker with the game files to get this to play in the menu instead of the generic current theme?

Baba Yetu has been used for Civ 4, I don't think we could reuse it. Maybe instead, Kia Hora Te Marino, another Christopher Tin song from the same album?

Link to video.

This is used in CivWorld, the Facebook Civilization game.

I love it. :D

You can do it yourself.
Find the theme song (I think it is in assets folder) and replace it to BY.
I did it long ago the same thing :)

not many things give me goosebumps, but listening to that then Baba Yetu, oh boy. I just ordered Tin's CD because of that video GamerKG, thanks. :D

greatest Civ song ever, just gets you hyped when you started the game!

What, you mean you don't like the soulless, dull, droning of the CiV menu music? :lol:

Although I'd recommend if you're going to buy G&K to wait a bit and see if they change the menu music. Warlords and BTS both introduced new intro screens and menu music, so they may this time around too.

Speaking of which, that main menu background could use some love too... yuck. :rolleyes:

What, you mean you don't like the soulless, dull, droning of the CiV menu music? :lol:

Although I'd recommend if you're going to buy G&K to wait a bit and see if they change the menu music. Warlords and BTS both introduced new intro screens and menu music, so they may this time around too.

Speaking of which, that main menu background could use some love too... yuck. :rolleyes:

Hmm, I already modded the music, and I do intend on buying G&K (well, to be precise, I've already preordered it). Do you think G&K will "overwrite" my mod?

It would be safe to say a yes to this

I hope you're kidding, but if you're not, I meant until Gods and Kings launches. :)

Yes, I figured that out later.

I've not followed anything about G&K because I've no intention of buying it until (6 + 1 per patch) months after it comes out. Yes, I have learned my lesson; I'll avoid being a guinea pig this time 'round.

So no, I didn't realize it was due out today until reading others' posts.

1. Download Baba Yetu MP3 and convert to .wav

2. Open directory containing menu music file.

Civilization V: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\Sounds\Streamed\Music\OpeningMenu_Proto_1.wav

Gods and Kings: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion\Sounds\Streamed\Music\OpeningMenu_Exp.wav

3. Backup original menu music file.

4. Rename Baba Yeto .wav file to OpeningMenu_Proto_1.wav for Civ V or OpeningMenu_Exp.wav for Gods and Kings and move to the appropriate directory.

Done!

1. Download Baba Yetu MP3 and convert to .wav

2. Open directory containing menu music file.

Civilization V: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\Sounds\Streamed\Music\OpeningMenu_Proto_1.wav

Gods and Kings: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion\Sounds\Streamed\Music\OpeningMenu_Exp.wav

3. Backup original menu music file.

4. Rename Baba Yeto .wav file to OpeningMenu_Proto_1.wav for Civ V or OpeningMenu_Exp.wav for Gods and Kings and move to the appropriate directory.

Done!

I'm having trouble locating the BNW music... I'm running it on a mac and I found opening_menu_proto1.wav, but other than that I just see OpeningMenu-51mix.binka.

Is it still possible to get baba yetu in there?

Top Bottom