Best AI civs

From what I've seen...

Korea (By the time you arrive, they're already an era ahead)
Russia (Tend to go wide, large military, and full rationalism)
Rome (Wide and large military, usually get going early and city-spam)
Germany (Conquers and snowballs)
Poland (Pretty obvious here)

Shoshone and Greece are more so civs that are horrible to play against, but they're usually not world powers, at least not as much as the one above. Any AI can get strong in certain situations, I've had plenty of games where the Shoshone and Greece have struggled and were near bottom in lots of categories on InfoAddict.

Russia (spams cities like crazy and has good science)
Iroquois (spams cities like crazy and has good science)
Shoshone (spams cities like crazy and seems to always conquor their continent)
America (spams cities like crazy and builds huge military)
Greece (spams cities like crazy and is befriends every city state)
Poland (spams cities like crazy and has strong culture)

All of these civs have something in common...

I wonder if there's something with the flavors of the AI that leads them to a playstyle that lets them overrun the other AIs and pose a headache to players. it shouldn't have that much to do with the UA, since a lot of the civs mentioned here aren't particularly high on the deity tier list.

Pedro is a bro. I always give him some free luxuries 2 turns before I invade him and take all his crap.

Greece has always been the best AI, at least in Vanilla and G&K, don't know about BNW. They seem to be a runaway civ and always allied with half the CSs. They invade you with effective units in short order if you start near them.

1. Iroquois - This dude always expands like crazy.
2. Rome - As previous people have explained.

Dark Horse: India - You let this guy expand and he can be a real problem later on.

1. Iroquois - This dude always expands like crazy.
2. Rome - As previous people have explained.

Dark Horse: India - You let this guy expand and he can be a real problem later on.

Actually, India and Venice have the lowest scores on the expansion list,...if you experienced him "spamming" cities then it must of been an extremely rare game.

http://civdata.com/

Actually, India and Venice have the lowest scores on the expansion list,...if you experienced him "spamming" cities then it must of been an extremely rare game.

I think expansion is more driven by game circumstances than those numbers. I can’t say I have experienced India spamming cities, but all the civs ranked just one number higher (4 instead of 3) I have had be prolific some of the time.

I think the AI plays India well. Not mentioned much is Askia. His UA makes up for the AI tendency to throw units into the water.

Top Bottom