Ocean tiles.

NiceOneEmlyn

Chieftain
Whilst playing on a huge archipelago map and attempting a domination victory, I came across the following.

The Dutch were isolated from the rest of the World, being surrounded by ocean tiles. In time their borders created an escape route for their triremes by encompassing an Ocean tile which led directly to a coastal tile on the other side. I wanted to conquer them so I paid heavily to obtain open borders but my fleet was unable to enter! Once inside I could have found enough spare coastal tiles to park my Galleasses before my declaration of war.

So in a nutshell their triremes could get out but I couldn't get in, is this some sort of bug?

Your own naval units can always enter your own tiles, even in ocean (familiar territory). However, you cannot enter neutral or other civilization's ocean tiles until you get the promotion from Astronomy that lets you cross oceans.

Your own naval units can always enter your own tiles, even in ocean (familiar territory). However, you cannot enter neutral or other civilization's ocean tiles until you get the promotion from Astronomy that lets you cross oceans.

Thanks, I was aware of the former, unfortunately for me though, not the latter! I am glad to know it is not a bug.

Top Bottom