Adjusting price collapses

sir_schwick

Archbishop of Towels
Is there any way in FreeCol or the original colonization to change how quickly and to what levels commodity prices collapse?

I always thought that you should have been able to still run a decent, mercantile dependent economy much longer then you can with the current price collapses. If they collapsed a little higher for all the goods then it would be feasible.

I don't think there is a way to adjust the price collapse in current version of FreeCol (o.7.3). I suppose if you post this at SourceForge the feature might be included in 0.8.0 :)

As to the original, I don't think there is a way either. But I don't remember the prices moving up & down as fast as in FreeCol. As far as I noted, the price in FreeCol changes way too fast both way. In my current game on a huge map in late game (after independence, just mopping up the other power ;) ) I tend to rush buy quiet a lot of building since I was cash rich. The price of tools can go from 1/2 at start of turn all the way to 5/6 and dropped to 1/2 again after a number of my colonies sold their tools. :D

Is there any way in FreeCol or the original colonization to change how quickly and to what levels commodity prices collapse?
There is in the original colonization. In your colonization folder there is a file called ‘names.txt’. There you can change many important parameters in the game, including how fast prizes on a commodity rise, fall and recover.

Top Bottom