Unit Making Tutorial by utahjazz7 (May 9, 2005)

EDIT: I'm so stupid! I got the shadows to work. I just went to Display, and then Ground Shadows. I was trying to apply them in the render window when I didn't have the in the actual file, :lol:.

EDIT 2: Ok, this is really ticking me off... I get shadows to work in the file, but no render shadows! HAs this happened to anyone else?

Oh, I just remembered that I have had a problem like this before. I don't know why it happened, but the GROUND prop would constantly revert to being invisible. I think it was anytime I had just opened the file or would go to the materials room. I would check to make sure that the GROUND prop is visible before rendering.

Bah. A virus destroyed my halfway-completed first unit. Now I'm going to have to start all over again. :crazyeye:

Thanks for the tip, though. I'll try it out once I crawl back to that part. ;)

EDIT: Got lucky this time. My duplicate file still exists so I can continue. :D

Okay, new problem (poser seems to hate me). When I try to get the PDM shoes to work, they don't. I put them there, then conform them to the PDM. This happens:

I don't know what's going on. Any tips?

also, its best if you make all parts hidden by lothes invisible too, in case of poke-through :)
namely, the feet there.

How do I create textures to apply to the paperdoll as well as clothes?

EDIT: I found the answer

Kinboat's Kensai robe figure doesn't seem to conform quite well to the Paperdoll Figure. I'm assuming that it was meant for the "improved" version of the Paperdoll Figure, but the problem with using that is that a lot of the clothing props don't conform well to the "improved figure"... Any ideas on how to adjust the robe to fit the standard Paperdoll figure?

I haven't noticed the clothes not fitting the improved PDM, which is the one I always use. The robe doesn't quite fit that PDM either, in that it doesn't bend at the knees. You could fix this by re-rigging the robe in the Setup Room, but I've never bothered to do that.

Which clothes props do you use on the improved PDM? Some of the pants props don't fit.

Odd. I've never had the robe work or manage to get anything to fit the improved PDM figure.

Or maybe I'm doing the process wrong. What process do you do when you attach the robe figure to the PDM figure? Whenever I conform the robe to the PDM figure and then click "Zero Figure" in the Joint Editing room, I always end up getting it messed up.

If you are using the Samurai props posted (which I assume you are, the robe is one) you have to use the old PDM, still linked to in the first post. Those clothes are designed to conform the original PDM, not the improved version.

Top Bottom