Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

A small thing, but could you have the tech tree grey-out world wonders that are already built, like Communitas does?

And a minor thing, but why is the influence-reduction-per turn info removed from tooltip over CS banner? I know it's on the ribbon to the right, I'm just not very used to it yet.
People used to complain the DLC was too verbose, so I tried to cut down on the tooltips. But I can easily duplicate the ribbon tooltip like it was before...
Actually there is a clear indication it's too far away to work. If you mouse over city banner, even though tiles beyond 3 still show "orangeybrown" they do not show yields while those within 3 tiles do (just noticed this in my current game and it's a pretty clear indicator to me that it's 4+ tiles out).
The yields are shown for workable plots, this excludes plots beyond the 3rd ring but also plots assigned to be worked by adjacent cities
Yes, that sounds like a great start. I was hoping for something that can be done before a settler is even available, but I'll certainly take the former. I realize border growth is much different, but the goal here I believe would be to show the full 3-hex "radius" so the player can easily see the workable potential of the city. This would make roping together several resources a whole lot easier. Often I have two in range and need to recount all over again if I'm trying for additional resources, a coast settling, or some other strategic spot as well as the resources.
If resources are the issue, it's not that simple now that cities can capture resources up to the 5th ring (although only the 3rd ring can be worked)
Well, some BTS veterans really miss the relations wheel, mainly (me included), and InfoAddict may be considered cheating by our standards (you have the same spirit as me in your DLC, "available info only"), thus making IA a non-option to display the wheel. If you add GR to the DLC, you would have all possible ways of showing the diplo info: your wonderful ribbon, plus the wheel. For all tastes.
OK OK :lol: I will add it in
A small thing, but could you have the tech tree grey-out world wonders that are already built, like Communitas does?
Yes I could, but I would have to modify another file which would make compatibility with other mods yet more difficult. A compromise would be to put that info in the mouseover tooltip...
When I hit "Save Game" or "Options" in the main menu, nothing happens. If I then click "resume game", I'm in the options or save menu
Got back home and took a look: it occurs when clicking on the top panel "menu", because I set the main menu popup priority too high: this hides its submenus, which then appear when leaving the main menu :lol: Took me less time to fix than to write this up, will be in next release.

No no, I was not pushing it, only offering it. As I said, it's your call. You could ask here before adding it to see what people think before committing; both can be used together anyways, I am doing just that.

A food for thought bc1, why not seperate certian things, and add a tooltip "This could cause incompatibility with mods, use at your own discretion" so that when we install THIS "Mod" (DLC) then we KNOW that the thing causing the issue is the "addon".

Btw, I've discovered a very peculiar element.

When playing Hotseat I've discovered the AI actually calculates relationships. Although there's no "decieveness", the the tooltips do in fact show Warmonger penalties and other things (DoFs, for example). So, there actually ARE relations between Human players, they're just hidden in the un-modded, makes hotseat games more.. immersive, now if only this DLC actually added the ability to Denounce a player between humans -.- (among other things).

This is by far my favourite "DLC".

Edit:
Strange but the problem occurs randomly. Now, however, I'm meeting a new issue:

Research window scrollbar is gone, and the background is messed up.
Also, menu buttons don't take you where they should upon clicking. When Clicking return to game though, the previously clicked button executes. Say, "Options" , nothing. Clicking return to game, then the options menu comes out.

Had dx11 crash error thingy after installing the mod. Can you guys help me? When loading a save it crashes. When starting up a game certain ui textures are gone. For example certain icons that slide down at the right side becomes black. Some unit icons turn to black..

Mods:
Hulfgars Complete 6.3 for BNW (removed atilla's Ui)

Hey bc1,

first, the mod is wonderful, as close as it gets to the legendary BUG! :)

I would only suggest/raise the following:

1. Is it possible to add some semi-transparent background to the diplolist ribbon that is part of the notification panel? Without a bg, the list and data is sometimes confusing when over terrain/cities/units... something like the base civ/score list that has a bg.

2. When entering city screen, there is some lag as compared to the base game. I remember that GEM had a similar issue (which, by the way, made me stop using that mod altogether, never tried again). Is it possible to improve the efficiency of the city screen under this mod?

Edit:
Strange but the problem occurs randomly. Now, however, I'm meeting a new issue:

Research window scrollbar is gone, and the background is messed up.
Also, menu buttons don't take you where they should upon clicking. When Clicking return to game though, the previously clicked button executes. Say, "Options" , nothing. Clicking return to game, then the options menu comes out.

Research issue might be related to using another mod that alters tech tree.

Menu button's been addressed in earlier posts. Only happens when you click Menu on the Top bar (if you use Esc no issues). He's fixing that for that next release.

Research issue might be related to using another mod that alters tech tree.

Menu button's been addressed in earlier posts. Only happens when you click Menu on the Top bar (if you use Esc no issues). He's fixing that for that next release.

Thank you. I removed the techTree folder in the mod, allowing the research drop-down to appear at the left for a temporary fix.

Had it working though in the past. I hope this gets a treatment somehow.

Anyone having the same issue as me, and had found a solution, please help.

Hovering the mouse over city-states seems like it should be offering more information, when compared to what this great mod does for major civilization cities. Any chance the same information that's displayed when hovering over the city-state type symbol in a city-state screen can be added to the main map view? Ideally, I'm after determining what I'm currently getting from a city-state from just the main map view only.

Happy new year to all :D
No no, I was not pushing it, only offering it. As I said, it's your call. You could ask here before adding it to see what people think before committing; both can be used together anyways, I am doing just that.
the advantage is that either can be updated independently, but eventually I will merge it in
A food for thought bc1, why not seperate certian things, and add a tooltip "This could cause incompatibility with mods, use at your own discretion" so that when we install THIS "Mod" (DLC) then we KNOW that the thing causing the issue is the "addon".
that would be way too much work, sorry not gonna happen
if only this DLC actually added the ability to Denounce a player between humans -.-
that would be a change in game functionality - sorry that's beyond the scope of this DLC
How about both? Either using colors or bold outlines.
i need some time to think this over a bit and come up with something both feasable in lua (performance wise) and useful (well that's always subjective)
Research window scrollbar is gone, and the background is messed up
what other mods are you using ? looks like a conflict; would need a look at lua.log to get an idea of what's going on
menu buttons don't take you where they should upon clicking. When Clicking return to game though, the previously clicked button executes. Say, "Options" , nothing. Clicking return to game, then the options menu comes out
fixed in next release, in the mean time use "esc" key to access menu
Had dx11 crash error thingy after installing the mod. Can you guys help me? When loading a save it crashes. When starting up a game certain ui textures are gone. For example certain icons that slide down at the right side becomes black. Some unit icons turn to black..
are you sure another mod is not the issue ? the DLC makes no changes to save games whatsoever. One thing you could try for the dx11 crash is to remove the "Art2" and "TopPanel" (in "UI") DLC components
1. Is it possible to add some semi-transparent background to the diplolist ribbon that is part of the notification panel? Without a bg, the list and data is sometimes confusing when over terrain/cities/units... something like the base civ/score list that has a bg.
yes but IMHO it would look very ugly (like the current playlist), is it that much of a deal to mouse over the icon when the data is not very legible ?
2. When entering city screen, there is some lag as compared to the base game
are you sure of that ? on my rig I have absolutely no lag, except when fouding a city but that's a base game feature introduced a while ago. The DLC city view code is supposed to be optimized compared to the base game, but try removing the DLC CityView module see if that helps
Anyone got this working with CEP?
please be more specific about problems and post lua.log
Hovering the mouse over city-states seems like it should be offering more information
next release will duplicate city state ribbon mouse over for city state banners

next release will duplicate city state ribbon mouse over for city state banners
Sounds great, thanks.

Somewhat along those lines, I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done to make the player better understand where their luxury resources are coming from. When bringing up the resources view, resources that you're importing from other civilizations show as "1 imported" etc. It's worth mentioning here that it would be nice if this screen said which civilization was being imported (or exported too) and for how long.

My real gripe with the base game is that resources acquired from being allies with city-states don't show as being imported. They're just listed like they're within your own borders, but in reality they're just a few :c5influence:influence away from disappearing for the player. Ideally this screen should really show if the resource is under the player's direct control inside their borders, from a CS alliance or imported from a major civ.

Luckily your mod provides this information from the individual city-state perspective, but it would be nice if the information was available the "other way" from the resource perspective directly. You can tell the ramifications from letting that CS alliance expire, but do you already have that resource in your borders anyway? It can be annoying difficult to tell.

Another gripe: When the AI initiates a trade, I constantly have to remove resources from diplomacy trading just to see how many of them I have left, and then add them back to the trade. In the Civ4 days it would say "Silver (1 of 2)" so you could easily tell the current quantities at stake. Anyway to add this in and reduce some clicks?

Just laying out some UI issues I've seen as ideas.

are you sure of that ? on my rig I have absolutely no lag, except when fouding a city but that's a base game feature introduced a while ago. The DLC city view code is supposed to be optimized compared to the base game, but try removing the DLC CityView module see if that helps

In fact, I had to out-comment the line that forces the Production button to open the city screen in your code, as it became unbearable.

Yes, I tested with and without, and the difference is noticeable in my machine. I wonder if you are not seeing it only because you have a very powerful rig that overcompensates for the problem?

In fact, I had to out-comment the line that forces the Production button to open the city screen in your code, as it became unbearable.

Yes, I tested with and without, and the difference is noticeable in my machine. I wonder if you are not seeing it only because you have a very powerful rig that overcompensates for the problem?
For a minute I thought that was caused by HitM II that I used but since you mention it here it could well be related to this DLC. Especially when my empire grows bigger it becomes a real nuisance to enter the city build queue and it takes quite some time for the improved city bar to reflect the production changes too.

Yes, I tested with and without, and the difference is noticeable in my machine
Is this problem linked exclusively with the CityView module, i.e. does the problem still occur when using the DLC without the CityView module (remove the entire CityView folder from the DLC's UI folder) ?

Is this problem linked exclusively with the CityView module, i.e. does the problem still occur when using the DLC without the CityView module (remove the entire CityView folder from the DLC's UI folder) ?

Just tested without the CV module, and clearly there is a difference... but then again, even without the CV module, there is still a very small lag as compared to non-DLC game... I wonder if the combined effects of the detailed tooltips and the CV module are creating this?

It may be unsolvable, as the extra information included in the DLC may need some processing before display... on the other hand, maybe you can check if you have redundant updates somewhere in the code? I remember they discovered some redundant looping before the Fall patch, and eliminated those to make the CV more efficient.

Sounds great, thanks.

Somewhat along those lines, I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done to make the player better understand where their luxury resources are coming from. When bringing up the resources view, resources that you're importing from other civilizations show as "1 imported" etc. It's worth mentioning here that it would be nice if this screen said which civilization was being imported (or exported too) and for how long.

My real gripe with the base game is that resources acquired from being allies with city-states don't show as being imported. They're just listed like they're within your own borders, but in reality they're just a few :c5influence:influence away from disappearing for the player. Ideally this screen should really show if the resource is under the player's direct control inside their borders, from a CS alliance or imported from a major civ.

Luckily your mod provides this information from the individual city-state perspective, but it would be nice if the information was available the "other way" from the resource perspective directly. You can tell the ramifications from letting that CS alliance expire, but do you already have that resource in your borders anyway? It can be annoying difficult to tell.

Another gripe: When the AI initiates a trade, I constantly have to remove resources from diplomacy trading just to see how many of them I have left, and then add them back to the trade. In the Civ4 days it would say "Silver (1 of 2)" so you could easily tell the current quantities at stake. Anyway to add this in and reduce some clicks?

Just laying out some UI issues I've seen as ideas.

Agree with all of this, especially the quantity in trade windows..

Top Bottom