Bug Report

Hi all!
I have played many different mods this year! Never had any problems and even helped to others. But somethgin is wrong with this mod.

My civ4 installed at H:/Games/CIV4
My usuall mods installation place is: h/games/civ4/bts/mods

But this time its not working. Having same problem some player had before me in Bug topic.

*When I click at Desktop on ww2-1939 icon it says - "searching for civ4bts.exe" or smth like this and not laucnhing.

*When I try to launch it form bts/mods/mods/ww2-1393-public maps it says - "Mod/ww-1393 is an invalid mode directory /ignoring"

What I can do with this?

I was playing your mod. It's great! :goodjob:
When playing I found some more or less bugs. I don't know if these are known but I didn't see them in this thread.

1) When you train a spy, the NKWD wonder gives your spies Radar Vision I. The button is pink though and it point to your capital even though you trained the spy somewhere else. (Don't know if this is intented.)

2) The great prophet looks good in game but in that little window it's pretty weird.

3) The bombard city defenses is also little buggy in some units.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 273
  • Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 262
When I try to load up this MOD, it loads up but then goes to a black screen, and a GFC error box comes up, and on the bar at the bottom of the screen it had three different Civ IV: BtS slots?

The full message I get is "GFC Error: fails to initialize the primary control theme" when it tries to load up the MOD engine, I have no idea what that means, please someone help me, the screenshots of this mod look awesome.

I'm using Civ IV: BtS version 3.1.9

@NotSoGood
Thx for finding this.

@Mr Montana
You instaled wrong the mod. Did you changed the name of the folder that contains mod? Or is it for sure in Mods directory?

@NotSoGood
Thx for finding this.

@Mr Montana
You instaled wrong the mod. Did you changed the name of the folder that contains mod? Or is it for sure in Mods directory?

I put it in the MODS directory in my documents, on BtS and it automatically installed itself into the C:/ folder of BtS. And no I didn't change the name of the folder that contains the mod. :confused::confused:

Where does the MOD need to go in order to work? Also I don't need the disc in order to make Civ IV:BtS work, I don't know why, as it was by chance I found this out.

Why do you put it in My Documents directory?
It should be in C:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods
or in other place - where you installed game.

It's for sure problem with theme - I had it when I changed the name of mod. The link in .thm and .xml were different than actual name of mod. Did you changed name of folder Beyond the Sword to bts during installation?

Also I don't need the disc in order to make Civ IV:BtS work, I don't know why, as it was by chance I found this out.

Very weird but I can play the mod without cd too. And I have no idea why since i didn't touched anything else than .xml .py . Maybe I turned it off accidentaly somwhere.:scared::scared::scared:

Ahhh I found another location that doesn't work - Computer > Local Disc (C) > Program Files > 2K Games > Firaxis Games > Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete > Beyond the Sword > Mods.

This Mods folder has all the other Mods that are on my game, and it still doesn't work in that file!!!!

P.s the C in disc drive would have a : but it makes a smiley face on this forum.

Also when it loads up it says the XML is uncached, is that a good or bad thing? (before it crashes)

Fixed it yay!! But are there any other public maps I can download as I don't like the Sep. 1939 for it's inaccuracy historically and I wanna prepare for war and not get straight into it pretty please :).

Hi, this is also my first post and I got what I think is a bug.

Hi, I have the 1939 mod and I got a bug
You have trucks in the game that say you can load troops into. Well I cant load infantry into trucks. So this is annoying.

Also, as a suggestion for other editions. With artillery could you change it more to like Road to War or how it was in CivIII where they can shoot from a distance? Seems so much better to do it that way.

Issue: No goddamn HUD! I've got HUD in every other Mod\BTS, but not in 1939...anybody knows WTF is wrong?

you need to update bts, I had the same problem and the update fixed it.

Bug Report

Please post all the bugs you'll find here :) It would help us to fix bugs and make game more balanced :)

after download finished i could not play
beyond the sword called it a bad directory and ignored the mod boohoo

i use windows 7 on a laptop with t6600 processor and 1gb drive, 1gb geforce vid card

what to do ?

greetings

after download finished i could not play
beyond the sword called it a bad directory and ignored the mod boohoo

i use windows 7 on a laptop with t6600 processor and 1gb drive, 1gb geforce vid card

what to do ?

greetings

Your CPU is a 64 bit. On my 64 bit laptop, this mod installed itself in the 32bit (x86) folder although your Civ4 installation in the other "Program Files" when viewing the C: drive.

Try copy/pasting the folder "Word War 2 Mod" from "program files -> Firaxis Games ->Cvi4 ->BTS->mod" to the same location but with "program files (x64)" instead.

It worked for me.

Top Bottom