Fox-05: The RNGod Strikes Back

HELLO, ME AGAIN.

I'M NOT FEELING THE BEST SO OZBENNO GAVE ME THIS MEDICINAL CIGARETTE HE STOLE FROM PHOLK. I FEEL BETTER ALREADY MAN.

ANYWAY, I'M FEELING ALL AT ONE WITH THE WORLD AND I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO JUST GET ALONG BETTER

EXCEPT FOR KUBLAI, HE'S A PRICK.

SO I INSTRUCT OZBENNO TO BRING MORE LOVE TO THE WORLD.

HE DOES IT STRAIGHT AWAY, I'M CHOKING UP HERE WITH ALL THE LOVE IN THE AIR. THE ONLY THING THAT COULD MAKE IT BETTER WOULD BE THE DESTRUCTION OF KUBLAI.

MY BEAUTIFUL MINIONS LEARN BANKING AND I TELL THEM TO ... OH WHAT IS THAT BEAUTIFUL LIGHT

MORE LOVE.

MAYBE WE CAN GET BRENNUS AND MEHMED OVER FOR A CAMP-FIRE SING ALONG WITH SOME HERBAL TEA. OH PLEASE SAY YES.

OZBENNO BRINGS ME GREAT NEWS FROM THE FRONT.

MORE LOVE CAN BE THE ONLY CONSEQUENCE OF THIS. I TELL OZBENNO TO LEAVE THE ARMY IN ANGLE AS HE WON'T NEED IT FOR HIS NEXT TASK AS I'M SURE HE CAN ACCOMPLISH IT WITH LOVE. LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED OZBENNO. LOVE AND MEDICINAL CIGARETTES.

HMM, I'VE GOT THE MUNCHIES I'M OFF

Spoiler :

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1052050

Personal objective = 5 = Get an AI Civ to improve attitude towards us OR Get a cultural pop

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1052079

Tribal Objective = 5*5 = 25 = Capture a city with world wonder or shrine

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1052096

in 2*5+20 = 30 turns (from 321 turns left 1607)

Well that has got to be the worst task ever as we suck so badly (how did that happen :mad: ).

The only candidate is Ollantayambo which has Oracle and Notre Dame. Hannibal would be a good target but hasn't built a shrine. Just like us. What the hell happened to our priest in Beijing I scream just before we pop a Great Artist. Needless to say the priest is re-employed (and will be sacked before it gets back to me :lol:)

I send a scout to Ollantayambo to see what we're up against.

I then laugh. Then I cry

I think this one is a no go so I get to work on the economy, using the whip liberally.

So after my 10, we have 24 turns for our objective.

Hopefully the next person gets an agressive personal roll as we could probably take Hannibal, just not Huayana.

The finances were improved up 10% but we're still in a bad economic shape. More whipping required.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/88650/Fox-05_AD-1625.CivWarlordsSave

While waiting, you could graze us with the magnificence of Cleo ... :groucho:

It's CHLOE :gripe:

Nah, nothing will ever beat Snaga. That game is 8 months long, if we multiply it by 1.5 for the Normal <-> Epic conversion, its is a year long slavery.

I believe there was a game in the Civ3 SG Forum that went over a year (and I'm pretty sure it was Normal speed), I can't remember which one it was though.

Civ Chronicles and Warlords are on the way!
Are you buckling? Or should be past tense ... did you buckle? What happens when BtS comes out? Do you sell all your Civ discs again in a rage and swear not to return until Civ V?

Are you buckling? Or should be past tense ... did you buckle? What happens when BtS comes out? Do you sell all your Civ discs again in a rage and swear not to return until Civ V?

I never sold them in a rage :gripe: I just had more important things to do! (see bottom of signature)

I went on hiatus before I knew Civ Chronicles was coming out -- so once they announced it I knew the hiatus was a lie. I knew I would never be able to resist it, but I'm still glad I sold Civ IV (since I had the SE and made good coin off of it -- almost enough to pay for Civ Chronicles!) Since I'm going to have Civ IV as part of Chronicles, it made no sense to wait for Complete (cause then I'd own Civ IV twice), so I figured I might as well by Warlords on the cheap...which I have:

As for Civ V, there's a strong likelihood I will be waiting for Civ V Complete straight off the back; the reasons for selling Civ IV in the first place are likely to hold in Civ V, and without a Chronicles to tempt me, I should be able to delay without worry...

The real fun part begins in 5 months, when I take 2 months of leave from work for child-rearing ... whatever will I do during all those naps?!?

Quite likely...sleep.

And, got it.

When you have Civ, who needs sleep? Mmm...Civ Comas...:drool:

EDIT: In all seriousness, by 6 months the scion should be sleeping through the night, so I don't expect to be running a sleep deficit at that point.

In all seriousness, by 6 months the scion should be sleeping through the night, so I don't expect to be running a sleep deficit at that point.

Really? My daughter only started sleeping through the night at 10 months old. You might want to actually have it happen to be sure ... unless of course, you bore him to sleep with civ4 strategies talk :mischief: ....

Or you keep him wide awake silently staring in awe with Civ4.

Back to the business of RNGod, I suggest we focus on improving our economy and meekly accept punishment for this one.

And Ozzy, I presume your personal was achieved with a border pop of Sanchu.

Tribal Objectives Completed Thus Far
  • (N.A) Acquire a religion ~ started:4000BC, completed: 3070BC, 31 turns.
  • (4x2) Learn 2 techs in the next age ~ started:3070BC, failed after 35 turns, punishment: (5) Empty all cities for (1d6=3) turns, done
  • (6x6) Obtain (1d6=1)+2 more new resources ~ started:1990BC, completed: 1150BC, 29/30 turns
  • (1x2) Build a Wonder or Project ~ started: 1150BC, failed after 40 turns, punishment: (2) Whip all cities, done
  • (1x5) Promote a unit (1d6=3) times ~ started: 475BC, declared failed after 10 turns, punishment: (3) move (1d6=1) unit to the northmost point, done
  • (12) Spread a religion to (1d6=1)+3 cities ~ started: 325BC, completed:185AD, 34/50 turns
  • (1x2) Build a wonder or project ~ started: 185AD, completed: 860AD, 45/45 turns
  • (1x6) Capture or found (1d6=4) cities ~ started: 860AD, completed: 1274AD, 45/50 turns
  • (1x3) Learn 2 techs that enables wonder or religion ~ started: 1274AD, completed: 1322AD, 6/50 turns
  • (12) Spread a religion to (1d6=3)+3 cities~ started: 1322AD, completed: 1532AD, 35/45 turns
  • (3x3) Capture a capitol or size (1d6)+5 city~ started: 1532AD, completed: 1586AD, 26/40 turns
  • (1x6) Capture or found (1d6=2) cities~ started: 1586AD, completed: 1607, 9/30 turns
  • (5x5) Capture a city with wonder or shrine~ started: 1607AD, yet-to-complete, 24(total: 30) turns remaining

Personal Objectives Completed Thus Far
  • Rex: (2) Capture or found a city ~ failed, punishment: (1) All workers to stay inside cities simultaneously for 1 turn, done
  • Fox: (5) Have a culture pop ~ failed, punishment: (3) Change civics or state religion, done
  • Ozbenno: (4) Spread a religion ~ failed, punishment: (4) whipped away (1d6=2) pop, done
  • vra379971: (2) Capture or Found a city ~ founded Guangzhou
  • Omni Paul: (3) Learn a Tech ~ Masonry learnt
  • Ruff: (6) Get 300 gold ~ failed, punishment: (5) play (1d6=5) turns less, done
  • Berserks01: (4) Spread a Religion ~ Guangzhou
  • Fox: (2) Capture or found a city ~ Bantu captured
  • Rex: (3) Learn a Tech ~ Alphabet
  • Ozbenno: (3) Learn a Tech ~ Drama
  • vra: (6) Get 15 exp ~ failed, punishment: (4) whip away (1d6=2) pop, done
  • Ruff: (6) Increase (1d6=2)x3 exp ~ succeed
  • ChrTh: (6) Increase (1d6=5)x100 gold ~ succeed
  • Rex: (6) Increase (1d6=1)x3 exp ~ succeed
  • Berserks: (3) Learn a tech ~ Calendar
  • Fox: (4) Spread a Religion ~ Nanjing
  • Ozbenno: (1) kill (1d6=5) enemies ~ succeed
  • Vra: (1) kill (1d6=1) enemies ~ succeed
  • Rex: (4) Spread a Religion ~ karakorum
  • Berserks: (3) Learn a tech ~ Civil Service
  • Fox: (5) Have a culture pop ~ succeeded
  • Ozbenno: (5) Improve an AI's attitude ~ Hannibal (Annoyed > Cautious)

Roster
  • GreyFox == perform illegal act ... not once, but twice!!
  • Ozbenno == Offered RNGod a pot ...
    [*]vra379971 == Got It
  • Ruff == On deck ... no kimchi though
  • Berserks == bored with Civ4 strategies ...
  • Rex == Re-discovered his fire for Civ4 ....
    [*]ChrTh == Waiting patiently for Civ+Warlords to arrive via Snail Transport Protocol
    [*]Omni_Paul == The world is a stage, but I'm off the stage right now ...

Useful links:
Reporting Ground Rules

The most important rule is reports should be funny. Also, you should provide adequate details (preferably screenshots) on how an objective is achieved. Normal SG etiquette applies. Standard 24hrs to post a got it, 48hrs to play and report. If you can't play, just ask for a swap or skip.

I thought Ozbenno fulfilled the personal objective by having a Civ's attitude toward him improve? :confused: ... wasn't that the whole point of the hippie peace-making?

Warlords arrived today! :groucho: ... now I just need the Civ Chronicles to show up!

:lol: the irony ... warlords appearing before civ ..... and there's nothing absolutely you can do about it!

Well, not really ironic. The Warlords auction ended before the Chronicles one so I expected to receive Warlords first (otherwise there would've been a :wallbash: , or maybe even a :gripe: icon in my post ;) )

This gives me plenty of time to read the handy manual (although it's annoying that the UU and UB listing don't tell you how they're different from what they replaced)

Well...I'll have it played soon, but I'm afraid my turnset seems to have produced some disturbing news that will likely lead us to vote to demote our resident biblical smiter - news at 11.

I'm glad someone's paying attention :mischief:

Well, when you don't own the game you tend to pay more attention to the reports since you can't look at the saves :crazyeye:

BTW, vra et al.: I can't remember, does the team have a Wonder/Shrine city? Why not give it away to Khan in peace and then retake it by declaring war? <--Out of the Box* thinking

*aka Out of his Mind thinking

BTW, vra et al.: I can't remember, does the team have a Wonder/Shrine city?

Why yes, actually the capital has two.

Why not give it away to Khan in peace and then retake it by declaring war? <--Out of the Box* thinking

*aka Out of his Mind thinking

Hmm, maybe you weren't paying that much attention then, Khan is dead :lol:

Top Bottom