Horrors! Windows xp won't load civ 1 (windows) or Civnet

stwils

Emperor
I am trying out a new Toshiba laptop computer. It plays civ 4 fine. (not sure I like civ 4 yet.:rolleyes: )

But then I tried to load civnet from a cd, and it said "wing.dll is missing", and trying to load Civ 1 from a pcgamer disk brought up nothing...

I am not used to windows xp yet. (I have been living with Windows 98. And quite happily I might add.) But surely a new xp computer won't cut me out of my wonderful old games. (Not DOS, but Windows versions.)

What do you suggest? I don't know how to access what is on a disk through "my computer" like I can on Windows 98.

Bothered beyond belief...:confused: :(

stwils

Honestly, you should get CIV3. The graphics aren't fantastic, but they're not bad either. It's good game play as well. With CIV4, you'll get bored very quickly (I know, I had it, played it for a month, then threw it away). Now I play CIV3 all the time.

CIV1 might have been good back in the day, but that was when computers weren't so good.

VOGONS might have some helpful information, stwils.

Thanks everyone.

I want to report that after fiddling and clicking, I finally got both Civ1 and Civnet to load! I have no idea what I did. I downloaded nothing. So it is a mystery, but I very happy.

stwils

Top Bottom