Quick Questions and Answers

I'm playing through deity difficulty right now and am hanging on with a very strong navy, but little else. i've just tech'd to flight and want to get the most bang for my buck out of my fighters.

what promotions do i need to have in order to get Logistics for my fighters? what is the quickest route to logistics for air units (both fighters and bombers)?

thanks.

air units either need both city bombardment or both land unit bombardment promotions to unlock the higher gear promotions.

one would imagine someone playing on deity knows this^^

anyway: you most likely want to take autorepair (for air units) before logistics as an air unit most likely ends the turn in a city anyway and therefore can attack every turn without healing up again for several turns.

same is kinda true for your navy - you'll want +1 range before logistics, as it allows you to bombard cities without taking fire yourself (before they push out artillery). you get xp more quickly than with logistics due to the lack of healing downtimes.

air units either need both city bombardment or both land unit bombardment promotions to unlock the higher gear promotions.

one would imagine someone playing on deity knows this^^

anyway: you most likely want to take autorepair (for air units) before logistics as an air unit most likely ends the turn in a city anyway and therefore can attack every turn without healing up again for several turns.

same is kinda true for your navy - you'll want +1 range before logistics, as it allows you to bombard cities without taking fire yourself (before they push out artillery). you get xp more quickly than with logistics due to the lack of healing downtimes.

city bombardment unlocks works for bombers, but not fighters. i used to know how to do it, but forgot.

as for navy i know you get the logistics unlock after you do 3 bombardment or targetting unlocks. i prefer to get logistics before range because you can get twice the exp in one turn and use movement points after your attack to move your unit out of range.

OCC setting means you can't settle new cities even if you wanted to and I think if you capture a city it auto razes (not totally sure about that though). Otherwise no difference.

Yes, in 1CC any cities you capture are automatically razed, even foreign capitals.

I recently settled a city that was 5 tiles away from Siam (meaning there was a 3 tile gap between our borders) and he complained about it being to close. This wasn't a coastal city where I've seen overseas civs make stupid complaints but a landlocked city.

My question how close is considered to close?

:bump:

If the city is on the same map as the other civ, then it is too close.

Jokes aside... I don't know... but most likely you'll never be able to not settle to close as the range is something ridiculously large like 20 or so (my guess) <-- that might not trigger the don't settle near us thing, but it is close enough to make them hate you/want your lands. Moreover THEY will then settle closer to you and then claim you've been settling to close... so there is pretty much no reason to give a damn about it.

I'd guess for the immediate "don't settle near us in the future" complaint is at about 10 or less range.

Does the AI inherently know where land is? I've taken over North America + Canada as Polynesians, and I'm planning on taking over Australia, but I don't know if China has decided to steal that yet.

EDIT: If it helps, it's the year 1010 AD, and I haven't met any other civs yet.

Does the AI inherently know where land is? I've taken over North America + Canada as Polynesians, and I'm planning on taking over Australia, but I don't know if China has decided to steal that yet.

EDIT: If it helps, it's the year 1010 AD, and I haven't met any other civs yet.

As far as I'm aware no it doesn't.

Also AIs don't really settle inter-continentally in civ5 till very late in the game.

hello. Is there a bigger worlds mod compatible with Gods and Kings? V.3 doesn't seem to work. ta

Right. For example, if I had 4 iron, I would only be able to build 4 swordsmen, because each unit uses 1 iron. Same goes for building horsemen with horses, nukes with uranium, etc.

That sort of bugs me about Civ sometimes, if you are racing for the Nuke, it's very annoying when the Uranium all ends up in the lands of either A) A 1 tile island in the middle of nowhere, B) In the area of a hostile civ who doesn't want to trade at all, or C) Just outside of your already-fully-expanded borders. :mad:

I know this is an old thread and all but this seemed like the best place to ask this.
I downloaded a mod off of this site http://www.civ.fiz.proste.pl/ so my question is: How do I enable this mod and others like it so I can use it in the game since it is not downloaded off of the steam workshop?

How does a Citadel work in the case of an enemy unit occupying the Citadel that I build?
1. Does that enemy unit get the defence bonus?
2. Do the other enemy units adjacent to the Citadel still take damage even though there is an enemy unit in that Citadel?
3. Can the enemy pillage my Citadel?

I'm thinking about using a Citadel as a buffer to aid defend against England and I'm not sure whether I can hold it even with the defence bonus due to the massive horde of longbowmen. It would be kind of a spearhead and I don't have any real intrest of advancing further.

If you build a citadel in your land the enemy will take 30% damage automatically from being adjacent to or on the citadel. Longbows are usefull against citadels, certainly, but can only range-attack any units in the citadel, not the building itself.

1. The enemy does not get the defence bonus.
2. Yes, they take that damage no matter what, unless...
3. It's pillaged. I have only ever seen a citadel pillaged by the AI once, though.

A few questions:
1. Is there anywhere I can find a complete, organized list of all achievements (the Steam ones get confusing in some places).
2. Is there a "Small Islands" map script? If so, is it a DLC?
Never mind #2, I see that it was listed under "tiny islands".

Stupid Newbie Question: Going for a science victory at King setting. I have all my pieces of the rocket, but the game is letting me move one piece of the space ship into my capital, but is not letting me move a second piece into the capital. What am I missing?

Welcome to Civfanatics WickDeer :goodjob:
There is an action for the spaceship part to actually install it.
Hover over the actions for the part and you will see the one to click. Good Luck

Welcome to Civfanatics WickDeer :goodjob:
There is an action for the spaceship part to actually install it.
Hover over the actions for the part and you will see the one to click. Good Luck

Sadly, the only options I am seeing are move, do nothing, and sleep. The only option under the extra options button is delete unit.:(

Select the spaceship part in your capital.
make sure you don't have any great people, or workers/settlers there.
You should see an option.

Select the spaceship part in your capital.
make sure you don't have any great people, or workers/settlers there.
You should see an option.

Sadly, I don't see the option. I've moved everything but the unit out of the capital.

Oh well, I will just use giant death ray robots to take out my frustrations on my nearest enemy.

Have you possibly already won a victory some other way (such as diplomatic)? Did you disable a Science victory when setting up the game? Are you past the ending year (2050)? If none of those suggestions help, please post a save file.

Top Bottom