Indonesia discussion

They are NOT too strong. Remember they replace Swordman, which is not exactly a unit well positioned in tech tree. Not to mention your civ will likely not strong enough to either produce or support large mass of Kris swordmen in that stage of game.

They are NOT too strong. Remember they replace Swordman, which is not exactly a unit well positioned in tech tree. Not to mention your civ will likely not strong enough to either produce or support large mass of Kris swordmen in that stage of game.

Something we just learned from MadDjinn's video:

Iron is revealed at Bronzeworking and the research cost of Ironworking has gone down.

Thus you can learn if you have iron available earlier, which allows you to decide whether to pursue Ironworking.

Also, you can improve the tiles prior to unlocking swordsmen, and the reduction in research cost combine to give you more time to use them before Pikemen hit the scene.

So the swordman situation has improved.

Does anybody think the Candi shouldn't need a fresh water source; am I missing something as to why it should?

Would that be easy to change once it comes out?

Chandis would be OP without the water restriction because it will be the most producing building for faith. If you have 3 religions in the city that is already 6 faith which is a lot for a building that does not normally produce faith to begin with. Temples produce 3 faith with a SP so I think the restriction is needed because the benefit is really good.

Does anybody think the Candi shouldn't need a fresh water source; am I missing something as to why it should?

Would that be easy to change once it comes out?

It would be very easy to mod out, (literally deleting one line in the Building's XML entry), although, as said, it was done for balance reasons.

did these get posted yet?
MYSTIC BLADE Promotion is replaced with a randomly chosen new promotion after the unit completes its first combat. (I believe this is the one represented with the "?" logo)
INVULNERABIILITY +30% Combat Bonus when defending. +20 Hit Points when healing
SNEAK ATTACK Flank attack bonus increased by 50%
HEROISM Unit awards combat bonus to nearby units as if it is a Great General
AMBITION +50% Combat Bonus when attacking. -20% penalty when defending
RESTLESSNESS May Attack Twice. 1 Extra Movement
RECRUITMENT Heals All Damage If Kills Non-Barbarian Unit
ENEMY BLADE Takes 20 Damage If Ends Turn in Enemy Territory
EVIL SPIRITS -10% penalty when attacking. -30% penalty when defending

EDIT: yup

If you have 3 religions in the city that is already 6 faith

I'm not a native English speaker so CMIW.

according to http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ5_bravenewworld.html, the stat is

Candi

Cost: 80; Maintenance: 1; Faith: +2
Abilities: +25% Great People generation in this City, and +2 Faith for each World Religion that has at least 1 follower in the city. City must be built next to a River or Lake.

So :

*If you build candi in city without any religion, you get a base +2 Faith.
*If the city has 1 religion you get 2 faith + 2 bonus faith = 4 total faith.
*If the city has 2 religion you get 2 faith + 4 bonus faith = 6 total faith.
*If the city has 3 religion you get 2 faith + 6 bonus faith = 8 total faith.

bob massingbird thanks for the info forgot that chandi had a base of 2 faith. This makes it quite powerful especially now with ITR spreading religious influence.

Ironically, although Indonesia is intended for archipelago/islands gameplay, if it is spawned in coast next to a long river (very common in Pagea) in the desert, it will be a faith juggernaut, with Desert Folklore+Candi+whatever Pagoda/Mosque/Cathedral you have.

A lot of Candi are built near rivers, that is true. But Indonesia, being an archipelago, hardly has great rivers and lakes (not the small ones, but the one that is visible on larger map of the world).

So, my suggestion is in order to make it more historically accurate, the restriction of water should be erased. However to avoid making Candi too easy or too powerful, just make +1 faith, instead of +2 for each religions. Too weak? Ok then, throw in any below:

• +1 food to connect with Indonesia's agrarian society, or

• +1 culture to connect with Candi annual religious festivals, or

• +1 happiness since it's a religious building afterall.

The narrator guy at the leader intro screen says "Gayah Mada" instead of "Gajah Mada" with a hard J. (This isn't the Czech Republic, you pronounce your J's in most Indonesian words)

Not gonna lie, that bugs me a tad

The narrator guy at the leader intro screen says "Gayah Mada" instead of "Gajah Mada" with a hard J. (This isn't the Czech Republic, you pronounce your J's in most Indonesian words)

Not gonna lie, that bugs me a tad

Yes, I caught that too, although it made me think the narrator was trying Spanish rather than Czech pronunciation. He says "Mayapahit" too.

Which always confuses me more, because if they were going Spanishy, I would expected them to say "Gaha: Mada".

You can't always nitpick them for making errors regarding "fluff", but in this case it's pretty basic you would think at least one thing they would make sure to get right is the correct pronunciation of the leader name at the main intro

Also, has anybody translated Gajah Mada yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsUOYRC6ksA

Regardless, I asked somebody I know who knows Older forms of Javanese to help out the exact wording

The only thing I can make out is when he points his Kris sword showing his land he says the Javanese form of "Nusantara" which in English is referring to the Indonesian archipelago and all the unified islands

I just finished my first BNW game. It was as Indonesia and I achieved a Autocraty Diplo Victory. I must say against all expactations, Indonesia plays amazingly well.

I was just playing Civ and unlocked a Great Work of Music!!!

"Wasitodiningrat - Ladrang Sri Duhito"

I didn't think they would include something Javanese !! :yeah:

Top Bottom