Civ I And Ii Crashes On Windows Xp

RichieTurtles

Chieftain
I dont know if anyone else ever had this problem but let me tell you ITS HELL
I recently got a new hard drive and switched from win98 to XP, I formated it Ntfs and installed Xp on it and started installing my games. I installed Civ I and 2 Multiplayer gold, which worked on My other hard drive running win98. They both installed no problem and start up right away....The scary problem is....at some point and time maybe 5 or 10 minutes in, seemingly randomly (but because windows error report says its a driver issue I know its not) MY WHOLE COMPUTER CRASHES...It just shuts off and resets....then it wont load up windows normally unless i start it up in safe mode first.
All of you know (even with auto save) 10 minutes isint enough time to play either of these games. Ive tried un-installing and re-installing and then using the v1.3 patch and using the windows xp compatabilty thingy. Im installing the indeo codecs tonight hoping for a solution...anyone out there ever hear of this or might possibly know a reason (and solution hopefully)?
Any help will be appreciated, Thanks:viking: :viking:

civ1 is DOS afaik. 16-bit programs don't quite work in win xp. Make sure you have your drivers updated, and you have the latest version of the game. If that doesn't work, try playing the game with less programs running in the background.

Top Bottom