Greek SG - Regent level

Håkon

Duke of Morpork
This is my first succession game. I'm really trying to learn the trick of the trade at Regent level, and guess a SG with some more experienced players would help.

Greek and Regent are fixed, I'd like the others to be random.

This will now be a 20K culture game, which is merged with the Wiz02 thread.

Oh, and this is vanilla Civ (which, of course, is why I started a new thread).

I'd like about 6 players:

1. Håkon
2. Wizard
3. Yndy
4. Dominix (can only play at weekends)
5. mad-bax
6. Smellincoffee (won't play for some time?)

Although the roster is now full anyone is welcome to join in for the first round. After that it will be fixed (although we need to move Dominix around so that he can play).

Time limit: 24 hours to say "picked up" (important! if you do not do this, we will skip you and go to the next player) and 48 hours to play the game and upload it here.

I can only play on the weekends due to a busy school year, so if you don't mind that then I would love to join!

I may join... depends on the other things, like what's the victory goal if there is one etc.

Wizard - well, really, I don't have a victory goal set yet. I'm usually more into the Cultural games, but if you want Conquest or anything like it that's OK with me.
Dominix - OK. I'll see how many players we get, but I'm sure we can accommodate you.

I'll join since we're going to play hattrick together, why not a SG as well.

I'm far above Regent (all the way to Deity actually) but I could give you and the other players some advice but also comment on your weed moves.

Ah, Yndy beat me to it. SmellinCoffee asked me to run a regent TDG. Looking at this game it would seem to be an ideal candidate. Also there is another regent SG starting with a cultural theme.

Maybe you would consider combining the two games, and Yndy and I could play and comment. So, not a true TDG, but maybe that would be better.

Yndy would have to agree of course. Two (or more) experienced players sharing the burden might work quite well.

If it sounds like a good idea, sign me up and put some space between Yndy and myself on the roster. :)

Thanks a lot! That's just what I was looking for. You're both signed up now. I posted in the Wiz02 thread to see if they want to combine the games...in that case we already have six players, if not we have four.

mad bax is nice to have you along in the game. I'm OK with everything you wrote. Actually I was going to suggest something similar myself.

It's not that easy to gather players for a Regent level game.

On a related matter we would need to be relatively strict with the time to play the game. I would suggest a 48 hours to play or ask for a specific time extension.

I'll just need to remember this is a v1.29 game.

Originally posted by mad-bax
Ah, Yndy beat me to it. SmellinCoffee asked me to run a regent TDG. Looking at this game it would seem to be an ideal candidate. Also there is another regent SG starting with a cultural theme.

Maybe you would consider combining the two games, and Yndy and I could play and comment. So, not a true TDG, but maybe that would be better.

Yndy would have to agree of course. Two (or more) experienced players sharing the burden might work quite well.

If it sounds like a good idea, sign me up and put some space between Yndy and myself on the roster. :)

You mean mine and Håkons SG's should be combined into one?

Hmm... Maybe this should target to a 100k win, as mine is targgeting to a 20k win...

But I'll sign up. :)

So, as said, I think, if it's ok with Håkon, that these two SG's should be combined into one. :) Shall we continue from my thread or this one?

That's perfectly OK with me, and actually what I suggested :). Seeing as this thread has four players and yours has two, it's probably best to ask Smellincoffee to go here - but that's just an opinion.

This thread.

Ok. I'll post a link in mine to tell we're playing on this thread. :)

Thanks. So now we obviously have a full roster, I'll start the game tomorrow. All victory conditions enabled, but we'll go for 20K culture. You're next after me on the line-up (cos Dominix can't play).

Sorry. Clicked quote instead of edit. May be deleted.

Ok. :) *starts warm-up*

This will be e great game, with m-b and Yndy participating! :D

Large map
Continents
60 % water
Roaming barbarians
Climate: random
Temperature: random

King Alexander of the Greeks
10 rivals

All victories turned on.

No culturally linked start locations
No respawning of AI players
Preserve random seed is on.

Regent level

Our starting position:

I think that’s OK. Loads of food, two shield squares, plains that can give shields as well, commerce for science, and a mountain to the NE.

4000 BC: King Aradavros I builds the glorious city of Athina! 10,000 pioneers settle down near the Athinon Potani to form the grandest city on the face of the Earth. The Scythians, who lived nearby, are delighted to see the wonders of civilization, and tell us the secret of Pottery (hmmm…better than warriors) The starting position turned out to have a cattle directly to the NE as well. This can be utilised in 10 turns. For now, however, the 1st Worker division will road the square to the SE of Athina which has a shield. CB will be researched in 16 turns (if I remember rightly, a Temple built very early is good for culture, cos of bonus points, right?) Starts production of the 1st Hoplite division.

3800 BC: Worker finishes road. Road to cattle will now be built.

3500 BC: Athens grows in size and culture. 1st Hoplite division finished. Starting on 1st Settler division.

3400 BC: CB finished. Next is Writing (to Literature ---->GL). Athina changes production to Temple. Will finish in thirteen turns. Worker finishes road on cattle square. Goes back to SE shield square to mine it.

3000 BC: That’s it, really. Not an awful lot to tell. Temple will finish in 4 turns. After that you can build Settlers and Workers (important) and perhaps mine that square to the SW + some irrigation on the plain.

The save file

Good luck with the game, Wizard.

List:

1. Wizard - your turn
2. Yndy - warm up
3?. Dominix (can only play at weekends)
4?. mad-bax
5?. Smellincoffee (won't play for some time?)
6. Håkon

Got it. I'll play it today, hopefully. Won't take very long, as it's in the beginning of the game. :)

Here you go:
3000BC: Move worker to Athens.

2950BC: Worker to BG W of Athens. Check everything, but there's nothing to fix. :)

2900BC Start mining the tile.

2850BC: Temple built. start settler.

2800BC: :sleep:

2750BC: :sleep:

2710BC: :sleep: still...

2670BC: :sleep:

2630BC: Mining finished. Start building road.

IBT: Athens builds settler troop #1. Start warrior.

2590BC: I'll let the next player choose where to settle the settler.

The save: >:D<

Top Bottom