Awilder's 2nd Imm game - Isabella of Spain

awilder

Warlord
Hey again everyone, I'm up for another game of civ! Anyone else?

Turns 1-91 (600 BC) I am teh Wonder Whore
Turns 91-153 (860 AD) Liberalism>Military Tradition
Turns 153-201 (1410 AD) Cannon Warfare on Hannibal
Turns 201-220 (1550 AD) Hamm Sandwich -> Sushi
Turns 220-??? The End

Here is the previous game (Sury/Imm/fractal) in case you missed it.

This time I roll Isabella of Spain:

Hmmm, conquistadors. Cross fingers for horses, and then beeline mili trad?
Settings are Imm/fractal/normal/standard/no huts/no events.

Here is the opening:

I lost the original savegame for those who wonder why it looks different :blush:. Round 1 soon!

Attachments

• awilder4000BC.CivBeyondSwordSave
    42.5 KB · Views: 169
2 south. Why? Because then you can fit another city in to work the gold, the clam and the ivory.

1 North? I don't see why you'd do that. You can't work the gold or the ivory until another city and you may not have any food. Looks like floodplains that direction. SIP is better then 1N.

1NW is in the sea :)

I want that mod! :lol:

1NE does look pretty stellar but could probably make another city out of it. SIP is pretty strong too.

aw - try a full-on religious game for kicks

Isn't the UU a curi replacement?

I thought that isabella's UU is actually trebuchet ;-) especially based on sisutil game in ALC.

Will be interesting to see...

edit:

seeing the new start...
irrigated wheat+grass cow is solid food combination I would probably SIP even if I can see why someone would try for better food on the PH hill south, but that is risky and you can't scout there

I love Isabella, I hope your game will be fun !

With this openning, I'd be tempted to invest 1-2 turns to scout around.

SIP is okay, obviously. But there seems to be only flat plains tiles in the western fog.
OTOH, 2S1E and 2S2E of the settler seem to form a delta.

->
1- Move Warrior 1SE on forest. Determine if you SIP.
2- Move Settler 2S1E on forested PH.
3- Move Warrior 1SE on forest. Determine if you SIP (seafood), settle 1E (stuff in fog), settle 1NW or 1W.

Scouting west would also be possible if you invest 1 more turn:
1- Warrior 1SW on the plains.
2- Move settler 2S1E on forested PH.
3- Move warrior 1W or 1SW.
4- Decide. Maybe settle 1W of the lake.

1W of the lake provides the more grassland tiles, from what we can see now, but may be lacking hills badly.
The SE plains hill is likely to get you 1 desert tile in the BFC but that doesn't matter if there's additionnal food.

If you want to settle on T0, SIP and 1S look good. 1NW is possible.
So... Send the warrior 1SW and decide.

Not sure in what direction the landmass extends the most. It could be west or east likewise, even though we see more coast on the east side.

Thanks for the input, guys.

I moved the warrior 1SW and the settler 1S to reveal some more stuff. Here is what we can see now:

Lots and lots of plains basically. Perhaps just SIP was better. At least we are getting marble, and picked up a river. Not really sure what to do; I'm torn. Maybe just settle here.

you would be too far away from the lake farms in the north in my opinion... what about finishing the scouting with moving settler on the PH?

1S of the Marble looks to be coast. The safe bet is settle in the original spot with at least 3 fresh water grass land. Wheat/Cow/Marble/River hills make this a decent worker/settler/troop pump. Hope to pick up more commerce from other cities.

This isn't a cottage bureau capital, but there's really nothing wrong with it. 2 4F tiles early on, excellent production at size 5. With a granary it takes 47 food to grow from size 3 to 5, there's enough food here to consistently whip 2 pop every 10 turns, which is really all that matters. Settle where you are now.

@ABCF

Ugh, you're right, that is coast down there. The blue circle way up north makes me think that is coast as well so we must be on a peninsula.

@JammerUno

I agree that it's not a terrible capital. I'm more worried about the surrounding land, which is why for example I will probably not settle on that PH SE.

@all

I think I will just move back to where I started and settle there. I'm avoiding the PH because I don't trust a gamble on seafood, and a capital growing only on grassland cow is rough. In light of all the hammers, I might try for great wall. I need masonry for the marble eventually anyway. Otoh I could settle the PH and go for TGLighthouse, since it seems we have a lot of coast around us. What you guys think?

You could settle on the marble? That with 3h forest hill will make an early worker pump.

1 north for the extra grassland would not be bad either.

If you're thinking of settling on the marble, then move to the plain hill this turn. Costs nothing and something better might show up. Similarly, if you plan to move back, go to the grass hill instead.

I personally would have settled in place without thinking much about it but at this point it is certainly possible to look for greener pastures.

Top Bottom