Is the ps3 the leading platform or the 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed(however, it wasn't my opinion, but the opinions of nearly every major video game reviewer saying what I did :p)

I much prefer zero porting and for everything to be developed independently(or simultaneously or whatever) for each platform it is being made for.

agreed(however, it wasn't my opinion, but the opinions of nearly every major video game reviewer saying what I did :p)

I much prefer zero porting and for everything to be developed independently(or simultaneously or whatever) for each platform it is being made for.

I think that some games look better on XBOX and some on PS3. If I should try and put some common difference it would be that xbox has more vivid colors and PS3 is a bit more flat. But I don't want vivid colors in all type of games, it makes me feel the game is some kind of barbie world. That said, there is really nothing to complain on when the console that has the worst graphics for a specific game is being played because both look awesome imo.

indeed, and the reason I have a 360 instead of a PS3 has nothing to do with graphics either, its because of the achievements :lol:(well, partly)

and why would a PS3->360 port look better than a 360->PS3 port?

AFAIK, every game that's been released on both systems looked and performed better on the 360, so is it just optimism that makes you say that?

Source please?

lol go to metacritic and read the reviews and review scores for any number of multiplatform games...in nearly all cases the 360 has a higher review score, or it is said somewhere in the review that the 360 version performs better(the only ones I know for sure were higher for the PS3 are Elder Scrolls, Burnout, and possibly Devil May Cry)

Well the PS3 has the Core Processor, so it may run a bit smoother than the 360. But probably not very noticeable.

lol go to metacritic and read the reviews and review scores for any number of multiplatform games...in nearly all cases the 360 has a higher review score, or it is said somewhere in the review that the 360 version performs better(the only ones I know for sure were higher for the PS3 are Elder Scrolls, Burnout, and possibly Devil May Cry)

Maybe because all those xbox magazines likes to give higher scores? ;)

The three versions are being developed simultaneously, no "port" in that sense of the word.

The game engine is common between all three, compiled for each one. The *only* difference between them is the graphics. Those had to be tweaked to fit the requirements for each system.

FWIW, the 360 seems to be the "primary" platform, as that one is where they will provide such things as Game Of The Week.

shouldn't game of the week be available on all platforms, the psnetwork could certainly support such a thing.

Correct, GotW is on all platforms, but only PS3 and Xbox 360 actually post your results to online leaderboards.

Maybe because all those xbox magazines likes to give higher scores? ;)

uh, xbox magazines don't review PS3 games...and vice versa...so the only scores in common are from 'unbiased' sources that review both, and in general the 360 version scores better.

The Core processor isn't as big a boon for gaming as Sony would like you to think...

but what would be unbiased source? EGM? Game Informer? not IGN or gamespot I think...

but what would be unbiased source? EGM? Game Informer? not IGN or gamespot I think...

If you read my posts you can see I don't participate in the console wars, I just state facts about them both. Just send your xbox360 with games to me and I can be your unbiased source :lol:

@Civfan: note I put unbiased in ' '...that's because no source is completely unbiased, however, I'd think there are enough sources that are slightly biased toward either system that they even out...besides, even the sources that lean towards the PS3 tend to say the 360 version runs better/looks better/whatever better, etc.

I think as time goes on, they'll get more even, but I doubt the PS3 ever surpasses the 360 as Sony seems to have wanted everyone to believe.

ah......thank you.....I actually don't even own either of them...... but the 360's got more games...

In response to the topic question, the answer would be the 360 and it cannot be disputed. Regardless of operational ability - of which, the PS3 seems to be the 'best' - the 360 still maintains the largest amount of games available for it. As stated by the wonderful video game reviewer Yahtzee (of escapist magazine) the Wii is geared towards a younger demographic, the PS3 to hardcore gamers, and the 360 to casual gamers. This natural gearing, combined with the sheer volume of games available for the 360 make it the leader of this generation of consoles.

In response to the topic question, the answer would be the 360 and it cannot be disputed. Regardless of operational ability - of which, the PS3 seems to be the 'best' - the 360 still maintains the largest amount of games available for it. As stated by the wonderful video game reviewer Yahtzee (of escapist magazine) the Wii is geared towards a younger demographic, the PS3 to hardcore gamers, and the 360 to casual gamers. This natural gearing, combined with the sheer volume of games available for the 360 make it the leader of this generation of consoles.

This thread has gone somewhat awkward, since the purpose of it was to ask the developers if they were making the game primarily for the XBOX360 or the PS3. And we now know that they have different teams working simultaneously so there is no leading console.

yes, the main question of this thread was answered....I need a 360........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom