Caveman 2 Cosmos

Medieval era, 24 Civ excluding barbarian.

Is there any MOD or modify the code to change Civ4 from single process to multiprocess ? just curious

Not really.

The modders (the AI coders) have done some coding for Multithreading to some of the data Before it enters the Core engine. But the Core Engine is single thread and that is where the main processing is done. No changing that I'm afraid.

JosEPh

sorry f this is a common question, but what's the best way to play music files ingame?

Adding the files to the soundtrack folders does nothing and choosing a music folder from wthin the game will play 4-5 songs then gives the 2d error thing.

Two questions.
Playing C2C version 35 and just played down to the change from BC to AD. Hopefully I can get an answer to two questions that irritae:
Firstly, what is the point of all the foreign missionaries which are for ever cluttering up my lands? Do they serve any useful purpose for the opposition? I keep a small army of highwaymen so they do give a useful delete bonus at 55gp per shot.
Secondly, how do you detect and destroy an enemy assassin?

Many thanks
Alan

Many thanks
Alan

Dog units, ambushers and assassins (probably others too I forget) can see him. However, as long as he can be seen, he can be attacked by any unit, not only those that see 'camouflaged' units.

Also useful, since he can't enter a tile with your units without attacking, is to station strong (or expendable;)) units on bottlenecks and other strategic locations.

Didn't know where to post this so I posted it here. So the AI seems to only have 3 cities and they have been at this state for a very long time. I even used Flexible difficulty to raise my difficulty and they still aren't making cities. What is going on?

Playing on revision 8304.

Two questions.
Playing C2C version 35 and just played down to the change from BC to AD. Hopefully I can get an answer to two questions that irritae:
Firstly, what is the point of all the foreign missionaries which are for ever cluttering up my lands? Do they serve any useful purpose for the opposition? I keep a small army of highwaymen so they do give a useful delete bonus at 55gp per shot.

Many thanks
Alan

Many thanks re: assassins.

Any thoughts about the foreign missionary question? In one recent round I destroyed 22 missionaries (3 rounded up by highwaymen in foreign territory and 'marched' back home). Nice bonus of 1200gp but what function (if any) where they doing?

Alan

Didn't know where to post this so I posted it here. So the AI seems to only have 3 cities and they have been at this state for a very long time. I even used Flexible difficulty to raise my difficulty and they still aren't making cities. What is going on?

They will continue too found cities it just takes to long. This is caused mostly by the balance changes made last august.

After reverting those changes it's much less visible.

Any thoughts about the foreign missionary question? In one recent round I destroyed 22 missionaries (3 rounded up by highwaymen in foreign territory and 'marched' back home). Nice bonus of 1200gp but what function (if any) where they doing?

Alan

I haven't SEEN this behavior but if I did in a game I could find out what they are up to. I would presume, being missionaries, that they are trying to spread their religion but I don't know if they have some kind of crazy AI setting that would cause them to be built for other reasons. Seeing it in-game would help me sort it out.

Seeing it in-game would help me sort it out.

My current save file is attached. I am playing this as a 'sandbox' experiment - simple and basic settings. I hadn't tried C2C for two or three years - however have been quite jaded by more recent offerings such as CIV BE.

One other point I haven't figured oout. What is meant by domination level (I'm being told I regularly exceed it!)?

Cheers Alan

Attachments

• Alan BC-0174-Winter.rar
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
Thanks! It's now on the to-fix list :)

Domination is a victory setting. I presume you're playing on Mastery level. This is basically a positive message meaning you're way ahead of things right now and would've won the game if you were on a domination victory alone (assuming both of 2 conditions are met and this message is indicating which conditions are being met.)

Alan

It's not a bug.

If a Leader in your game has a Religious Trait And you have Mastery or Religious Victory Condition checked And are using Any of the Leader Trait options then that AI leader will build many many Missionaries. Isabel is Famous for her missionary spread as is the 2 Leaders that seem to always get Druidism and Shamanism before anyone else can. And many Leaders have a specific Religion preference built in to their coding thru Religions.

JosEPh

Actually, a leader can have a favorite religion specified in his/her definition XML. This is default Civ IV.

It is an area that needs to be looked at for all mods that use AAranda's extra religions for RoM, like C2C has. They are designed to be used in the same way civics are and you should convert to the one that suits your needs at the time. However the AI for favorite religion is not the same as the AI for favorite civic. In that the AI will most often not convert to a religion if it is not their favorite.

It is an area that needs to be looked at for all mods that use AAranda's extra religions for RoM, like C2C has. They are designed to be used in the same way civics are and you should convert to the one that suits your needs at the time. However the AI for favorite religion is not the same as the AI for favorite civic. In that the AI will most often not convert to a religion if it is not their favorite.

I made this in my megapack and I can review original C2C leaders too and add correct religion/civics.

The problem is that they only have one which puts them at a big disadvantage if that one is a late religion.

I have been looking at a number of other mods and what they say they do with regard to this problem and it is the problem that my "evolving religions" mod is supposed to address but I am having a bit of trouble with the code at the moment. At work I was used to dynamic definitions of some well defined objects and I forgot that this can not happen in Civ IV.

Hey , I rarely play c2c since I got 32x system:)() but still decided to give it a try again and it feels quiet impressive, the civ-bulding experience is fantastic(especialy when you change to some weaker civilizations and start to build empire from there). However I find the AI unit managment exremly weird , he just places the units on the strategic positions(not realy strategic sometimes...) and forgets their existance:
- you besiege his city and the walls are crumbling ? No problem he will still defend this useless fort with a suitable army instead of reinforcing the city.
- he declares war on you/some other AI ? no problem ! maximum you can expect from him is some worthless pack of scouting army , even if it is the most massive civilization on the continent with 0,3 force ratio to you.
- AI just overuse the hurry production option and ends up sinking his own capital to 6 population regulary.

I know there must have been alot of the topics like this, but the forum is realy big and it is hard to track this stuff if I don't come often enough . So please be patient and explain to me how could I get rid at least of some problems in the list ? Victory conditions ? Ruthless AI? Or is it what it is ? =( thanks in advance :goodjob:

Turn off Barbarians and see

Hi, I was thinking if there could be a thread as a sticky where all settings listed with an explenation about what they really do.

I know theres a sticky about peoples favorite settings but its hard to find out information about them in that forum.

BR Loffas

Hi, I was thinking if there could be a thread as a sticky where all settings listed with an explenation about what they really do.

I know theres a sticky about peoples favorite settings but its hard to find out information about them in that forum.

BR Loffas

Good idea. Finding time to do it might be a challenge.

Top Bottom