Rat44 CCM - Ultimate Challenge

Boy... youse guys are just amazing. :eek:

Still reading and still awe struck with how you do this.

AWE and genocide would be brutal :D

Yard work, mom work and work work have been a killer this week. I'll post my process later today.

0 1793 AD

Kyoto: temple in 3 -> academy in 2.
Flip a few taxmen to geeks.
Set continental rally point 2W of Washington.
[IBT]
Berlin: academy -> light industry in 15.
Göteborg: christian community -> american flag in 5.
Supreme Court produces a Lawyer.
Wroclaw: christian community -> american flag in 10.
L'vov: american flag -> christian community in 10.
Tabriz: heavy coastal battery -> vEarlyTank in 2.
Patras: university -> library in 4.
Pfarsalos: light industry -> vAmericanRifleman in 2.
Baruun-Urt: light industry -> vEarlyTank in 3.
Philadelphia: royal barracks -> vAmericanRifleman in 2.
Lublin: american flag -> christian community in 10.
San Francisco: railyard -> light industry in 8.

We slap around some resisters in several cities.

1 1794 AD

Two Babylon 1900Inf 1NE of Xochicalco.
Five Aztec 1900Inf, one Villista, one Mesofirelancer and one Cuahchic 2NE of Xochicalco.
One Aztec 1900Inf 2NE of Teotihuacan.
One Aztec 1900Inf 1NW of Teayo.

War
First Early Tanks are produced.
Gather our forces around Washington; 69 Hotchkiss, 3 Rifle, 4 Early Tank, 2 US Cavalry, 2 Heavy Artillery, a Lawyer and an Aztec Great Artist.

Zeppelin finds Calixtlahuaca (16) of the Aztecs, 3 East of their capital city.

Tenochtitlan
First Early Tank retreats from 1900 Infantry (0 of 1).
Hotchkiss out shoots MesoFirelancer on garrison duty (which I didn't see until after First Early Tank retreated) (1 of 2).
Second Early Tank treads on r1900Infantry (2 of 3).
Third Early Tank retreats (2 of 4).
Add our own garrison nearby.
Two Hotchkiss retreat from 1900 Infantry (2 of 6).
Third one is victorious (3 of 7).
Fourth, five and sixth count coup also too (6 of 10).

Good News

And the Aztec capital is now ours. We gain a slave and 25 gold. And 13 resisters. Our newest city has rails already.
We start an Amercian Flag.

Capturing this city isolates 2 1900 Infantry and a Villista inside new borders.

One Hotchkiss retreats from Tlecuahuitl garrison of Calixtlahuaca (7 of 12).

Calixtlahuaca
Villista retreats two Hotchkiss (7 of 14).
Then it dies (8 of 15).
1900 Infantry falls next (9 of 16).
Villista is mowed down (10 of 17).
Wounded Villista is put out of our misery (11 of 18).

Good News

And the second Aztec capital now reports to us. And British borders expand around us. American Flag in 10.

In 1732 the Aztecs had 12 cities. We have captured ten (Tzintzuntzen, Tula, Teayo, Malinalco, Texcoco, Xochicalco, Cempoala, Teotihuacan and the two this turn).

Unman a Villista garrison (12 of 20). Find Tlaxcala (4) beyond the garrison.
Snuff out a Firelancer and a Villista on the road to Tlaxcala (14 of 22).

Tlaxcala
We lose our first unit taking out the two Villistas defending this city (16 of 25).

Good News

Another source of Ivory, 19 gold and 1 resister; American Flag in 5.

We find Tlacopan (2). It sits on a hill with Saltpeter. Beyond its far borders is Britian. This city is surrounded by hills/mountains.

Culture bomb Tlaxcala to open the pathway to Tlacopan.

Tlacopan
Railed here and forgot that Hotchkisses have trouble in enemy hills. That's just dandy.

This is not the last Aztec city.

Well, that looks like all the city grabbing this turn. Time to mop up the stragglers and grab Aztec workers.

Clean out Aztecs from Teayo.
Kill a worker.
Lawyer captures two slaves.
Leave the stragglers alone. They might be gone by the end of next turn.
Enslaver attacks and kills a worker but produces a Move 1 in the process. Upgrade that slave to worker (Aztec).

Workers
Gather 209 workers, 12 NorthEuropean workers and 47 Move 2 slaves (including Moves Two Now--Rejoice! :D) around the capital.

Miskey Moves Two Now--Rejoice! and :eek: off he goes to road a Coal source on a hill. :)cry: and :wallbash:)

As an IND civ, railing only takes 8 WT instead of 12.

Use some workers to rail to the front line.
[IBT]

Attachments

• .Rat44_1794_AD_Cut08.SAV
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
I was only able to get part of a turn played.

Tlacopan Area, 1794 AD
Spoiler :

MapStat doesn't tell us how many Aztecs cities are left, but there are not many. Two, maybe three. Tlacopan looks out of reach this turn, even with a combat settler. There are 10 Hotchkisses 1W of the city, which is on a hill.

I elected to ignore the Aztec units in our interior in hopes that the civ would be eliminated next turn. In one turn those units can only pillage.

Random Notes
Around the capital are military units and workers/slaves. There is stack of 30 Hotchkiss that I was considering using to quell resistance in Tenochtitlan. We have a stack of mixed wounded 1S of Washinton that can also be used for the same purpose or be allowed to heal with a barracks. They have been on rails all this turn.

The two slaves SE of Boston have been on 1 road tile this turn. The other slaves have not been on roads, just rails. Same is true for the workers.

I did not have a chance to do much with the workers and there are many that are still active and awaiting instructions.

Have not had a chance to rush any buildings in Canada. City improvements are my last task of a turn and I did not get that far.

We lost only one unit, a Hotchkiss, in 25 rounds of combat. We won 16 times and retreated 8 times. No elites fought in any battles, so no MGLs. Two workers became garrisons. One Enslaver victory added a Move1 slave, which was upgraded in Washington to a Move2 slave.

Thanks for getting something done when I couldn't play. :thumbsup:

I've got it.

I will be away Sunday to Thursday of next week on a business trip, so I may need to tak a swap with the next player. I don't think I would be able to play a full round even if I got the game now.

Alternatively, NP could use the time as we are in the slow part of the game now. So NP, if you wanted the full weekend and a few days after, I could pick it up on Thursday. Up to you.

Alternatively, NP could use the time as we are in the slow part of the game now. So NP, if you wanted the full weekend and a few days after, I could pick it up on Thursday. Up to you.

That would suit me well. We're making good progress--the Aztecs gone, Babylon and France on the way out--but I'd like to have the time to do a little more.

I am currently playing an AW demigod game with 'standard' CCM settings on continents. I had started with a continent with a mere 4 nations and had to expand to a nearby bigger continent. The game has been exciting throughout as I am behind in technology to quite a few nations.

Currently, there are 2 really big monsters left with 30+ cities each. I have yet to attack their home land. Am now well into the Industrial Era technologies using some simple planes, ironclads, tanks, submarines etc, but it is rough going to try and invade another continent that is technologically on par. I was beaten to Hoover just this turn (I still needed 6 turns).

So, not all games play out the same way, the AWDG setting playing a big part.

I've finished playing, though I'm out of time to do the report. I'll post in time for Greebley to play this evening (Thursday).

1794 (1): The British are our natural next target, but we have a luxury deal with them that lasts another three turns--the point being honourable play, not that we need the lux. We can do too much in three turns now to wait, so it'll have to be the Babylonians. We safe-steal Babylon's map (2556 gold)...and find that the northern part of our continent is a real mess in terms of our getting clean eliminations, with the final Aztec city behind three Babylonian cities and a Babylonian city behind all of France. (Neither city is visible in the screenshot.)

We comb an entire extra army--32 US cav, 28 American riflemen, 7 Hotchkisses, 5 specialized units including artillery, and even a hussar--out of cities in areas long since conquered. In a game on this scale it's easy to forget a whole lot of units. :D

We have a fair number of uncommitted units and there's no reason to wait, so we declare war on Babylon, after they unfortunately obey a boot order.

Our first attack on Babylon brings this result...

.....but the Maya are on the other continent, so it shouldn't matter.

We already have a garrison properly placed to support our attack on the border town of Kirkuk, and our Hotchkisses take it from its two defending 1900 inf without loss, though with many retreats (2-0).

We flatten an Aztec Villista on our route to Nippur, capturing a worker (3-0).

We build the garrison for our attack on Nippur. From now on I'll only mention our garrisons if we aren't able to build them.

We remove Nippur's garrison (in the special CCM sense), held by a rifleman (4-0).

We storm Nippur, held by two 1900 inf, though we lose two Hotchkisses (6-2).

Our Hotchkisses seize Lagash, again with numerous retreats but no losses (garrison of two 1900 inf; 8-2).

We unhorse a Babylonian cav on the road to Uruk (9-2).

Uruk is a difficult objective because we can't neutralize its garrison, but we capture it from its three defending 1900 inf for the loss of three Hotchkisses (12-5). We capture a supply shipment.

Here and there on the Babylonian front we pick off three inf, a cav, and a heavy artillery (17-5).

We upgrade 32 US cav to Hotchkisses.

We rush various improvements to free our core coastal cities to build a navy.

The opportunities to sell our techs are almost gone, because the laggards rarely have much money, but we send Corporation to Austria for 1173 gold and 110 gpt, and Compound Steam Engine to Arabia for 2764 gold and 62 gpt.

We repel three scattered Babylonian attacks (20-5).

1795 (2): We begin on the Aztec front, taking Tlacopan for the loss of two Hotchkisses (held by a 1900 inf and two Villistas; 23-7).

Outside Uruk one of our lawyers probates a cavalryman's will and gains a Great Artist, making the following manoeuvre possible (24-7).

We should be able to take the final Aztec town in a four-city sequence, Besançon-Shuruppak-Nancy-Tamuin, since each place is only four tiles from the next and Hotchkisses can cover the distance with only one culture bomb needed:

We storm Babylonian Besançon, held by two inf and a cav (26-7).

We culture-bomb Kirkuk, solving a problem with Besançon’s being cut off within Babylonian borders.

We seize Shuruppak, held by two inf, for the loss of a Hotchkiss (28-8).

We remove the garrison of Babylonian Nancy, held by a musketman, at the cost of a Hotchkiss (29-9).

We capture Nancy, held by two inf, for the loss of a Hotchkiss (31-10).

Holding Nancy still doesn't let us attack Tamuin, because it's cut off by the borders of Tamuin and French Tours. Fortunately we're already at war with France, so we attack Tours, with this result:

Top Bottom