Pitboss & additional Multiplayer Modes coming with BNW.

callan

Warlord
From an interview recently:

Kate Distler (2K Community Team): .... Dennis, what can you tell us about multiplayer?

Dennis Shirk (Senior Producer, Firaxis Games): Well, we've got a full multiplayer team for this expansion, which is really nice, and they attacked a few different options. We've done a lot of polish, a lot of bugfixing. We've got some new turn modes. We've got an observer mode so you can go in and watch a game. We've got sequential turn mode. We've got a hybrid mode that actually lets you all play at the same time but when combat occurs and stuff like that it actually switches to turn mode and then goes back to regular at-the-same-time mode after it's done. And, obviously, the long, long awaited Pitboss. So there's a lot of great things that are coming out. And it's not just for Brave New World, those are going to be patched into all versions of the game, whether it's base game, Gods & Kings or Brave New World, it's coming out for all of them.

What do you guys think, am I being too optimistic in expecting this to ship at the same as BNW? It's been a long wait already....

A new patch is coming soon for mp before BNW release. Time to test the new modes!

Sadly pitboss is still a promise, so GMR is still the best solution so far.

It landed for many, and hopefully the fixes will make MP more stable and allow larger games....time will tell. But Pitboss is a fail right now, they made it a check box in the advanced settings and not a stand alone app. Therefore a pitboss host right now has to burn up their steam login for weeks to host a pitboss games.....and who wants to do that? Who ever made this decision at Firaxis is definitely and never played or learned from the Civ4 Pitboss app. I really wish Soren had never left Firaxis, he would never had made a decision like this.

CS

I only play on one computer so its not like I am "burning" any longs....

I don't think you understood my comment, if you host a Civ5 pitboss game, you can't play Civ5 or any other Steam game, for the weeks that it takes to finish a Pitboss Civ5 MP game.

CS

I don't think you understood my comment, if you host a Civ5 pitboss game, you can't play Civ5 or any other Steam game, for the weeks that it takes to finish a Pitboss Civ5 MP game.

CS

Wow, that is ludicrous!

I don't get this image.
Explain please or delete your posts...

He probably means that Civ4 had a pitboss function that is equal or better than whats currently on offer for CiV BNW

Technological backwards step, pretty much par for the course from Firaxis

Top Bottom