Getting a good Pitboss game going ...

NCommander

Chieftain
So with the release of pitboss mode, I'd be interested in breaking in pitboss, and getting a good game of Civ5 running. I've always found Civ much more interesting when playing against the computer, and while the lack of dedicated server kinda sucks, I do have a machine I can leave Civ5 running in the background even if I'm not currently playing, and I play offline on the laptop for a SP fix.

I'd like to get a group who's around roughly Pacific time, and could mostly get together on weekends, 6-10PM local time (this is also up for discussion), with the pitboss server always being up for some ad-hoc play (I just don't want the game taking years to finish :)). Here's the settings I was thinking, but I'm open to discussion on any of this.

Game Type: Hybrid (turns are similatious except for people who are at war)
Size: Large or Huge (AIs filling in for any player shortages)
Map Type: Shuffle
Victory Conditions: All
Players can choose their own civilizations. For AIs, we'll vote or set them to random.

Post here, or drop me a steam invite (NCommander) if you're interested.

I'm always up for a Pitboss game, but your time zone is not good for me.

When/if Firaxis releases the stand-alone Pitboss application, I will start a Pitboss game in EU timezone.

I'm always up for a Pitboss game, but your time zone is not good for me.

When/if Firaxis releases the stand-alone Pitboss application, I will start a Pitboss game in EU timezone.

Time zones don't matter for Pitboss, the "server" is ran 24/7 and you can login at any time, that is the whole point of Pitboss.

CS

Time zones don't matter for Pitboss, the "server" is ran 24/7 and you can login at any time, that is the whole point of Pitboss.

CS

With players in the same TZ game progresses faster because you often manage to do multiple turns in the same day, while with players in different TZ if everything goes well you do 1 turn per day.

Not that I am against slow games that last for long time, if I can find enough people who are ok with that.

Top Bottom