Genghis Khan

boazman

Chieftain
I don't know if anyone had done that already, but I am thinking, is it possible to incorporate the unique 'Camp unit' in the Genghis Khan scenario into normal game?

I like playing the world map, but it is difficult to simulate the effect of central-asian nomads on its surrounding civilizations. If I can make the Mongols less likely to settle and more likely to attack it may create that kind of feel - keep Chinese, Russian and Persian in defense position, thus balance the game a bit.

Any help?

Thanks for helping.

I've searched this forum for "nomad" and I've read about people discussing that matter as well. I guess I'll just alter the map. Thx.

I dont know if anyone has noticed but there is a section of XML in the unitinfos.xml that goes like this

<TerrainNatives/>
<FeatureNatives/>

The only units that use this piece of xml are animals to determine where they originate from. My attempt at altering it so units can be created randomly by using this piece of xml failed however I decided to point this out to those who are interested and more talented at modding than myself.

I think game balance is an issue too. Consider that the camp is really a percent chance of a unit spawning, while the basic game is the more hammers your city generates, the faster a unit is spawned. I think it'd be more efficient to simply write a new scenario, modding the camp unit, but not the tech captures.

AFAIK, the problem here is how the mongol-AI would use his camps. For all we know it will simply keep moving them around and never spawn a unit.

They should spawn a unit eventually, though, as from what I remember, moving only decreases the chance of a unit spawning.

One possibility, though, is that the AI will just leave the unit where it is, just like a stationary city, as the AI "where I come from" does if it doesn't know what to do.

I've noticed the AI likes to incessantly move units if it has nothing to do with the unit and thats why I turn off view ally/enemy moves because half my game is watching them move ships and units in the same 4 squares over and over.

My experience from playing the Genghis Khan scenario as a different civ (mostly as Korea) is that the AI adequately protects the camp units but at the same time goes exploring with the camp units. Because the AI protected the camps but used them to explore they occupied three spaces on the map, and never warred

Top Bottom