Guide to civ5 multiplayer

Excellent guide KM!!!!! That's an amazing amount of time you've put in.
Your an huge asset to the MP community:)

Thanks a lot for this great guide. Helped a lot to get me started with MP.

NqCivViking

Thanks a lot, many good advice.
I do have a question though; if I start a MP with a friend through Steam, I can see the score and names of all the other AI Civs. In a SP game I have to 'meet' them first. Is there a way to work around this, so it remains a mystery in MP too?

I do have a question though; if I start a MP with a friend through Steam, I can see the score and names of all the other AI Civs. In a SP game I have to 'meet' them first. Is there a way to work around this, so it remains a mystery in MP too?

Don't think so. Only thing in the options is to display this list in SP, I think.

If you want to see all the civs names and scores from the start. Start a multiplayer LAN game against all AI players. You will be playing SP in MP mode.

Um, or you could just tick the box on the options menu that allows you to see these from the start in SP. :D

He wants to know who the other players are and what their scores are right away. In SP, they are listed as unmet player until you meet them.

...unless you tick the box under options which makes them show up immediately, just like in MP. :crazyeye:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I what I meant is that I do not want to see all the other Civs (including score) in MP if I haven't met them yet. I want it to be the same as in a normal SP game. But I guess that's not possible then, but thx for the replies.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I what I meant is that I do not want to see all the other Civs (including score) in MP if I haven't met them yet. I want it to be the same as in a normal SP game. But I guess that's not possible then, but thx for the replies.

Yeah, I had the same reaction. I played Civ 5 multiplayer for the first time last night, and it kinda bothered me that I could see everyone's Civ. I guess with out-of-character chat there's no point in hiding it though.

And that game didn't even last one turn. Sigh. Now I remember why I don't like playing Civ Multiplayer except for LAN. :p

Edit: Also, acjvanv, love your idea for the UB. Much better than a coffee house lol.

my first MP game....i think it was fast move......
1- i had 893893893 luxury resources where can i sell my luxuries???
2- combat sucks....

Just a note: if you are coming to a steam chat room try and stay more than 1 min :-/ If players don't stay there is no players staying for games. Tonight I literally saw 30 players come into CP Chat and stay one min and leave...that's alot of games not being played :-/

CS

Has there been any major changes with/since BNW was released that affects multiplayer?

ive come back to play again some civ multi where are the places to be to find ppl? still no quitters and cpl?

ive come back to play again some civ multi where are the places to be to find ppl? still no quitters and cpl?

Better late than never I suppose.
NQ are still around, good luck finding games with them but due to fall patch I am sure many will pick it up again just to try out the changes and then the game will quietly die down again.

OCC is still as popular as ever and there are plenty of steam chats dedicated to that alone.

Giant Multiplayer Robot has seriously died down but due to the slower speed and less pressure to "hurry up and take your turn, 5 seconds have passed ohmehgurd!" it is still the best on offer by far.

I find it a real shame as BNW makes Civ5 a wonderful game to play, if only you could find people to play it with.

Note it's possible to revert from the beta patch to the previous version. I just did it last night.

1) Right click on Civ5 in Steam Library.
2) Go to properties option
3) Go to Betas tab
4) On dropdown box, select something like "Opt out of betas"

Top Bottom