Massive delay at end turn phase starting around turn 25.

lovepack

Chieftain
My friends and I have been playing G&K for the past few months without any real issue then with the most recent patch prior to BNW we all started getting this 15-30 second delay after all of us hit end turn. It has gotten to the point where we spend more time watching the little globe spin than with our turns. It happens every time independent of who hosts. I've searched through reddit, steam and now civfanatics for anyone with a similar issue and was able to only find one other individual just as clueless as us. We had hoped with the release of BNW it would be fixed but it was not and has rendered the multiplayer experience unplayable so now we all just play the singleplayer. Any ideas about how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

My friends and I are also having this issue. However, we have had this issue even before BNW, but with BNW it is much much worse. Once everyone hits "Next turn" it just hangs for 30sec-4minutes. It's utterly game breaking. It has been an issue that has plagued our multiplayer games for months.

the whole multiplayer has been a giant joke from the beginning :(

to put it in perspective, some developers make real time strategy games that essentially play 30 turns a second with a lot more going on

the whole multiplayer has been a giant joke from the beginning :(

to put it in perspective, some developers make real time strategy games that essentially play 30 turns a second with a lot more going on

You would think they would improve this. I could easily see Civ V becoming a E-gaming thing like LoL, if they only fixed their Multiplayer. It is, and has always been, completely broken. Insane next turn lag for most people with no forum-makeshift-fixes working. Cant play huge maps with 8-10 ai and 2 friends cuz that would make the game die at turn 10. I love Civ V singleplayer and wish i could love Civ V multiplayer, but the dev's just dont put in the effort needed to make this game good.

Pre-BNW, this would happen if one player has a slow computer. You cannot play the next turn until all computers catch up.

To see if this bug is consistent, have your players play a few 1v1 matches and see if the 30 second delay stays for all games.

Indeed, computer speed might affect this. Also check if there are other factors, maybe one of you has a download program going or something? Maybe a firewall causing problems?

I play multiplayer very regularly (I only play multiplayer), but it's always fine.

Is this an old save or a new game? If it is an old save then that is probably the issue.

CS

Is this an old save or a new game? If it is an old save then that is probably the issue.

CS

New games and it seems to be happening less frequently but it still happens from time to time. When it does we just remake the game and change hosts and it will *usually go away now.

Civilization V seems to put a lot of work on the CPU. I am not exactly sure what is going on here, because most of it seems like very simple arithmetic. I have always had lag issues even in single player when the game gets big enough and the map large enough for it to start happening.

I've noticed it as well, and it seems to get worse as time goes on and there's more stuff to do... Even though at the end of the turn, everything is done for everyone, including AI, and it should move to the next turn.
I started wondering today if it's because we're playing Hybrid turns... I haven't tried a non-Hybrid game yet, but I'm going to... I'm tired of moving when I meant to attack barbarians!

Top Bottom