The East Indies

Hey CivLucas!
Any plans of updating this mod?

Hello everyone, i'll take some time to answer the questions ^^

@ Solsurvivor85
It's quite hard to add new resources, so I'm waiting for the 1492 mod ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=331867 ) to be released and then I could use the extra resources in that mod.

@ Pistoldreng
I'm sorry for that :p Easy fix: rename the correct mp3 file to: SwedishKing . Then replace the old SwedishKing.mp3 in \The East Indies 2.16\Assets\Sounds\Diplomacy\ with the new file.

@ Babri
go to Program Files\ ... \Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\ the double click on "_Civ4CustomMods" (it's a shortcut to the mod folder) extract to that folder.

@ AbsintheRed
I tried to merge my mod with Dale's mod some time ago, but it didn't work -_- . So now i'm kinda waiting for the before stated 1492 mod. But there's also a chance that there's not going be an update at all, university starts next year and Civ5 is coming out ^^

I really hope you will find some time to update this awesome mod...

There is a bug in V2.16 which causes the game to crash, I have saved a game just 2 turns before the crash. If you need the saved game to solve the bug I will gladly help.

@ AbsintheRed
I tried to merge my mod with Dale's mod some time ago, but it didn't work -_- . So now i'm kinda waiting for the before stated 1492 mod. But there's also a chance that there's not going be an update at all, university starts next year and Civ5 is coming out ^^

Hi CivLucas.

I tried your mod today, and i found that there is many good things inside. I understand that merging Dale's work into your own mod is too much work, but maybe you could look into some points to improve the whole thing. I would suggest :
- "balancing" some values such as education increase, number of months/turn (i would suggest downgrading to 6, considering your giant map size and the "continent" real size). Those changes should not be really hard to do (and actually, i did them already myself).
- including the economic and industrial victory conditions from AoDII, since they fit East Indies perfectly (a bit more tricky to do, could require Dale's help to size back all the lines he put everywhere or so).
- should you find the time, you should look into this founding father thing and eventually add the "lower grade buildings" thing from Dale.

Actually you've done way better than i would ever have, i only regret this little "unfinished" taste. Keep it coming! ;)

Make it to where there is also Sweden and Russia ! You can't forget Delaware (YES--Sweden) nor Alaska (OMG--RUSSIA!!)!

hi there. love this mod and lost it during a crash. when i tried to replace it tho, the download site link is not working (file does not appear to be hosted there any longer).

please re-up--

hi there. love this mod and lost it during a crash. when i tried to replace it tho, the download site link is not working (file does not appear to be hosted there any longer).

please re-up--

The latest version I have is 1.12, I could post that for download for you unless someone else has an later version.

I've downloaded the MOD but I can't get it to work. I'm playing on a Mac with a game from Steam.

Has anyone succeeded using this MOD with those specs?

It's so sad this mod is no longer developed. I would love at least to see realistic tribe and city placement on the map... The concept of East indies is VERY unappreciated, under the shadow of Americas, yet it has its own importance...

I'm having a devil of a time getting this mod to work.

I had an old install of the game, with the East Indies Mod, when I got back into Civ4Col earlier this week, but when I began a game as the Danes, I found that I couldn't build anything in my new colonies except wagons. No building options at all. Meanwhile, the base game became corrupted as well. Delete. Reinstall.

Now I need to figure out how to install the East Indies Mod for the very first time again.

I extract the files to the MODS folder in my Civ4Col general directory, but when I try to start the game, I get a whole bunch of error files telling me that the building files can't be found, and the game quits to desktop.

Are there any install instructions? Assume I'm a moron. I've just installed the vanilla game and patched it up. Now what? Many thanks in advance!

Okay; now I've got it installed in the right place (My Documents and such), but when I try to load a new game as the Danish West India Company, it crashes to the desktop. A bunch of info classes are missing when it first loads up.

Do I need to extract particular files from the .rar to specific places in the Civ4Col folder other than the Mods folder?

I opened the .rar and dragged the contents into the Mods folder wholesale.

Starting a new game, I find that I get as far as game initiation, but that I then crash to the desktop due to the game's inability to find key info files.

I signed up to CivFanatics forum just to complement on a job well done by the modders on this work, as well as to express regret that due to the volatility that is Internet policies that both 2.16 and 2.17 are now lost in downloads. Does anyone have a mirror/reupload of the files, preferably both but the latter (unstable) one is appreciated.

If I was at home in Canada on my home computer, I would've uploaded the 2.16 I had.

I've just re-installed Civ 4 & Civ 4 Colonization. The East Indies mod was always one of my favorite mods to play.

I found the link for 2.16 is working again, so thank you to whomever re-upped it.

I've just re-installed Civ 4 & Civ 4 Colonization. The East Indies mod was always one of my favorite mods to play.

I found the link for 2.16 is working again, so thank you to whomever re-upped it.

Sorry but ¿Where do u find that link? And if u have can u spare it? Thanx.

Does anyone have a copy of 2.16, 2.17 or both? Mine is corrupted and looking to download again.

Many thanks for your trouble!

Top Bottom