Modern Alliances

It's just the normal one.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 225
@DaCubz;

Sorry for the delay, I was sick for a couple days. Well, infantry/mg costs. In "real" terms, what we need to do is figure out what volume of manpower England was able to send into France after the various bloodbaths, and from that determine what the needed "training" time was for a given number of men- assuming of course that it is possible to translate a single 'unit' in Civ into a given number of soldiers. England committed 5,400,000 soldiers to Flanders & France over the 4 years of the war.

In practice, if the men were needed, their training would just be shortened of course. So, it depends upon how "realistic" you feel the scenario should be. &, I'm just using England as a test case because it is relatively easy to judge her production values, as well as the fact that she should be able to be the pre-eminent naval power, at least until such time as America decides to invest her production in surpassing her.

I suppose if 4 of her 8 cities are building ships for ~15 months, the other 4 should be able to build units at a sufficient rate to compensate for the units the other cities would be raising, since a Real city could "build" more than one thing at a time. So, whatever the "rate/cost" of infantry turns out to be, it should likely be discounted by up to 50% to compensate.

The downside is if you had an England that did not Want to build ships, she could raise twice as much manpower as she otherwise could have. Many pros & cons to consider.

It's just the normal one.
No idea, it should work, that is very odd, something is wrong with your game:confused:

try my eurocentrism mod and see if that works, depending on that it can help to solve the problem (link below)
@DaCubz;

Sorry for the delay, I was sick for a couple days. Well, infantry/mg costs. In "real" terms, what we need to do is figure out what volume of manpower England was able to send into France after the various bloodbaths, and from that determine what the needed "training" time was for a given number of men- assuming of course that it is possible to translate a single 'unit' in Civ into a given number of soldiers. England committed 5,400,000 soldiers to Flanders & France over the 4 years of the war.

In practice, if the men were needed, their training would just be shortened of course. So, it depends upon how "realistic" you feel the scenario should be. &, I'm just using England as a test case because it is relatively easy to judge her production values, as well as the fact that she should be able to be the pre-eminent naval power, at least until such time as America decides to invest her production in surpassing her.

I suppose if 4 of her 8 cities are building ships for ~15 months, the other 4 should be able to build units at a sufficient rate to compensate for the units the other cities would be raising, since a Real city could "build" more than one thing at a time. So, whatever the "rate/cost" of infantry turns out to be, it should likely be discounted by up to 50% to compensate.

The downside is if you had an England that did not Want to build ships, she could raise twice as much manpower as she otherwise could have. Many pros & cons to consider.

Could have sworn i responded to this :mad: chances you can post the excel document asap? the UU's arent necessary yet but the unit classes are

Hai! Will do as soon as I get home, so by midnight Chicago time.

Its going to look different than you might expect, but the values and numbers all work out.

Ok, this should be the file as-is, without all UUs as requested.

Build costs are Large, as they attempt to reproduce accurate build times. (based on a 300 hammer city)

Movement capability is Also large, as they attempt to reproduce accurate travel times.

NOTE; Accurate build & travel times do no guarantee a Playable game.

I have been thinking about this a lot as I've gone through my books gathering data on the missing UUs. With "real world" movement speeds, the German fleet could sortie from Wilhelmshaven, bombard the English coast, and return safely to port with ZERO chance of the English intercepting them. Also, realistic Build times mean that one city will Only be able to work on one thing for a long time, when in fact real world cities can produce many things at the same time.

In short, I am not sure my "ideal" scheme for naval units will work. It will require playtesting, or perhaps your own experience is sufficient to foresee the results already. Never the less, here is the start of my idea.

Attachments

• Naval.rar
    3.1 KB · Views: 242
C13, the unit classes are placed in, and im almost done putting in the German navy, then I will put in the British, then the rest to follow

any chance you can prove me information on where most of these ships should be docked to start the game (August 1914), right now I'm just putting them all in one city and i will spread them out later, but can you possibly tell me where these units should be for each country?

A fascinating question! I'll try to look those up tonight. The lesser naval powers will be the tricky ones.

The UUs I didn't do just have generic stats for their class type now, correct?

I am having an unfortunate issue with my DSL at home, and its preventing me from downloading anything that takes longer than 2 or 3 minutes, so at the moment I very much apologize, I can't even help test the Naval values I designed and love. :(

The low values of the smaller ships was designed to correct an issue with scaling and with shore bombardment. Now a destroyer if Attacked by the guns of a dreadnaught should get pulverized, while a Dreadnaught attacked by the torpedoes of a destroyer is a much more even affair. Also, a destroyer will now do much less meaningful damage to a land unit in a bombardment attack.

Minor naval Powers aren't as important, its just currently I have the entire German navy in Hamburg, and I will spread it out later, but if I could spread it out in a somewhat realistic fashion that would be good

currently there are no UU's. Basically what I did was put all of the Units in with the default classes, so all of the ships in the German navy are already in, All of them. Since UU will take some time my initial release won't have UU's. Once I release it, I will start to add UU's and as I do I will just switch the units already in into the correct UU.

Well Jane's Fighting Ships will take care of Germany easily enough. The beginning of the section details their bases, and I'm fairly certain it will have berthings. I'll check.

---
In the most amazingly stupid stroke of fate, I can't find my Janes, the most important & period resource I have. -.-

I'll try to piece it together otherwise.

When an F6F is builded, the game crash, it only happens with it and no other unit, why? i know this place was not touched since a long time ago, but i still want to find an answer for this

Top Bottom