Random Events list

i just got the Warships quest for the first time. i'm impatient so i looked up the reward, since i get a bonus if i own the GLH and it should be done in 4 turns. anyway, i think you have a mix-up here between pre-reqs and obsoletion!

Quest13:
Warships
Prereq: SAILING and METAL_CASTING
Obsolete: NATIONALISM or PRINTING_PRESS or EDUCATION or GUNPOWDER or ASTRONOMY AND Map has at least 55% water tiles

or can the map really get more water tiles as the game progresses? *giggle*

why oh why is this thread not stickied?

i just got the Warships quest for the first time. i'm impatient so i looked up the reward, since i get a bonus if i own the GLH and it should be done in 4 turns. anyway, i think you have a mix-up here between pre-reqs and obsoletion!

Quest13:
Warships
Prereq: SAILING and METAL_CASTING
Obsolete: NATIONALISM or PRINTING_PRESS or EDUCATION or GUNPOWDER or ASTRONOMY AND Map has at least 55% water tiles

or can the map really get more water tiles as the game progresses? *giggle*

why oh why is this thread not stickied?
:lol: maybe the map keeps changing on you ;)
:thanx:

No, there were some changes.

Some of Solver's Events have a zero chance of occurring, like Rabbi, Golden Buddha, and Preaching Researcher. They appear to be really beneficial...but are these triggered by Python scripts?

In any case, I'd like to add a couple more so that every religion has its own event before enabling them, just to make sure it's fair.

No, those events are just disabled. You may well enable them :)

An event for every religion will be a part of my event mod.

Sounds interesting...I hope you don't code all of my ideas (okay, I have six and I think they are pretty solid). I got to have something to present in my Minimal Mod!

There are hardly any ideas that I implemented exactly as they were suggested, I'm annoying that way, I tend to change that stuff :)

a couple days ago i got the Warships quest for the first time. the task there is "Build default number of players for this world size Triremes (7 for standard)"

i finished it, and waited but didn't get a message that i was done. i made sure it wasn't obsolete. i checked the log, and my statistics page, and it clearly said Triremes Built 7 (or whatever the number was). however, by the time i built the last one, i'd already upgraded 2 to caravels. so statistics was showing Current 5, Built 7. that wasn't enough to get credit, i had to actually have 7 in my possession to finish the quest. which seemed odd to me, the game uses the word Built there doesn't it? but that probably isn't a bug, just vague phrasing.

if i was in charge of the world, i'd also tweak the wording of some to make it clear that UUs count. like, when you have to build caravels for Harbormaster, a note that if you're Joao, carracks count. i know it now, since i had it as him (and the fast movement kicked pirate booty!!!), but when i first saw it i wasn't sure i would qualify.

but the real reason i'm posting yet again is that yesterday i failed a quest because an AI finished it first :eek:! i'd never had that happen before, altho i knew it was possible in theory. it was national sports league, for collosseums, and zara built his while i was goofing off (i didn't have SoZ, so i knew i wouldn't get a golden age so i didn't make it a priority). what a brat!

ps to Solver...
Spoiler :
There are hardly any ideas that I implemented exactly as they were suggested, I'm annoying that way, I tend to change that stuff :)
is that the only way you're annoying? *giggle* :hide:

Unique units at least count - I've done Elite Swords with Gallic Warriors and War Chariots with War Chariots. Upgrading counts - I've done Noble Knights by upgrading Immortals. The question is not about training nor about specific unit, but rather about having such number of units of specific type (eg. for Noble Knights you need Knight -type units, which includes Camel Archers and so on) in your possession at one time.

Unique units at least count - I've done Elite Swords with Gallic Warriors and War Chariots with War Chariots. Upgrading counts - I've done Noble Knights by upgrading Immortals. The question is not about training nor about specific unit, but rather about having such number of units of specific type (eg. for Noble Knights you need Knight -type units, which includes Camel Archers and so on) in your possession at one time.

yeah i figured both of those things out. they could explain it better is what i mean. i'd have waited on upgrading my triremes if i'd known *giggle*. since it says "you must build" i figured i had to build from scratch but once they were built then i could do whatever i wanted. i'd never have tried upgrading to the knights for that quest, thanks for the tip!

yes, the game just checks every turn if the required buildings/units are present, it does not keep a tally of builds - so whether you pop the triremes from a hut :mischief: or they are gifted to you or they come into existence by divine intervention (i.e. worldbuilder :evil:) or you actually build them it will need to have the required number present when it checks to complete the quest successfully - the text could be more specific, but I assume that they just thought that people would just build the stuff as soon as possible and not think about actually using them :)

Guess who else upgraded triremes as he was building them the first time faced with a quest? :)

guess who researched too far while he was busily building swordsmen?
I didn't remember the number, checked the quest tab, and ... no quest :eek:.
Looked in the log and saw I had failed the quest 200 years ago. Me and my research ;).

Failing Elite Swords due to research seems hard - or wait, it's until Middle Ages and you can get there with Oracle?
War Chariots is annoying, IMHO, as I can't get even IW before building 10 Chariots. Classical age comes so early to obsolete the quest :(

Combining promotions might be game breaking. Out of interest I have tried to break it by triggering events manually using debug console.

How do you trigger events in the debug console?

Code:
gc.getPlayer(player#).trigger(event#)
In SP games, human player is always player 0. Event numbers you have to check - they're simply enumerated from the XML, and can be found by eg.
Code:
gc.getInfoTypeForString("EVENTTRIGGER_BOWYER")

Top Bottom