Guess the New Civs

Proparly diplomatic because of their unique ability

Anybody thinx it could be gilgamesh as last new leader ?

But their Unique Ability conflicsts with Diplo Victory

Their unique ability is peacefully conquering City States. But then again if you have to mention it liek somebody said earlier on, it's useful against countering-enemy votes (i.e Siam's alliance with Jersualem for example, Austria could conquer Jersualem)

The more and more I find about this expansion the more I start to think that there will not be another expansion after it. They added all the major features and did their fixes, all that's really remaining is other civs to added - most likely through DLC

The more and more I find about this expansion the more I start to think that there will not be another expansion after it. They added all the major features and did their fixes, all that's really remaining is other civs to added - most likely through DLC

Just how a lot of people thought there wouldn't be an expansion at all.

lisbon a city state. mercantile most likely that is.

It won't be Portugal,
yeah, i was only about half serious about portugal, but i did forget about lisbon being a city-state, so thank you.

but I think you're right about Sumer. I'm a bit disappointed though. I really wanted the Zulu back in the game, and Sumer is entirely uninteresting to me. It is too similar geographically to Babylon. The game really needs to include more than one more African civ at this point.

Australia, as some have mentioned as a possibility, would also be entirely uninteresting to me too. Although Polynesia is silly, it also provides the opportunity for an extremely unique ability. Australia does not do that. What would make Australia so unique? It's a modern nation without any claim to any status of a super power or anything close to it, nor anything that makes it even unique. They might as well add Canada to it then.

I think another possibility would be another Native American civilization or South American civilization, but still thinking that it's going to be Sumer.
yeah, sumer's always been kind of bland in these games, but i thought the same thing about russia until this incarnation, so anything is possible.
agreed on australia.
i'd like another native american civ, but i'm thinking sumer.
I think Kongo or Tupi would be good choice. We dont have civs that get UA bonus from jungles - these civs could be good "jungle civs".

Australia or Canada would be just horrible. They are represented well enough with England, France and Celts. They would be very uninteresting civs. They dont have unique language or culture and their own history is very short. Even if we had 50 civs in the game I would not include Canada or Australia.

When we are talking about India I would like to have Asoka as their leader.
do we know the mayan ability? if not, they could fit with jungles. and to be fair, jaguars get a jungle bonus, even though they're a uu and not a ua.
again, agreed on australia and canada.
and agreed on india.
i don't know, i'm sure there will still be some things they can add. ui fixes, etc. you may be right and everything else can just be added in patches, but i don't know.

Im thinking they could make more Scenario focused expansion that would also add more stuff to the future era. There are lots of possibilities for scenarios. They could also add more leaders to existing civs. Random events could also be added allthough I doubt it.

What I would like to have is mercenaries and/or unique units for militaristic city states.

yeah, i was only about half serious about portugal, but i did forget about lisbon being a city-state, so thank you.

yeah, sumer's always been kind of bland in these games, but i thought the same thing about russia until this incarnation, so anything is possible.
agreed on australia.
i'd like another native american civ, but i'm thinking sumer.

do we know the mayan ability? if not, they could fit with jungles. and to be fair, jaguars get a jungle bonus, even though they're a uu and not a ua.
again, agreed on australia and canada.
and agreed on india.

i don't know, i'm sure there will still be some things they can add. ui fixes, etc. you may be right and everything else can just be added in patches, but i don't know.

I believe the Mayans get Calendar related bonuses, not sure what it exaclty does.

IMO There are only four qualifications for civilizationdom.

1: having a complex civilization (Maya)

2: Being a factor in a key event Huns and (hopefully Zulu)

3: Being an important empire

4: Being romanticized

With that I say The Khmer, Ethiopia, and Sumer

Another ancient civ like the Assyrians, Akkadians, or Hittites for instance, would be much more interesting to me than Sumer. The Akkadians would not be much different either, but they have not been used before. Its just that playing Sumer in civ 3 and 4 to me was boring. Anyway, we already have Babylon we don't really need Sumer. I hope they suprise us with something new and interesting.

Not sure why, but I have a feeling that civs that have been featured as cameos in scenarios probably won't be in the main game (possibly because it would conflict with their abilities/units in those scenarios). That rules out the Normans, Norwegians and Saxons (1066), Hittites and Sumeria (Wonders of the Ancient World), Hiva, Tonga and Samoa (Paradise Found), or the Jurchens (Samurai Invasion of Korea).

Having said that, checking the Wiki Byzantium was in the Mongol scenario (which makes sense), so I could well be wrong. And admittedly, of the above only the Hittites, Sumerians and possibly the Normans are plausible civs to add to the game.

I believe the Mayans get Calendar related bonuses, not sure what it exaclty does.

Do they have to end the game by 2012 rather than 2050, I wonder?

(Yes, I know the Mayan calendar really does include dates post-2012, but that would spoil the joke).

Im thinking they could make more Scenario focused expansion that would also add more stuff to the future era. There are lots of possibilities for scenarios. They could also add more leaders to existing civs. Random events could also be added allthough I doubt it.

I'm disappointed there aren't more scenarios included. I'd eventually like to see scenarios representing each of the civs in the game, though that's unlikely.

What I would like to have is mercenaries and/or unique units for militaristic city states.

Unique units would be a good idea and tie in well thematically with the unique luxuries from mercantile states. I doubt it will happen in the expansion, though - the new unit roster seems pretty likely to be filled with new general units and at least 9 UUs, without space left for a UU for each of (presumably, although Tyre is turning mercantile and Edinburgh, and possibly Dublin, will have to be replaced by a new state) half a dozen militaristic CSes.

The trouble is, jungles are poor tiles to work until Education - it would penalise a civ to give it a bonus that's reliant on settling near lots of jungle. And giving them a major resource boost for using jungle would go too far in the other direction (particularly since getting a science bonus from working them later in the game is a boost that needs to be compensated for by low production in other respects).

well to replace all these militaristic city-states one could be troy another if they don't add kongo. kongo could be a city-state. angola for sure fyi angola has largest military of africa. maybe colombia not sure on that one:undecide: the philipinnes maritime, um i guess the ukraine as maritime. oh and the grand duchy of lithuania as the last major civ.

i don't remember the capital of the kingdom of kongo off the top of my head, but i know it's in angola, rather than congo.
and i really don't want more leaders for civs, but that's a discussion for another thread.

yeah, that's it. i'm not expecting a kongo civ, as much as i'd prefer it over zulu, but having it as a city-state would be nice, especially since the only other one in africa is cape town.

I think the duchy of lithuania should be the last civ that or the zulu. You why not sumer the voicing as far as I know we only know the written language, and the final interview is tomorrow. Can't wait:D I think it's the final interview tell if i'm wrong.

yeah, that's it. i'm not expecting a kongo civ, as much as i'd prefer it over zulu, but having it as a city-state would be nice, especially since the only other one in africa is cape town.

And Marrakech and Zanzibar, now.

Yeah, I think they should add something in western Africa as a City-State (either mercantile or militaristic). But they've at least increased it to three.

The last civ has to be Asian.
I hope Indonesia or Tibet,but Burma,Vietnam or Khmer would be good too.

i just thought of a great west african city state how about ghana it was the first african country to secede from europeon rule. i don't know what it would be though

Well, that's the area I'm thinking of. But I was thinking pre-colonization, the great slave, ivory, and gold ports.

Lagos is a good example.

Well, that's the area I'm thinking of. But I was thinking pre-colonization, the great slave, ivory, and gold ports.

Lagos is a good example.

Kumasi, Benin: Cultural or Mercantile

Bonny, Calabar: Mercantile or Martime

Abomey, Oyo: Militaristic

Ife: Religious

Ooh, Ife as a religious city-state would be interesting. Kumasi is another good example (Benin is one that constantly came up when I was looking into this). There's only need for one, though, of course.

Top Bottom