Adding a soundtrack to a mod - Help?

DoktorApplejuce

Champion of Kirkwall
I've been trying a few different ways to create a custom soundtrack for my mods, including following Leugi's tutorial, and using Typhlomence's mod as a template, yet It doesn't seem to want to work. The diplomacy themes work just fine, but whenever I attempt to implement a custom soundtrack, the music cuts out after the initial peace theme is over upon loading up the game.

Is there a trick to getting soundtracks to work that I'm missing? I am checking off the 'Reload Audio System' box.

My attempt at a soundtrack mod is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t38wg1hob0z02hz/(Dragon_Age_Mod_Project)_DA_Soundrack_(v_1).rar
The civs that this mod is supposed to work with are in my signature.

If someone could help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

You've got Audio_Sounds, but I don't see any audio script adds to the Audio_2DSounds table... go look at the tutorial again.

Alright, I've now added that, but it's still giving me the same result. I've tried before, following exactly as outlined in the tutorial, and it did the same thing. The link above is based off of what Typhlomence has on his mod, including the lack of a Audio_2DSounds define. I really am lost on this.

(updated link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pb6i6tu87stffcp/(Dragon_Age_Mod_Project)_DA_Soundrack_(v_1).rar )

I just noticed you haven't set your civ mods as dependencies (or at least as references, since you may not want to require all of them) to ensure they get loaded BEFORE the soundtrack mod, otherwise the changes to the civs table would not have been effective. Note that if you're planning to make more DA civs, then to ensure that the future DA civs are covered without you needing to update the mod and require your users to download the whole thing for a small change to the .modinfo file, you might add some placeholder references. Alternatively, you could use a SQL Trigger instead.

Note you should always check the database.log and/or view the database in a SQLite Browser to be sure that your changes are effective.

I don't personally have much experience in soundtrack mods, so if that doesn't work hopefully someone who has made some will drop by.

I just noticed you haven't set your civ mods as dependencies (or at least as references, since you may not want to require all of them) to ensure they get loaded BEFORE the soundtrack mod, otherwise the changes to the civs table would not have been effective. Note that if you're planning to make more DA civs, then to ensure that the future DA civs are covered without you needing to update the mod and require your users to download the whole thing for a small change to the .modinfo file, you might add some placeholder references. Alternatively, you could use a SQL Trigger instead.

Note you should always check the database.log and/or view the database in a SQLite Browser to be sure that your changes are effective.

I don't personally have much experience in soundtrack mods, so if that doesn't work hopefully someone who has made some will drop by.

Alright, I simply tried entirely rebuilding it from scratch, and now it works. Not sure what it was that was causing it to stop working, but I also added in your suggestion of referencing future civs. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom