Unified Changelog

Hi,
I have a question regarding Venice. The changelog only mentions the new UB. But in the actual game, it says Venice gets a free great merchant when researching optics, but there is no such tech?!?

Do they get a free great merchant? and if yes where? And maybe this should be reflected somewhere.

That's a typo. They get it at Sailing. I'll fix in next version.

G

Changelog said:
AI bonuses reduced overall, as AI is much more intelligent in the CP/CBP

The changelog doesn't mention the difficulty shift (ie how CBP Settler is roughly equal to Prince). This can easily cause someone to play at their "normal" difficulty level, without realizing that that difficulty level should be a few steps down.

Hi Gazebo,

I updated the list of incorporated mods (jpaolini noticed some where missing in my list)

I could not find these 3 at the WHowards web site:

• Separate Great People by Whoward
  • Local Workers by Whoward
  • Trade Route Scaling by Whoward

I think the names are incorrect. Would you please check and let me know the correct names? I suspect the Local Workers should be Local Generals (= the generals and adminrals spawn at the battlefield instead of capital).

Thanks!

I'll make a link to an editable version later today (in the main post) that people can download. Thanks for helping to edit! No need to apologize for being picky (I'm normally quite picky with my work, but I've been busy lately).

G

I'm sorry to bring this up, but it seems that you never did update the main post, so I'll ask: do you still intend to? I'd really love to get my hands on an editable version. Being quite a perfectionist at heart, I'd be glad to help to keep the changelog up to date, as quite a lot of information there would greatly benefit from revision.

I'm sorry to bring this up, but it seems that you never did update the main post, so I'll ask: do you still intend to? I'd really love to get my hands on an editable version. Being quite a perfectionist at heart, I'd be glad to help to keep the changelog up to date, as quite a lot of information there would greatly benefit from revision.

I'll get an editable copy online fairly soon - I haven't updated it because my copy is on my computer at work (yeah, I worked on it at work - shoot me), and that computer went AWOL back in June. Supposed to get it back, files and all, this week.

G

I'll get an editable copy online fairly soon - I haven't updated it because my copy is on my computer at work (yeah, I worked on it at work - shoot me), and that computer went AWOL back in June. Supposed to get it back, files and all, this week.

G

Cool, good to hear that.

Nah, feel free to just edit it as you see fit. I'm not attached to my formatting or anything, as it was fairly rushed.

G

Cool. I'll get to it at some point during this week. Got some excitement going already, though :) .

I made some small changes regarding the wording/formatting of the text, should be a bit more easier to read (less unnecessary listing), added Brazil changes, and Difficulty ramping.

Okay, so I guess I managed to find which minor mods are enabled in CP by default (by checking the logs), if it is correct maybe this list can be put into the changelog, hopefully benefitting confused people like me.
whoward's mods enabled in Community Patch (12-3):
AI - Warmonger Adjustments (with different values)
AI - Smart AI
AI - Secondary Workers And Settlers
Global - City States No Allied Skirmishes
Global - Naval Nearest Water
Global - Remove Ghost Routes
Global - Venice Keeps Resources
Global - CS Liberate After Buyout
Global - No Followup From Cities
UI - No Auto-Embark Workers**
Some parts from Artificial Unintelligence

*Global - Counter Religion seems activated in custommodoptions.xml, yet its main file is missing in (core) community patch (cbp has that), therefore not actually included.

**I've never seen workers embarking automatically, yet this mod also seems to miss a few files. With my non-existing modding knowledge, I'd say that UI part of the mod (notifications etc.) are missing, but it's functioning.

A question about the buildings that complement the Windmill and Garden - why were these introduced? It seems to me like these buildings devalue the Windmill/Garden by reducing the incentive to actually build on a river or not on a hill, which takes away variety in the game. Seems like a nagetive change.

A question about the buildings that complement the Windmill and Garden - why were these introduced? It seems to me like these buildings devalue the Windmill/Garden by reducing the incentive to actually build on a river or not on a hill, which takes away variety in the game. Seems like a nagetive change.

These alternative buildings aren't as effective and cost more to maintain than their river counterparts, so it's still more beneficial to settle near rivers in the early game. As the game progresses, and so do scientific advancements, the importance of fresh water nearby becomes less pronounced, which seems rather historically accurate to me.

Would be great if all new lua functions and events were properly documented. Do they at least have a unique comment in source code, so they are easy to find?

Top Bottom