What government is the best?

I do exactly the same thing, moreover technologies are acquired more quickly, providing a significant advantage over the AI.
It's also perfect for building boomtowns.

Love this strategy... democracy plus crazy rapid expansion helps for super fast technology growth production power. I never talk to enemy civs and am always wanting to try ways to make other civs have the great wall or united nations.
I used to do this really funny thing where I would surround every spot of my continent with caravans so that while I was at peace with nations they wouldnt be able to land units on my land without doing the sneak attack. however game gets weird and units disappear either from glitches or not enough population for so many units. caravans or diplomats surrounding your land is a no shield costing way to keep the good "bad guys" out. ;)

Just wonder, does enemies ever form democracy at the chief level?

The best forms of governments depends on the level of development of your civilisation.
In my opinion is to bulid as fas as possible pyramids wonder and od the earliest stage of development turn the government to communism- its far more effective than monarchy...more effective crops and scientist. The communism gov should be used to establish conditions to change on republic gov. i mean to build temples, cathedrals, marketplaces & Banks, also to do some irrigation and raliroads. The minus of communism is very slow science on the more advanced stages of civ development and not effective incomes so it should be treated as preliminary stage before republic and democracy. Democracy is very good in science progress and very poroblematic during wars (people do not want to pay for military units), and when the cities are not developed in the same level. I this cases rebels in the smaller cities overturn the whole civ governments and make anarchy which in fact can cause a lot of damages. That is why when i play civ on the emperror level I do not chcanf republic to democracy in final stages.

Have you counted the number of resources available in Communism and Monarchy when moving to Pyramids so fast? Typically such an early empire is compressed enough to give Monarchy an edge.

What government is the best?
Monarchy government is The most balanced. No protests of the people and food no shortage.
economy was good. but not fast .
Communism government economic growth and very fast Building establishment quickly.
but Food shortages. and crowds protest.
Democracy government economy is very Slowly not good .
I think Monarchy government is the best.

Top Bottom